Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Inventory Cars

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There are 6 Model X inventory cars per EV-CPO and 2 per Tesla Inventory List today. Usually there are many more inventory cars available as the quarter comes to a close.

Is this due to the delay in getting "Raven" Model X's and S's into production or is there something else going on related to more significant upgrades that have been in the rumor mill?

There are 6 Model X inventory cars per EV-CPO and 2 per Tesla Inventory List today. Usually there are many more inventory cars available as the quarter comes to a close.

Is this due to the delay in getting "Raven" Model X's and S's into production or is there something else going on related to more significant upgrades that have been in the rumor mill?

I would guess it's the free supercharging. It was once they announced the free supercharging that the inventory started flying off the shelf. I believe it, too, I was at the delivery center the past three days (long story) and the past three days were the busiest three days I've seen. It was jam packed every day.

I looked a couple of weeks ago, and there were 60+ Model X's on EV-CPO site. Now there are only 6. I was negotiating on a X with Ludicrous in Chicago and willing to fly there and drive back to avoid the $2,000 shipping charge. They would/could not give me the Ludi upgrade for free (ended that day). So I ordered a new X with 5000 referral miles of SC and Ludicrous for free just within the May 28th cut-off. It will take (fingers crossed) 13 days from order to delivery on June 11th.

I surmised that Tesla was not willing to discount X's that would be $20,000 more expensive the next day and they most likely thought free SC for life would move buyers. THEY WERE RIGHT!! All of the P100D Ludicrous X's are GONE!! Nearly 50% of the 600+ model S's are also GONE! Only 4 Ludicrous remain -- there were pages of them a week ago. It's gonna be a hell of a quarter on deliveries!! That "dumps" a lot of Inventory car from the 1st quarter..... so much for "Anal-List" lack of demand.

PS -- my delivery noticed said "Deliveries are scheduled for 15 minutes -- please be on time". I'll be standing in the parking lot, Just give me the keys.

Last edited:
I agree, the free SC moved a lot of cars, especially the MXs. There's hardly any left in stock. I was lucky enough to have grabbed an inventory one before the announcement, and added the free SC to my order after but before taken delivery. Prices are now generally $7-8K more than before.

It isn't just the free supercharging, I bought an X long range out of inventory it also says right on the sticker $10,000 price adjustment. So I got free supercharging and $10,000 off of the original sticker price. I felt lucky to get one like I wanted. Almost every time I would click on one it would say no longer available.

It isn't just the free supercharging, I bought an X long range out of inventory it also says right on the sticker $10,000 price adjustment. So I got free supercharging and $10,000 off of the original sticker price. I felt lucky to get one like I wanted. Almost every time I would click on one it would say no longer available.

Yes, the one I was trying to negotiate in Chicago had a 10% discount as well. There were some good deals for inventory/loaner vehicles. Good move on Tesla's part.

So your Monroney Sticker actually says “$10,000 price adjustment”? Not just on your MVPA & DMV form

So your Monroney Sticker actually says “$10,000 price adjustment”? Not just on your MVPA & DMV form

Yes it does. It is the last item right after the destination fee. It looks like the original sticker. They must have redone it. They list the base vehicle and then every option and it's price and then the last item on the window sticker is price adjustment ($10,000) and it is deducted from the total price. It has 3.0 hardware. It has 135 miles on it. This will be my 5th Tesla. I think you got a S100D about the same time I did in March of 2017. They were delayed because they didn't have federal approval to release them at the time, so we had to wait for that. Even though I ordered that car the first day the S100D's were available, it had 105 miles on it when they delivered it. I know they took it to a supercharger to charge it and drove it enough to calibrate the cameras. At least this time I know upfront it has 135 miles on it.

Reactions: boonedocks
Yes it does. It is the last item right after the destination fee. It looks like the original sticker. They must have redone it. They list the base vehicle and then every option and it's price and then the last item on the window sticker is price adjustment ($10,000) and it is deducted from the total price. It has 3.0 hardware. It has 135 miles on it. This will be my 5th Tesla. I think you got a S100D about the same time I did in March of 2017. They were delayed because they didn't have federal approval to release them at the time, so we had to wait for that. Even though I ordered that car the first day the S100D's were available, it had 105 miles on it when they delivered it. I know they took it to a supercharger to charge it and drove it enough to calibrate the cameras. At least this time I know upfront it has 135 miles on it.

I think you got a S100D about the same time I did in March of 2017“

You remember correctly and I pick up my new SP+L today as well.

Thank you for the clarification of the price adjustment labeled.