Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Front Suspension Failure

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BMW must have some real design issues with their suspension:

04e52332-b45b-4099-9a6a-f6477103100a.JPG

1fd7be27-cbea-444a-b470-cf62b6c4555c.JPG

254897ff-af73-410a-9d1a-92e408c57afd.JPG

5c129c6e-7988-4451-bd76-cd3390077771.JPG

7e62f54c-3ff7-48b8-bb56-3fb969825c7f.JPG

9557217d-d6de-4d88-bb3f-344db4ea02ef.JPG

cddfc850-19e9-4d37-8004-d1364af0a58c.JPG

ecf89102-787a-473c-b82c-487393903104.JPG

Suppressing news of safety defects is against the law.
Alleging that any report of safety problems is misinformation is unhelpful.

No one is suppressing news of safety defects.

No one is alleging reporting of safety problems is misinformation.

Photos of crashed cars are not reports of safety defects.

Wheels / suspension are often designed to break-away / sheer off in crashes to prevent cabin intrusion and protect the occupants. This particularly helps with small overlap frontal crashes (like many of the crash photos, including those of other brands)

No one is suppressing news of safety defects.

No one is alleging reporting of safety problems is misinformation.

Photos of crashed cars are not reports of safety defects.

Wheels / suspension are often designed to break-away / sheer off in crashes to prevent cabin intrusion and protect the occupants. This particularly helps with small overlap frontal crashes (like many of the crash photos, including those of other brands)
On the BMW i3 there is a hook under the bolt that holds the lower control arm on. In the event of a small over lap crash the hook grabs the passing collision object and breaks the lower control arm bolt off so the front suspension can break away and clear the car.

@electricity, you're wrong. I am a real person. My name is Satish Reddy, I work as a chief engineer at NASA Johnson Space Center. You may look me up on LinkedIn. I posted this article originally and uploaded these pictures of my car when it failed in our parking lot where my car is the only Tesla. I do have the Tesla invoice with $0.0 charged that clearly acknowledges this failure and shows which parts were replaced. I have no axe to grind against Tesla. I like Tesla vehicles and wish the company succeeds and is around to take care of warrantee claims, maintenance, years from now.

Thanks so much for taking the time to come back after the VERY rude posts by electricity (who I have yet to see apologize to you). I love Tesla as much as others do but one thing that really bothers me is the Tesla Fanbois out there that think Tesla can do no wrong. Yes, there are some fake posts out there but we used to live in a world where one person didn't call another person a liar unless they were sure.

These days when people hide behind anonymity, they say things and write things that they most likely wouldn't to someone face to face. These Tesla fanbois to me are just as bad as a poster that make fake a negative post because they are as ugly and extreme as the fake poster.

I'm not sure what makes people act this way. If they are buying Tesla stock or a shareholder or what. But it's totally crazy sometimes. My Teslas (Model S and Model X) were two of the best cars I've ever owned or purchased. But I'm not crazy enough to say Tesla isn't without it's problems. My car was in the shop 13 times in less than 3.5 years. What other luxury manufacturer would you put up with that on a new car?

Hopefully people will stay objective, stay polite and avoid ugly nasty posts on this and other forums.

Thanks so much for taking the time to come back after the VERY rude posts by electricity (who I have yet to see apologize to you). I love Tesla as much as others do but one thing that really bothers me is the Tesla Fanbois out there that think Tesla can do no wrong. Yes, there are some fake posts out there but we used to live in a world where one person didn't call another person a liar unless they were sure.

These days when people hide behind anonymity, they say things and write things that they most likely wouldn't to someone face to face. These Tesla fanbois to me are just as bad as a poster that make fake a negative post because they are as ugly and extreme as the fake poster.

I'm not sure what makes people act this way. If they are buying Tesla stock or a shareholder or what. But it's totally crazy sometimes. My Teslas (Model S and Model X) were two of the best cars I've ever owned or purchased. But I'm not crazy enough to say Tesla isn't without it's problems. My car was in the shop 13 times in less than 3.5 years. What other luxury manufacturer would you put up with that on a new car?

Hopefully people will stay objective, stay polite and avoid ugly nasty posts on this and other forums.

Hope you realize that the OP posted from a anonymous account also. Im yet to see any proof that OP is the actual owner of the car. It seems more legit now, but still no proof. I have no problem apologizing. In his post he said "i have nothing against tesla" yet posts a horrible post about the company showing no trust that Tesla would do the right thing by issuing a recall if this was a fleet wide problem, instead giving chance for haters to come in and use this against the company. Mechanical problems happen I criticize Tesla in other posts also.

I posted this article originally and uploaded these pictures of my car when it failed in our parking lot where my car is the only Tesla. I do have the Tesla invoice with $0.0 charged that clearly acknowledges this failure and shows which parts were replaced.

I think the same thing happened to our early production Model X. This arm was on the driver's side toward the front of the car. Tesla fixed it for free too.

2016-09-02 16.44.54.jpg
2016-09-02 16.45.07.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.