TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Model X inventory non Premium but some features

Discussion in 'Model X: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by m2s2, Aug 1, 2016.

1. m2s2

m2s2 Member

So I received my Inventory MX non premium. A few minor issues. So far, I am very happy.

Interestingly, although non premium, it has the Hepa filtration. Also it is a 90D but has a retractable spoiler. Not sure if these are common findings

2. long

long Member

Congratulations, m2s2!!! Please share more pictures. BTW, just curiously, how the fit-n-finish looks like?

3. RIZE

RIZE Member

The active spoiler and Hepa were normal back in April? When the first 90D models were built due to production streamlining. However I thought all the active spoilers were already changed to fixed ones in newer models.

4. m2s2

m2s2 Member

Being an inventory model, mine is probably an earlier production which, I guess, explains the hepa and active spoiler. Vin ends in 2880. Not sure where that lands it in production.

Fit and finish pretty good. One tiny scratch on fronk and possible tiny scratch in interior wood. Some noise issues when passenger middle seat moves into 3rd row access mode. Some noise when air suspension rises (they replaced part of air suspension pre delivery). Service will look at issues, but very happy with car. (For first 3 days so far)

I went inventory to save some money, and get car sooner. My old MS was about to break 50k and I wanted to trade in before buying extended warranty.

• Like x 1
  5. bonaire

bonaire Active Member

Then your Vin # is relatively early being 2880. Production started at 1. You are "below 3000". Unless you have a non-zero digit leading the 2880 - such as 12880 which I doubt.

• Informative x 1
  6. m2s2

m2s2 Member

Your correct proceeded by "00" I guess the early production explains the changes from current production
    Thanks for info

7. nctalkinghead

nctalkinghead Member

Look on the frame below the driver's side door - with the door open ;) - you will see a white label that has the build month/year on it.

8. umeshunni

umeshunni Member

My VIN is 22xx and I didn't get the active spoiler (mine was one of the first to come with a fixed spoiler) but I got the HEPA filter and the useless phone holster thing.