Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Actually, as far as I can tell, they are the same as the one released in February? Had my hopes up that you meant the 6-seater's backseat ones have been updated for new VINs straight wheel well since I've been checking daily. Darn! :)

Actually, as far as I can tell, they are the same as the one released in February? Had my hopes up that you meant the 6-seater's backseat ones have been updated for new VINs straight wheel well since I've been checking daily. Darn! :)
So you have a VIN that's higher than 22381? What did they change with 22382, anyway. Do you know? I have an earlier VIN, I'm just curious.

Looking back at your post, you do mention a straight wheel well. I just don't know what that means.

So you have a VIN that's higher than 22381? What did they change with 22382, anyway. Do you know? I have an earlier VIN, I'm just curious.

Looking back at your post, you do mention a straight wheel well. I just don't know what that means.

I think I'm in the same boat as MXwing, I have a newer Model X 6-seater VIN above FO22831, and the backseat mats they sell right now apparently don't fit properly. In fact, when I tried to buy a set when we first got our car two weeks ago, the guys at the store practically refused to sell it to me LOL. I'm hoping someone out there has a photo of what it would look like.

Nobody seems to know when the updated mats will be ready. I see some people have bought the ToughPro mats on Amazon, but it's not clear what VIN numbers those owners' cars are?

It's terrible :( I'm holding out for the rear mats for now with the my old rectangular generic rubber mats and instructing anyone coming in to place their feet in that particular rectangle. I might just buy the 'old rear mats' at this point, but the moment I do I bet Tesla releases the rears ahhhh.

I have a new MX 6 seat config, i bought toughpro mats from amazon. it is perfect fit even for new vin. any reason people are waiting for mat from tesla? since i took delivery towards end of winter i didn't want to wait for the mat and end up with snow slush/mud damage.

@VMark I think many people like the visual appearance of the WeatherTechs and/or their higher side walls. They also seem fairly easy to clean compared to some other mats. Note that this is not commentary on ToughPros or any particular other mat, just general observation.

For me it was also the simple fact that getting Tesla mats in my market was easier than any of the alternatives. And I found the wrong-VIN mats to fit well enough.

On another note, I wonder why @gfb107 disagreed with my post #10. A genuine question. Did I miss some detail? If I did, as a detail buff I'd like to know. :)

The front and short trunk maps never had issues, it is the third-row and folded down trunk mats that have a VIN related incompatiblity.

Though the incompatibility does not make them useless:

Trying out wrong VIN Tesla mats and third-party Model S goodies on Model X

Or was it just a disagreement over whether or not the rear mats/folded down trunk mats fit well enough?

Yes, made by WeaterhTech for Tesla. It's my understanding that Tesla has the exclusive rights to sell them for a period of time (6-12 months?). After which you should see them on WeatherTech's site.
It's worth noting that the pattern in the Model X front and second/third row mats is a custom design. If/when these are for sale directly from WeatherTech, they will likely have the traditional pattern like the Model S mats do.

Model X (Custom)
1stRowSet-v2_1024x1024.jpg

Model S (Standard)
fronts-v2_1024x1024.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: vandacca