TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model X Interior Design

Discussion in 'Model X: Interior & Exterior' started by rainforest, Mar 8, 2017.

1. drmichaels9

drmichaels9 Member

• Informative x 1
  2. vandacca

vandacca ReActive Member

I doubt they will work, since the link says it only works with Model-S with panoramic or glass roof (doesn't work with standard roof).

I was hoping someone with both an S and X would have been able to verify if it definitely doesn't fit.

3. Jrogville

Jrogville Member

Anything more on the Transitions Drivewear glasses with the Tesla? I checked Costco online and they don't carry them. Must be an in-store only thing.

4. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

#64 boaterva, Apr 17, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2017
    Yeah, there are a lot of differences between online and in-store. Looks like you'll need to find a store. I'm demoing an X this weekend, though, and will definitely try my glasses out then!

5. vandacca

vandacca ReActive Member

Okay, I can confirm that these hooks do in fact work on the FWD. When opening in a tight spot (open up before out), the coat hook just brushes against the vertical door panel. But as far as I can tell, it causes no issues. It doesn't touch at all when opening normally.

Of course, anything on these hooks will likely fall off when opening the FWD, so there is that to consider. A carabiner style would be more appropriate for the FWD.

6. Jrogville

Jrogville Member

I don't know how things have been presented to you at the Tesla store, but if you decide to buy, you should consider buying inventory instead of ordering. You can still get he tax credit and the referral discount.

Before I decided to go the CPO route, I had my Owner's Rep do a search on her system with some basic criteria, like the battery size, seat configuration, the paint color, wheels. In my case, it was the 100D, 5-seater in Midnight Grey. Even looking in just my region, she came up with a lot more choices than what you see on Tesla's Inventory page, or even the TelsaInventory or EV-CPO websites. It's your choice, of course, but it would get you the car a lot sooner than ordering.

And by the way, I don't know if everyone realizes this, but since you already own a Tesla, you can use your own referral code for your purchase.

7. Jrogville

Jrogville Member

Carabiner style? Also, has anyone tried the EVannex hooks that attach to the back of the front row seats?

8. vandacca

vandacca ReActive Member

Yes, a spring-loaded carabiner (to keep hangers from falling out) like the following:
    [​IMG]
    I've tried the suction-type hooks from EVannex and I don't like them at all. I have the glossy seat-backs (with XPel wrap) and they don't stick very well. I much prefer the ones from evhooks.

9. Jrogville

Jrogville Member

Thanks, didn't know what they were called. I use a lot of these at my farm all the time, in all different sizes.

But I guess I'm not understanding how these would work on the FWD, even with the carabiner. I'm assuming they would hook on to the edge of the skylight glass on the FWD? It seems that the hook would be almost upside down with the door full open and just dump everything. Unless you're talking about attaching them to the car center edge of the glass? But then wouldn't they interfere with looking out the back, with coats hanging almost at the center of the car?

10. vandacca

vandacca ReActive Member

That's right, the hook would go in the same location as on a Model-S and would work fine as long as the FWD were closed. As soon as you open the doors, the hook would then be oriented horizontally and your dry cleaning will likely slip off.

Now, if there was a spring-loaded gate added to these hooks (like the carabiner photo above), then the gate would prevent your dry cleaning from falling to the ground. Something Evvanex might be able to offer at some point (hint hint).

11. Jrogville

Jrogville Member

Ok, I get it now. What you meant was that rather than a regular hook, it would be a loop with a spring-loaded opening so that you could release it to take off your hangers. That would work better than the hooks on the back of the seat. And would be a very dramatic presentation when you open the FWD and your clothes swing out to greet you. The after market folks need to think more about the Model X conditions.

You know, it wouldn't even need to be a loop. Since you would be loading the clothes and well as unloading them with the doors open. The hooks need to be designed so they hold the hangers in that condition. Perhaps a 'D' shape open at the top. When the doors close, the hangers move toward the closed end and are more firmly held. In that situation there would be more load on the hooks, so the attachment point to the car would need to be well thought out.

• Like x 1
  12. boaterva

So, I've tried these as promised on a new X and there is no effect through the windshield, IC, or 17" screen. They do the same great job without any classic polarization effects.

13. Jrogville

Jrogville Member

So can you really also wear them at night, or do they mean low light conditions during the day? Do they help with this ghosting issue with the Model X windshield that a lot of people talk about. I don't have my X yet, and my test driving was during the day.

14. boaterva

Haven't seen the ghosting, I'll see if this car has that today. They are really sunglasses so not recommended for night use. They are always dark, not like the normal Transitions where they are clear in 'no sunlight'.

15. boaterva

Didn't notice any ghosting at all in the X we had. It was brand new, VIN 39xxx, made in March, 12 miles when we got it. What else was interesting (more relevant to this thread) is that it has PUP and Black Leather and the leather looked excellent. No signs of wrinkles, or any other fitting problems, like other posts we've seen right off the truck. I'm wondering if we're seeing signs of changes in interiors? Leather looked thicker than some shots I've seen. This was a 6-seater, btw.

Options list: Silver, PUP, Black Leather, Subzero, 20-inch wheels, EAP

TACC and Autosteer worked flawlessly once I turned them on in settings (current software, 17.14.23).