Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Model X Full Windshield Spectra Photosync

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The full windshield application in one piece for the Model X is not your typical app for the novice tint installer. This will take real tint experience to get the film laid down propey due to size and curvature.

Here is the process with Spectra Photosync75. First the film needs to be heat shrunk on the outside in order for the film to conform to the extreme curves. Next we install to the inside
DSC01562.JPG
DSC01586.JPG
DSC01589.JPG
DSC01597.JPG

Reactions: MikeC
The full windshield application in one piece for the Model X is not your typical app for the novice tint installer. This will take real tint experience to get the film laid down propey due to size and curvature.

Here is the process with Spectra Photosync75. First the film needs to be heat shrunk on the outside in order for the film to conform to the extreme curves. Next we install to the insideView attachment 172249 View attachment 172250 View attachment 172251 View attachment 172252
I can't find any installers in Vegas with enough balls to take on a full windshield Photosync tint! (Maybe I need to look harder!) send me a pm please with an estimate and time frame if I decided to bring NightHawk back to the Mothership for a full windshield tint!

I can't find any installers in Vegas with enough balls to take on a full windshield Photosync tint! (Maybe I need to look harder!) send me a pm please with an estimate and time frame if I decided to bring NightHawk back to the Mothership for a full windshield tint!

The windshield on the X is one of the most difficult windshield to do in one piece. So it does take quite a bit of skill and experience to accomplish it. PM sent.

Some more Model Xs in for full windshield with Photosync (done in 1 large piece - Not half way or 2 pieces) and the clearest paint protection film on the market: Clearguard Nano SR

Contrary to what most tint installers say, the windshield on the X certainly can be done in 1 piece, but only a handful of very skilled installers in this industry can do it.

DSC03511.JPG
DSC03481.JPG
DSC03287.JPG

Attachments

• 20160830_132725.jpg
    20160830_132725.jpg
    341.7 KB · Views: 45
I have read as many posts as I can find on the use of Photosync but I still have numerous questions that I hope someone can answer. I'm about to get a new windshield this week due to a crack which is why I have a renewed interest in this.

1.) Can the Photosync be removed and re-applied if I need another future windshield replacement?

2.) How much heat rejection does the factory tint on the back windows provide? Are our back windows purely a coloring tint without any of the heat rejection capabilities of Photosync and other similar products, or how much heat rejection is there? The back hatch alone is a huge piece of glass so I'd like to cover that as well if the factory tint isn't doing what this film would do for me.

3.) Is the tint from the factory a film that is already on the inside of the back windows & hatch or is it part of the glass itself? Are there any issues or concerns adding Photosync to the back windows which already have the "factory tint"?

4.) Finally, does the Photosync 75 for the front windshield cause any issues with polarized sun glasses?

Thanks in advance!

Responses below in bold. Hope this helps.

I have read as many posts as I can find on the use of Photosync but I still have numerous questions that I hope someone can answer. I'm about to get a new windshield this week due to a crack which is why I have a renewed interest in this.

1.) Can the Photosync be removed and re-applied if I need another future windshield replacement?
**No unfortunately not. Regardless of brand of tint, once applied it cannot be reused for another vehicle

2.) How much heat rejection does the factory tint on the back windows provide?
**There is no data on this from Tesla

Are our back windows purely a coloring tint without any of the heat rejection capabilities of Photosync and other similar products, or how much heat rejection is there?
**It is a laminated glass with privacy coloring to darken the windows. They do use some type of metallic coating, which is also why some people experience connectivity issues with their wireless devices such as dashcams, cell signal, fastrak toll, etc.

The back hatch alone is a huge piece of glass so I'd like to cover that as well if the factory tint isn't doing what this film would do for me.
**Correct, which is why you should have that glass done as well. Would help with occupants sitting in the 3rd row as their heads are directly under that glass.

3.) Is the tint from the factory a film that is already on the inside of the back windows & hatch or is it part of the glass itself? Are there any issues or concerns adding Photosync to the back windows which already have the "factory tint"?
**We have installed PhotoSync and CeraLuxe to 330 Model Xs since January 2016 - no issues whatsoever.

4.) Finally, does the Photosync 75 for the front windshield cause any issues with polarized sun glasses?
**It may. All window films will exhibit some of this, but only bothers a small percentage from our experience. You should contact Prestige Film Technologies to see who they have in your area - 408-657-3880 or email - [email protected]

Thanks in advance!

• Informative
Reactions: jgrgnt
In Southern California, there is also the following companies we know well that carry Prestige Film Technologies Cearguard Nano SR paint protectiin film, Ceraluxe Quantum Ceramic (2nd highest heat rejecting window film), and Spectra Photosync:

Extreme Autowerks in Cerritos
Adonis Detail in Vista
Monumental Works in San Diego

Does the mirror and conduit have to be removed to install or can you get the film underneath it?
The film is not install "underneath" anything when the mirror is not removed. The installers cut around the mirror and conduit. Even if an installer prefers to remove the mirror and conduit, you still don't want the film installed under anything or else a later removal of the mirror or conduit for any reason can (or will) pull the film off your windshield.