Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MODEL X - HOW TO PURCHASE?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got it, thank you both. When I look on other sites it says there is a 100D and then there is a Long Range. I feel like different websites have different filters and make it complicated to shop for the correct vehicle.

To be exact I am looking for a 2019 Tesla Model X (with Long Range 325 Miles) for under $90,000.
It has been a long mission trying to find this. I have run into 2019 Tesla Model X Long Range w/ 295 miles a lot, which kind of throws me off and makes me want to lean towards a Mercedes.

You are seeing the 295 mile long range for cheap because it is now an outdated model. Tesla changed to a more efficient setup as of May 1. You will not find discounts on those cars for several more months until they start building more than they can deliver.

295 mile long range = best deal now
325 mile long range = must order brand new pay full price

It’s like buying the iPhone X for $899 or paying $999 for the iPhone XS.

Reactions: EV-CPO
100D=Long Range
P100D=Long Range Performance

The difference in range you see is likely the new, more efficient front drive unit in new cars built after sometime in mid April. I think the official date is May 1st. I’m on a train now so hopefully someone else can provide you with more details.

Thanks for the help. Would there be a way to filter through the 2019 models that have a long range distance of 295 miles and a long range distane of 325 miles on EV-CPO? I attached an image of what packages I am looking for, but around the ~$90,000 price range out the door.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-05-14 at 8.49.29 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-05-14 at 8.49.29 AM.png
    113.1 KB · Views: 69
You are seeing the 295 mile long range for cheap because it is now an outdated model. Tesla changed to a more efficient setup as of May 1. You will not find discounts on those cars for several more months until they start building more than they can deliver.

295 mile long range = best deal now
325 mile long range = must order brand new pay full price

It’s like buying the iPhone X for $899 or paying $999 for the iPhone XS.

Just saw your reply, and I completely agree with you. My mentality beforehand was that there has to be just one floating around for the non-stickered price. However, after doing an extensive online search it's pretty safe to say that it will take a bit longer to get that price range.

Thanks for the help. Would there be a way to filter through the 2019 models that have a long range distance of 295 miles and a long range distane of 325 miles on EV-CPO? .

Not at this time, but I'll be adding that functionality shortly. Also, there are zero "new" Model Xs listed with the new drive unit anyway.

But as you noticed, it's going to be nearly impossible to find a car matching your criteria for $90k "out the door". Also keep in mind that a lot of people are always looking for the same amazing deals, so even if/when one pops up, they disappear nearly immediately.

• Helpful
Reactions: KimchiCaillou
Not at this time, but I'll be adding that functionality shortly. Also, there are zero "new" Model Xs listed with the new drive unit anyway.

But as you noticed, it's going to be nearly impossible to find a car matching your criteria for $90k "out the door". Also keep in mind that a lot of people are always looking for the same amazing deals, so even if/when one pops up, they disappear nearly immediately.

I have successfully purchased a new Tesla Model X. Now just working out registration and insurance online. Thanks for all the help guys.

Reactions: thejester322
Congrats!

Did you come close to your target price?

Pretty close, it ended up being $10,000 more than what I wanted it to be.
However, now I'm having second thoughts on my purchase. From what I've been reading they are looking to push out all their older models and by 2020 there will be a refresh, at least for the interior/screen which would be nice.

I may return/cancel this order and wait until Q3 of 2019 or after June 30th. They keep pushing a deadline for the tax credits AND the unlimited supercharging for taking their inventory... I'm pretty upset about the timing but I think this is what they're trying to do. Let me know your thoughts!

Pretty close, it ended up being $10,000 more than what I wanted it to be.
However, now I'm having second thoughts on my purchase. From what I've been reading they are looking to push out all their older models and by 2020 there will be a refresh, at least for the interior/screen which would be nice.

I may return/cancel this order and wait until Q3 of 2019 or after June 30th. They keep pushing a deadline for the tax credits AND the unlimited supercharging for taking their inventory... I'm pretty upset about the timing but I think this is what they're trying to do. Let me know your thoughts!

The tax reduction is about $1900 and IMO free SC is worth about $500 - 600/year (~2K miles/year charging). So that's your opportunity cost for waiting until after June 30th. Also it would be helpful to share the deal you're getting to judge if it's worth it.

The tax reduction is about $1900 and IMO free SC is worth about $500 - 600/year (~2K miles/year charging). So that's your opportunity cost for waiting until after June 30th. Also it would be helpful to share the deal you're getting to judge if it's worth it.

What I'm considering is that the tax credit incentive is not going to be worth enough to choose the 2019 vehicle over the 2020 vehicle; that should be announced in the next few months. The problem that I have is paying a premium price for a 2019 vehicle when a 2020 vehicle will be released very shortly.

The down payment has been made for the 2019, but I'm urgently looking to cancel. The reason why I was extremely interested was the unlimited free SC. That alone would've been enough for me to say forget it I'll buy the 2019. However, the offer is only for their remaining inventory and not any brand new built vehicle. This again makes me question what's happening once June 30th, 2019 passes. Tax credits are gone after that date, and unlimited free supercharging for remaining inventory is also gone after that date.

Again, I've done a lot of research and have seen rumors that they want to implement model 3 pieces in the model x.
Please let me know if you guys have done further research/ or know of updates that we should foresee in 2020.

Supercharging cost under $10 to fill up, free supercharging is not worth buying a car now verses waiting.

How much do you really plan on SC anyway?

That's true but I was thinking it was around $20-$30 in California. Either way you're correct I don't think it would be enough to sway my opinion on buying a 2019 Model X vs waiting and getting a 2020 Model X.