TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model X horsepower and 0-60 sec discussion

Discussion in 'Model X: Driving Dynamics' started by BM3B, Sep 28, 2020.

1. BM3B

BM3B “beaver”

#1 BM3B, Sep 28, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2020
    I am a new Model X owner LR+ 20" with -H battery built 9/2020. I have been looking for LR (non-performance) horsepower and 0-60 information and have not found much in the forum especially for power. I will post my findings to this thread and ask anyone else with info to chime in as well. Thanks

74% SOC in "very low", car is not hot but not cold, floored it from 30 mph.

421 kW battery power according to TeslaFi, which corresponds to 565 bhp. Assuming 7% loss to axle (Raven) this is 525 hp at the wheel, which close to the 518 hp I found on this page. Interestingly, this is the same power I measured for my P3, which is 0-60 in 3.00 1-ft rollout (beast!).

I will measure 0-60 at high SOC and when warm soon and post here, seems like the best will be 4.4 sec with 1-foot rollout.

Attached Files:

• Helpful x 1
    • Like x 1
  2. BM3B

BM3B “beaver”

Last night I measured 0-60 mph using Dragy. See attached picture.

4.54 s from stop
    4.25 s 1 foot roll

Model X LR+ “-H” battery
    90% SOC, 1,500 miles ODO, 20” wheels, not warmed up.

Attached Files:

• Informative x 2
  3. TeeeeeeDub

TeeeeeeDub Member

Thanks for sharing. Pretty amazing that a vehicle of this size and weight can accelerate at that pace. And it's not even the P model. Nuts

• Like x 1
  4. BM3B

BM3B “beaver”

I agree! 5,000 lb beast. And I think there are faster times possible if Tesla updates the power curve. It feels weak off the line until 20 mph, perhaps to protect the half shafts from issues. I am wishing for a $2k acceleration boost for Christmas like Model 3 and Y! I’d love to have 3.8 sec 0-60. Maybe I will tweet Elon.

• Like x 1