Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X in Canada - Status

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla Prices Model X In Canada From $119,000 - Currency Woes Abound, Help Coming

Not sure if the "help is coming" is based on any sort of information or not, but I would certainly like to voice my opinion on the irrational increase that we have seen in pricing. Anyone have good contacts to send my observations to?

Have to think that Tesla is in a tough spot on this. I am sure that some Tesla X order holders are converting and purchasing the vehicle. If they turn around and lower prices then those people get screwed unless Tesla rebates them. My guess is that Tesla will watch the numbers closely and determine the best course of action in a few weeks.

Plus, to me, that 2016 model looks no different than this 7 year old one.
29e0de22d236ec791e54715aa99c7811.jpg
[/QUOT
E]
maserati_levante_72.jpg

May be this

Nobody knows anything. I was given a June-July timeframe for delivery, but judging by all the previous missed DS predictions, I'm not holding my breath. Eventually somewhere, someplace a DS will make a prediction that will come true. Will this be that place and time? I don't know.

June-July is hopefully a very worst case scenario. They started delivering the 90D in the US, and are pushing 70D to convert to 90D to get their car in April/May compared to June .... which sound like they are almost done delivering the US Performance models.

Still hoping for end of April for the Canadian Sigs ... but I have no real information source.

If happening end of April, Elon can have the Quarterly Q1 call happening beginning of May and inform everyone that "As previously Announced", International Deliveries are happening in Q2 ... and we already had some deliveries ... and since Signatures are first ...

Reactions: Jon
June-July is hopefully a very worst case scenario. They started delivering the 90D in the US, and are pushing 70D to convert to 90D to get their car in April/May compared to June .... which sound like they are almost done delivering the US Performance models.

Still hoping for end of April for the Canadian Sigs ... but I have no real information source.

DS indicated last week delivery for end of May- mid June for CND Sig #30 but I'm sure it's a guess also

I've heard anywhere between late April (4-5 weeks) to June/July. Once I hit that configure button, I'm not thinking about it until I get an Email/call. I'd prefer to post-pone it as long as possible so that I can try to save up for the added cost of currency exchange.

Also, no VIN, but I was probably the last Signature to confirm (1 week ago). I'm not expecting a VIN until mid to late May. With still some minor issues with the recent deliveries, I'm okay to wait a little longer. I'm about 90km from the Service Centre, so I'm hoping to limit this trip to once a year.

I agree with vandacca, Canadian approval for Model X sales in each province is anticipated to be completed this month. SigXs should get their VINs soon after. Once the number is assigned delivery usually takes 6 to 8 weeks. I now expect my vehicle no later that the final week of June.

Reactions: Jon
Totally make sense for Signature. That week is the very last one where we could get our cars by June. Two weeks to build, 2-3 weeks in transport.

I mean, having them in July, which is the month where anyone ordering today would get, would be strange. Reserving years in advance, with that 40K$ reservation amount have to save us at least a month right !

Here is the email I received. I am so excited.

It is my absolute pleasure to let you know that production dates were assigned to Canadian signature Model X’s this morning!

Your Beautiful Model X is expected to go into production during the week of May 16th 2016 and arriving here in mid-June.

It would be great to speak with you and go over some details. Please let me know when you are available.

Thank you!

Reactions: goneskiian
Totally make sense for Signature. That week is the very last one where we could get our cars by June. Two weeks to build, 2-3 weeks in transport.

I mean, having them in July, which is the month where anyone ordering today would get, would be strange. Reserving years in advance, with that 40K$ reservation amount have to save us at least a month right !
2-3 weeks to Montreal. 1-3 days to Vancouver....!?. :)