Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Group

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you're a reservation holder or a big fan for the Tesla Model X, feel free to join the group.

How this group will be used is totally open to suggestions from members. Examples:

• Group Photos
    • Special home for a collection of pics from various threads.
  • Group Discussions
    • long threads consensus/summaries, wikis, resources, etc. that are scattered around TMC and the interwebs

Its going to get pretty exciting in here in no time flat. It really struck me today that we are now >< that close! I can almost smell the newness of the inside.

Cheers!
Paul HRHLGP Mr. Sparkle

Last edited:
Thx-an obvious question with probably an obvious answer... is the group just a collection of assets e.g. pictures or does it also contain discussions? if so how does it relate to the Model X forum?
Yes, planning on gathering pictures so they are all in one place. Also hoping to have thread summaries. Basically trying not to overlap anything in the forum, but perhaps gathering of results from really long threads that are applicable to the group. Open to other suggestions.

Thanks for the curation. My suggestion to have spec sheets, feature lists by firmware version, HowTos and tips etc on a wiki for the model S didn't take off initially; because it was a "ok you do it" reaction and not having the car made it less motivating.
Great ideas, does that mean you just volunteered right? :) I like this idea and to have the group open in that case. Will call on some volunteers once we start getting hard details. I'm willing to take on one or two once it starts and get to hang up my tally hat.

I just got back from a 320 mile round trip from Seattle to Vancouver BC in our new MX. Auto steer worked flawlessly and I used it for over 90% of the freeway driving. I must admit it was scary for the first half hour or so but soon I learned to trust the car. In the beginning my "death grip" on the steering wheel instantly deactivated the auto steer. Once I relaxed I then found it difficult to lightly hold the wheel and my arms fatigued so I was only using my fingers at the bottom of the steering wheel. After about an hour or so I found the comfortable way to hold the wheel in a 10-2 position with the right amount of pressure to prevent deactivation and at the same time no arm fatigue. There is a short learning curve for this amazing feature. The lane change assist also worked flawlessly but I found that I had to manually turn off the turning signal after the lane change. One final comment/software update request - it would be cool if the units of measurement changed to metric automatically when crossing the border into Canada and then revert back to miles hen returning to the US.

I have found I can rest the back of my right hand on my right leg with my thumb resting on/over the wheel. Easy to lightly feel the steering and also easy to simply close my fingers around the wheel if conditions require me to take control.

I love the auto steer system and use it most of the time.

I have found I can rest the back of my right hand on my right leg with my thumb resting on/over the wheel. Easy to lightly feel the steering and also easy to simply close my fingers around the wheel if conditions require me to take control.

I love the auto steer system and use it most of the time.

I've found that resting my hands on my thighs/knees is relaxing. Instead of actually holding the steering wheel when you get the warning, a tiny almost imperceptible twitch of the wheel stops the warning. Drove from NJ to Tannersville, PA almost entirely on a/p. Going NJ to Richmond, VA this weekend and expect to use it all the way.