TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model X independent testing?

Discussion in 'Model X' started by CTemp222, Jan 20, 2016.

Tags:
  1. CTemp222

CTemp222 Member

Just found this video of some guy who has rigged Model X with all sorts of sensors. I wonder who is paying for this, Tesla should of already done their tests... right? Be warned this video has extreme VVS (vertical video syndrome) :(
    Tesla model X test demo vehicle - YouTube
    The description says that "This car was used to do break testing by an independent testing company in Ann Arbor Michigan"

2. pvogel

pvogel Member

Video was linked to yesterday, this is old. The SuperCharger venue was identified and this clearly was filmed in the late summer/early fall using a Model X mule before founder cars 1-6 were delivered on 9/29.

So yes, all this testing was done before production.

Peter+

3. leh22a

leh22a Member

Agreed! Looks very much like a mule. Those look like MS front seats in that second row.

4. CTemp222

CTemp222 Member

Thanks for informing me guys. I've never seen a mule with the correct nose on before!

5. CTemp222

CTemp222 Member

I asked the guy who uploaded the video when he recorded it and he said... Screenshot_2016-01-21-08-07-43.png
    He said he recorded it mid December so could they have already delivered some X's by then?