Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X inventory?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congrats! What configuration? (Seats & interior color seem to matter most ...)
White on white 7 seater LR+. It seems inventory has a lot of cream and black seats lately. Not so much on the white.

Currently, estimated delivery is 6-10 weeks. I'm really hoping for an inventory car, or my camping trip is going to be either canceled or completely changed...

Reactions: dmurphy
White on white 7 seater LR+. It seems inventory has a lot of cream and black seats lately. Not so much on the white.

Currently, estimated delivery is 6-10 weeks. I'm really hoping for an inventory car, or my camping trip is going to be either canceled or completely changed...

I see you previously owned a 2016 MX. Why did you decide to get a newer Model X?

I am faced with a similar situation on my 2017 MX. I will be test driving a current MX Perf, but I am concerned it does not have enough new tech. I may purchase a MY Perf and wait for the MX to get a new battery/heat pump/interior etc...

Well, the good news is that I found your exact model in inventory ...

The bad news; it's in Honolulu. 2020 Model X | Tesla

If you wanted the 22" wheels (of course you don't - not for range!) - there's one in DC:
2020 Model X | Tesla
and one in Chicago w/ FSD:
2020 Model X | Tesla

Now that said ... maybe chat with Tesla online anyway, or call them. If they can match you with the Honolulu one, there's a chance it's still on the continent; sometimes they list a delivery center long before it actually arrives there.

Good luck and good hunting!!

edit: I've found going to the car's page and pressing "Request a callback" gets me someone quickly. They do like selling cars. I did that to snag our X from inventory back in June ... it said it was in Washington DC but was really in Tennessee somewhere.

Reactions: ohmman
I see you previously owned a 2016 MX. Why did you decide to get a newer Model X?
A desire for more range. We regularly tow a 22' Airstream with ours, and the range on our 90D is down to 235 miles, which equates to about 110 miles with the camper. A new X frees us up to go places a lot more quickly with less stopping.

If I didn't tow the camper or go on month-long road trips as we do, I wouldn't be replacing our existing X. It's perfectly fine for a standard commuter car.

The bad news; it's in Honolulu. 2020 Model X | Tesla
Yeah, that one has been around for a couple of weeks. I've been eyeballing it! Thanks for looking.

Reactions: dmurphy and VikH
A desire for more range. We regularly tow a 22' Airstream with ours, and the range on our 90D is down to 235 miles, which equates to about 110 miles with the camper. A new X frees us up to go places a lot more quickly with less stopping.

If I didn't tow the camper or go on month-long road trips as we do, I wouldn't be replacing our existing X. It's perfectly fine for a standard commuter car.

That makes sense. I can see a big jump in range/efficiency coming from the 90 pack.

Not sure if I will see much coming from an old 100.

Yeah, that one has been around for a couple of weeks. I've been eyeballing it! Thanks for looking.

Someone on the phone should be able to actually trace it for you - I found the "request a callback" link to get me someone quickly instead of fighting "Press 1 for ..." I managed to snag free lifetime supercharging that way in June .... will hold onto that X as long as I can :)

Someone on the phone should be able to actually trace it for you - I found the "request a callback" link to get me someone quickly instead of fighting "Press 1 for ..." I managed to snag free lifetime supercharging that way in June .... will hold onto that X as long as I can :)
Yeah, I have an advisor who has been watching for me. He found one locally on Saturday but it was pre-battery day and I was hoping for the incentive. I feel dumb now, but I made the choice I had to make at the time.

Reactions: DanCar and dmurphy
Yeah, I have an advisor who has been watching for me. He found one locally on Saturday but it was pre-battery day and I was hoping for the incentive. I feel dumb now, but I made the choice I had to make at the time.

Totally makes sense. This may be the first quarter in a long time that we're not seeing *any* demand levers being pulled. Not sure if it's because they've sold out the entire quarters' production plus some, or if it's because they already know the quarter is profitable, or if it doesn't matter as much because the S&P snubbed them... who knows the rationale?

Screen Shot 2020-09-26 at 8.23.01 AM.png

Hey, another end of quarter vehicle for me.. let's see how that works out. :eek:

• Love
View attachment 592447
Hey, another end of quarter vehicle for me.. let's see how that works out. :eek:

Sa-WEET! If that goes according to schedule, does that make your camping trip? And are you transferring the Draw-Tite to the new X? (Assuming yes...) I'm getting closer to ordering one for myself; don't think the rise on the Bosal is enough for what we'll need for the Surveyor.

I have no problem with EOQ vehicles - mine was a 6/29/2020 delivery; worked out just great. Only issue was a loose clip in the B-pillar that made a rattle. Fixed right up with no issue at all. Otherwise, she's got 12k miles and just humming along.

Sa-WEET! If that goes according to schedule, does that make your camping trip? And are you transferring the Draw-Tite to the new X? (Assuming yes...) I'm getting closer to ordering one for myself; don't think the rise on the Bosal is enough for what we'll need for the Surveyor.

