TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Model X in Maine

Discussion in 'New England' started by Gwgan, Mar 19, 2016.

1. Gwgan

Gwgan Almost a wagon

Model X arrived 3/18. Today 3/19 we’ll try an Augusta Maine Supercharger test about 9:30am. We’re also trying an E-ZPass toll test on the way there, I’m going to try putting the transponder in the front cubby of the frunk, looks like a good place.

2. pchan

pchan Member

Front cubby of the frunk? You mean inside the frunk? :eek:

3. Gwgan

Gwgan Almost a wagon

#3 Gwgan, Mar 19, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2016
    Yes, but toward the front by the lights (not much between there and the back of the air intake). Did not work on first try but it was tucked up high behind the trim and more underneath the metal hood because I did not bring any tape. I'll try again once I can affix the tag to the hard plastic between the two lights,

4. Gwgan

Gwgan Almost a wagon

3/20 will stop at Bowdin to check out the charger there somewhere around 2-3pm, then brief stop at the Augusta Supercharger 4-5pm just because. Actual times on twitter @gwgans

5. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney Active Member

Bowdoin, I oresume.

Congratulations, it's been a long wait for you.

See you at NDEW in South Portland in September?

6. Gwgan

Gwgan Almost a wagon

Yes "Bowdoin", thumbs!
    >650 miles in two days: no charging problems at home, at Supercharger, at J1772. Only door problems were of my own doing and resolved with manually recycling the door (open/close by hand). No luck with the toll tag in the frunk cubby.

7. Pheadrus

Pheadrus Member

Does the toll tag work inside the car? I am used to just holding mine up to the glass. And of course, congrats on the car!

8. Gwgan

Gwgan Almost a wagon

Manual says it won’t, some have reported success. I just got a front plate tag (but don’t have the front plate mounted yet). I’ll hold it up by the mirror on my next trip as a test.

9. Gwgan

Gwgan Almost a wagon

About 3:30 PM will be checking out the MOFGA charger since I’ll be over that way. Won’t be there long, just a test.

10. PeterK

PeterK Model S Owner

Congratulations! And great to hear you aren't plagued by problems like some on TMC. My X is at Dedham now, pickup late this week if all goes well.

11. Gwgan

Gwgan Almost a wagon

More miles driven. Tested charger at MOFGA, got 30 amps. I found something wrong: there is a mesh flap beneath each front seat which is partly loose (added to Tesla Model X Checklist ). Thanks PeterK, I hope yours is also well cared for (and don’t forget to look under the seats).

12. Robert.Boston

Robert.Boston Model S VIN P01536

@Gwgan -- very excited that you've got your X! I hope you'll take a run down to Portland sometime.

13. Gwgan

Gwgan Almost a wagon

Going to Mass on the 30th and back end of the following week. Will keep you posted on details. Will want to check out charging in the Fore St garage.

14. Gwgan

Gwgan Almost a wagon

Details are last minute, but I'll be checking out the Fore st garage charger 12-1-ish 3/30 in the X on my way to visiting in Newton before a morning Dedham visit. I'll don't know when, probably mid afternoon, but I'll be driving back north the next day. Seabrook, too.