Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X insurance question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Vawlkus

Feb 28, 2017
Halifax
Ok, I’m a little annoyed about this, and I’d like some info to go to bat with.

My insurance policy is up for renewal, and I have an issue with my deductable being $4k. Can I get some data samples from other people with Xs and what their deductibles are please. If you want to leave what company you’re with that’d be nice as well.

Who are you with now?

It's tough to comment on which company to go with, because you are in a different province. I deal with insurers everyday (in Ontario) and there is a huge difference between companies in how they pay claims and how much they pay in claims and how they treat their clients.

My experience put Co-Operators and Intact at the top of the list and Aviva, Wawanesa and State Farm/Desjardins at the bottom.

• Informative
Reactions: akidesir
Who are you with now?

It's tough to comment on which company to go with, because you are in a different province. I deal with insurers everyday (in Ontario) and there is a huge difference between companies in how they pay claims and how much they pay in claims and how they treat their clients.

My experience put Co-Operators and Intact at the top of the list and Aviva, Wawanesa and State Farm/Desjardins at the bottom.
How would you rank TD Meloche Monnex on your list?

I'm with RBC / Aviva and had one claim with my Model S and another with another vehicle in the family.

Both claims were handled well and they even went above and beyond when the collision company used for my other vehicle was screwing us around (CarStar - Argentia Rd. Mississauga - stay away).

My Model S costs me a little under $1100 / yr.

I'm with RBC / Aviva and had one claim with my Model S and another with another vehicle in the family.

Both claims were handled well and they even went above and beyond when the collision company used for my other vehicle was screwing us around (CarStar - Argentia Rd. Mississauga - stay away).

My Model S costs me a little under $1100 / yr.
What’s your deductable though?