Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Insurance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nationwide has my cars and house. At first they couldn't add the X because it was > $100k. So theyngot it quoted through Progressive for $1300/6 months. The following day they were able to get underwriting approval from Nationwide to add the X to my existing policy. She expects it to be a lot cheaper but I'll find out the cost on Monday.

This has been mentioned elsewhere, but as a public service reminder...

If you are getting anything other than a "90", make sure to have the insurance company confirm that they are using the correct value of the car. Most insurance companies will resolve the VIN of the car (and hence the value) to be a X90D. The salesperson will see what appears to be a valid quote because the VIN will resolve, but the quote will be based on the wrong value. (Most of their systems don't yet have any info for 75's or 60's) You may need to push a little because the VIN lookup system will appear to be working from the salesperson's viewpoint.

They may need to see a copy of the MVPA to confirm the quote or give you a revised quote.

I just paid State Farm in Colorado $621/6 months on my 90D being delivered today, with
AUTOMOBILE LIABILITY 250/500/100 $194.45
COMPREHENSIVE $1000 DEDUCTIBLE ACV $112.57
FULL GLASS COVERAGE
COLLISION $1000 DEDUCTIBLE ACV $299.19
EMERGENCY ROAD SERVICE $3.85
R1 CAR RENTAL/TRAVEL EXPENSES $25/DAY, $600 MAX $10.69
THEFT PREVENTION FEE $0.50
TOTAL OF 6 MONTH PREMIUM $621.25

I have great health coverage, so declined uninsured motorist and declined the minimum 5K in health insurance...why pay for what I already have elsewhere.

Reactions: MichealW
Got a bunch of quotes this week for my X75D. Geico wanted $1400/6m for 100/300 with 50PD and 1000 deductibles. Been with them 14 years and the same coverage for the 2011 Infiniti QX56 that I traded was $679/6m - less than half.

The best pricing came back from Nationwide: at $745/6m I am covered with 100/300, 100PD, full glass and 1000 deductibles.

Buh-bye Gecko, Nationwide is on my side now.

Gonna price out the home policy with Nationwide later, their pricing seems quite reasonable.

Got a bunch of quotes this week for my X75D. Geico wanted $1400/6m for 100/300 with 50PD and 1000 deductibles. Been with them 14 years and the same coverage for the 2011 Infiniti QX56 that I traded was $679/6m - less than half.

The best pricing came back from Nationwide: at $745/6m I am covered with 100/300, 100PD, full glass and 1000 deductibles.

Buh-bye Gecko, Nationwide is on my side now.

Gonna price out the home policy with Nationwide later, their pricing seems quite reasonable.

Same as me, I was with Geico now I am with Nationwide. The only difference is the amounts. I will with 300/500 and it was only $50 more for 6 months. I recommend uping your amounts.

Thanks, I will price out the higher limits, but I think in my area that may be a bit more than $50/6m to go up to your levels.

Any particular reason why you chose that much liability coverage?

Same as me, I was with Geico now I am with Nationwide. The only difference is the amounts. I will with 300/500 and it was only $50 more for 6 months. I recommend uping your amounts.

I just worked with a few different people from their 1-800 sales number.

They didn't have my exact one in the system either, so they manually entered things like vehicle price, etc. to price the policy out.

Nick Mora was one of the helpful ones. I'll PM you his info.

Good luck!

@Stasla @loganitnx I'm trying to work with Nationwide, but they're claiming it doesn't exist in their system, and are being sort of difficult. Do you mind if I ask who you worked with?