TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Model X in San Diego

Discussion in 'Model X' started by zzzspeed, Apr 9, 2016.

1. zzzspeed

zzzspeed Member

Wife really wants to replace her minivan (which she loves) with the model X. After I got the MS p90dl, she loves driving it and since we have solar on the house it just makes sense to have both our cars electric.
    Don't want to spend the money before we can see and either ride/drive one in person. Anyone is San Diego area have one that can meet up with us? We live in the Carmel Valley/Del Mar area.
    Let me know thanks.

2. ssq

ssq Member

The X should be in stores soon. Or else.. do you happen to be an employee of Q?

3. zzzspeed

zzzspeed Member

No workee for the Q. Biz owner. That would be cool if they did, or at least let us configure online to see price and payments

4. ravana

ravana Member

Slightly OT....There was a Grey one parked just below Sammy's pizza @ Del Mar Highlands Town Center around lunch yesterday.

Finally got to see the door open/shut IRL, just as we were leaving.

5. KOL2000

KOL2000 Member

Sure I live in Carmel valley too! We are probably neighbors. Happy to show you the car. PM me and we can meet up.

6. ssq

ssq Member

Ah there you go! :) I wish I could swing by to see the car too, I have mine on order but wont get it until late summer. I live in 4s ranch.

7. ssq

ssq Member

Forgot to mention, Elon had tweeted and confirmed today that the Model X configurator will be open to all this monday. Enjoy!

8. hill

hill Member

We've had a couple test rides so far & will eventually take another before configuring (got the notice 2 months ago). We're also waiting to see how quickly the quirky anomalies get resolved (rust, misalignment, weatherstripping, wrinkled leather etc) and if the fixes stay fixed.

9. zzzspeed

zzzspeed Member

I keep checking to website. Not up yet!

10. zzzspeed

zzzspeed Member

Also, got to meet up with Kol2000 to see and drive his MX. Its a great ride and he was so gracious to allow us to come over at night and take it for a spin. Might try to meet up again and see it during the day. Always great to meet other car guys, always a very positive experience.

• Like x 1
  11. Uncle Paul

Uncle Paul Member

They usually have a bunch of them at the Mira Mesa Service Facility. Don't know if they will let you crawl around inside, as they are usually already customers cars, but you can certainly check them out, and see how they look in the different colors.

Were about 8 of them there last week.

12. KOL2000

KOL2000 Member

Was nice to meet zzspeed and his wife the other night. Tesla folks are like extended family.

• Like x 1