Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X fully wrapped in stealth matte film & C-Quartz Pro

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Guys,

I finally did get my car fully wrapped. It looks good to me, I wish I had done it much earlier, because the black color is so unforgiving. There are tiny rock chips all over the front which still show through the film. They are micro, and I bet on any other color they would be hard to find. But on black and with the matte wrap, not so invisible.

Anyhow, as far as the look goes, what do you guys think ?
IMG_7591.jpg
IMG_7592.jpg
IMG_7594.jpg
IMG_7595.jpg
IMG_7596.jpg
IMG_7598.jpg
IMG_7587.jpg
IMG_7589.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_7588.jpg
    IMG_7588.jpg
    352.9 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_7593.jpg
    IMG_7593.jpg
    258.9 KB · Views: 64
Hi Guys,

I finally did get my car fully wrapped. It looks good to me, I wish I had done it much earlier, because the black color is so unforgiving. There are tiny rock chips all over the front which still show through the film. They are micro, and I bet on any other color they would be hard to find. But on black and with the matte wrap, not so invisible.

View attachment 393274 View attachment 393275 View attachment 393277 View attachment 393278 View attachment 393279 View attachment 393280 View attachment 393281 View attachment 393282

Looks good overall. With matte PPF (not sure if that's stealth XPEL in your case) installers have to be more meticulous and spend some extra time with corners. In your case I can see they did not try too hard (4th pic with the mirror close-up). They should have wrapped around the edges so the glossy paint is not visible around the edges of the panel.
Be careful if you're planning to use a power washer, go easy on the edges.
Nice look though. I am planning to do the same on my black M3: Stealth XPEL + CQuartz

Hi Guys,

Looks Great
Want to wrap my white X.
What is the approx cost?

Gloss paint to matte wrap does take an extra level of detail during installation. In order to reduce glossy edges you need to wrap as many edges as possible, there will be some areas of PPF installation that cannot be tucked/wrapped to the degree a vinyl wrap would. They are two different products but most people tend to expect similar intricacies.

We also offer our PPFC and Ultra in a Matte finish and it's always a great transition and combination of aesthesis and protection.