TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model X hitch cover, early version

Discussion in 'Want to Buy' started by Gwgan, Jul 4, 2017.

1. Gwgan

Gwgan Almost a wagon

First lost the pin, then the whole cover.

Attached Files:

2. araxara

araxara S-P85#3,218 X-90D#3,299

You may want to check with the service center. I had the same issue and they gave me a new one. There is currently a better design available too.

• Like x 1
  3. Gwgan

Gwgan Almost a wagon

I thought the new design also included a new bumper bottom. Service center may yet get back to me but there may be some used out there so I'm trying this post also.

4. Gwgan

Gwgan Almost a wagon

Bump. Hard to find. Service sent me the new one (anybody want?) by mistake.
    IMG_0850.JPG IMG_0851.JPG

5. ohmman

ohmman Maximum Plaid Member

I've been through this with my SC. To use the new style, you need a rear underbody panel as well as the new cover. I think it's much more secure but I doubt your SC will comp you one. Still, worth asking. It is just a bunch of screws (around 30) to remove and reattach.

6. Gwgan

Gwgan Almost a wagon

Thanks for the perspective. I’m pursuing that angle also and would rather have the new version which is less likely to break.

7. Gwgan

Gwgan Almost a wagon

New plan: new underbody panel design will happen next time I get to the service center.
    Can we name a car with mostly new and improved parts an Autonic? My X has about a dozen new part numbers since it was built, with more coming.

8. ohmman

ohmman Maximum Plaid Member

Let us know what the parts cost, if you could.