TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Vendor Model X Full Windshield Spectra Photosync

Discussion in 'California' started by Premier Mobile, Apr 14, 2016.

1. Premier Mobile

Premier Mobile Local Vendor - NorCal

The full windshield application in one piece for the Model X is not your typical app for the novice tint installer. This will take real tint experience to get the film laid down propey due to size and curvature.

Here is the process with Spectra Photosync75. First the film needs to be heat shrunk on the outside in order for the film to conform to the extreme curves. Next we install to the inside DSC01562.JPG DSC01586.JPG DSC01589.JPG DSC01597.JPG

• Like x 1
  2. Premier Mobile

DSC01736.JPG With the Model Xs massive windshield, there is only a handful of installers capable of installing window film to it. Search and ask for references as it will take a master tint installer to lay down properly.

Pictured here with Spectra Photosync 75 full windshield (1 piece) + 55 DSC01655.JPG DSC01633.JPG DSC01629.JPG View attachment 173679 on the front doors

• Like x 1
  3. MonsterCarter

MonsterCarter Member

@Premier Mobile The Front passenger windows are Photysnc 55? What about the Rear Windows?

4. Premier Mobile

We put on Spectra Photosync 65 to the rears. You can't really tell since 65% is very light.

5. Zroiron

Zroiron Poodle Pack Leader

I can't find any installers in Vegas with enough balls to take on a full windshield Photosync tint! (Maybe I need to look harder!) send me a pm please with an estimate and time frame if I decided to bring NightHawk back to the Mothership for a full windshield tint!

6. Premier Mobile

The windshield on the X is one of the most difficult windshield to do in one piece. So it does take quite a bit of skill and experience to accomplish it. PM sent.

7. Jeff Andrews

Jeff Andrews Member

San Luis Obispo, California, United States
    Can you send me the same info? Thanks.

8. Premier Mobile

I believe the closest Photosync Dealer to you is Extreme Autowerks (www.extremeautowerks.net) in Cerritos, CA. Great bunch of guys there and very knowledgeable of Teslas.

• Informative x 1
  9. 7racer

7racer Member

you don't happen to do house calls....to Dallas Texas do you?!?!!?

10. Premier Mobile

Unfortunately, we are not mobile. There is Speedshield thats a Photosync dealer in DFW area.

11. Premier Mobile

Some more Model Xs in for full windshield with Photosync (done in 1 large piece - Not half way or 2 pieces) and the clearest paint protection film on the market: Clearguard Nano SR

Contrary to what most tint installers say, the windshield on the X certainly can be done in 1 piece, but only a handful of very skilled installers in this industry can do it.

DSC03511.JPG DSC03481.JPG DSC03287.JPG

Attached Files: