TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Model X inspired Ford on new Lincoln?

Discussion in 'Model X' started by McHoffa, Mar 24, 2016.

1. McHoffa

McHoffa Member

Those might LOOK like Model X doors, but they're just regular gullwing doors, and they are only for the concept vehicle and won't be on the production model. Meanwhile, Model X owners actually get real, usable vertical opening doors. Expect to see more copying of Tesla from other automakers soon.

The Lincoln Navigator Concept is a massive, luxurious land yacht

[​IMG]

2. madodel

madodel X at the end of a rainbow

I will never understand why they put things on concept cars and then downgrade the actual production. Just showing off something they can't actually build.

3. vandacca

vandacca Active Member

Plain embarrassing. Gull Wings are so last century. You'd think they would design a double-hinge by now.

• Like x 1
  4. aesculus

aesculus Still Trying to Figure this All Out

Without FWD you could find yourself sliding into a parking space that was free on both sides only to come back and be boxed in later. I would love to see a Navigator owner climb in through the back and over all the seats to get to the front so they could move their car.

Without FWD they better have Summon mode. :)

5. madodel

madodel X at the end of a rainbow

I'll bet it has cup holders in the doors and folding seats. But where do you plug it in? :D