TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Model X in long term parking

Discussion in 'Model X' started by Oceanwolf, May 15, 2016.

1. Oceanwolf

Oceanwolf Oceanwolf

once a year I take a 3 week vacation to go to Europe. We either fly from SF or LA and park our car in a long term parking close to the airport. My Mercury Mariner Hybrid failed to start twice after we were back. In the first time I called my roadside assistance to give me a jumpstart, in the second time I was ready with a jumpstart battery in the trunk so it was a fast solution.

If I park my MX for 3 weeks and no charging station available, what would happen when I am back. I guess MS owners can also relate to this.

Onur

2. AEdennis

AEdennis Active Member

You could find many EV experienced parking lots in either SF or LA. Some, with valet, will even charge your car for you.

So, I would use the remote app to view it and get the phone number to the parking garage to get them to charge it if it's running low.

3. drewmcmanus

drewmcmanus Member

I like SkyPark in San Bruno when I fly out of SFO. They valet park. You can ask for indoor or outdoor. Free donuts. Fast shuttle to terminal. When you get back, you can use their app to request your car (or send a text). Catch the shuttle back to the lot and your car is there and ready to go. I generally earn enough points from business travel to get free parking for vacations.

Oh, and they'll charge your Tesla.

• Like x 1
  4. Vizir

Vizir Member

you might find this video informative

• Informative x 1
  5. Jason S

Jason S Model S Sig Perf (P85)

The video is about what I expected. About 1% per day should be expected.

6. 182RG

182RG Free The Service Manuals From Tyranny

I hate leaving any type of expensive vehicle in long term parking. For 3 weeks, I'd leave it at home on reduced charge %, and use Uber or a car service to and from the airport.

• Like x 4
    • Helpful x 1