I have no problem with EOQ vehicles - mine was a 6/29/2020 delivery; worked out just great. Only issue was a loose clip in the B-pillar that made a rattle. Fixed right up with no issue at all. Otherwise, she's got 12k miles and just humming along.
I have a brand new Draw-Tite that's sitting in my garage waiting. I'll mount that one the day I get the new X. Since the tow bar is also the bumper bar, and I don't have the old Bosal, I can't really move it. My friend that is buying my X wants the Draw-Tite anyway.

And yes, if this schedule holds, we're set for our Utah/Arizona trip! Psyched.

Thanks for your notes about EOQ. My existing X was one of the first large batches produced, and we dealt with a LOT of issues (months in the SC). I'm sure things are much more solid these days.

• Love
I have a brand new Draw-Tite that's sitting in my garage waiting. I'll mount that one the day I get the new X. Since the tow bar is also the bumper bar, and I don't have the old Bosal, I can't really move it. My friend that is buying my X wants the Draw-Tite anyway.

Thanks for your notes about EOQ. My existing X was one of the first large batches produced, and we dealt with a LOT of issues (months in the SC). I'm sure things are much more solid these days.

Really looking forward to hearing about your experience. You're pretty clear in your writing! Thanks.

So happy for you! Glad the Utah/Arizona trip is happening. We missed eastern Utah & all of AZ on our August trip; hopefully next summer. Had to pick and choose to fit the schedule - they drew the short straw.

Would really like to hear about your new Draw-Tite install once you complete it. Specifically anything new or different about mounting on a Raven, and most of all - how you plan to mount the 7-pin connector. That's where I'm struggling. Might have to fabricate something; either 3D print it or get some sheet metal. Just not sure yet...

luck.png

Would really like to hear about your new Draw-Tite install once you complete it.
I’ll add my notes to my existing Draw-Tite thread. I may make a video of the install. Not sure if that’s got any value, though, since the instructions are excellent. Also, I’m not much of a video guy. But maybe.

I’ll likely mount the 7-pin in the same place I did the last one, which was directly to the underbody. It worked really well there.

I picked up my car today. It was a typical Tesla interaction from my personal experience; rushed and half-done. Aside from some issues that Service will need to care for (surprise!), the car is an obvious upgrade over my 90D. It was immediately obvious how much better the ride quality is with Raven. And it's peppier.

Issues:
  • Car was stuck in transport mode, took a bit to get that fixed
  • Nothing was "installed" on the car - floor mats in bags in the frunk, trailer hitch in a bag with its carrying case separate, no screws for license plate, Slacker not configured, etc. As I told my wife, "with Tesla sometimes it's like a build your own vehicle."
  • The temporary tags were affixed with some screws that the delivery staff found. They used two screws on the paper tags, which of course did nothing to keep the tag in place. I heard something behind the car and pulled over to find it dangling by a single screw. I just removed it and drove without it. I'll put the frame in place over it, which should solve that problem.
  • The driver's side door window contacts the frame when it closes, to the point I have some concerns that it may shatter if we close it too hard. The misalignment also means that the window whistles loudly when at speed. It should be a straightforward adjustment, but it won't happen until after we return from our trip, sadly.
  • The passenger side chrome is wonky between the falcon wing door and the front door. Should be an easy adjustment for them.
Overall, not bad, and I've been around long enough to know that's kind of how it can go. And the car is pretty sweet. I averaged 270Wh/mi in mixed driving with highway driving at 80mph. Cool!

I picked up my car today. It was a typical Tesla interaction from my personal experience; rushed and half-done. Aside from some issues that Service will need to care for (surprise!), the car is an obvious upgrade over my 90D. It was immediately obvious how much better the ride quality is with Raven. And it's peppier.

Issues:
  • Car was stuck in transport mode, took a bit to get that fixed
  • Nothing was "installed" on the car - floor mats in bags in the frunk, trailer hitch in a bag with its carrying case separate, no screws for license plate, Slacker not configured, etc. As I told my wife, "with Tesla sometimes it's like a build your own vehicle."
  • The temporary tags were affixed with some screws that the delivery staff found. They used two screws on the paper tags, which of course did nothing to keep the tag in place. I heard something behind the car and pulled over to find it dangling by a single screw. I just removed it and drove without it. I'll put the frame in place over it, which should solve that problem.
  • The driver's side door window contacts the frame when it closes, to the point I have some concerns that it may shatter if we close it too hard. The misalignment also means that the window whistles loudly when at speed. It should be a straightforward adjustment, but it won't happen until after we return from our trip, sadly.
  • The passenger side chrome is wonky between the falcon wing door and the front door. Should be an easy adjustment for them.
Overall, not bad, and I've been around long enough to know that's kind of how it can go. And the car is pretty sweet. I averaged 270Wh/mi in mixed driving with highway driving at 80mph. Cool!

It takes balls to take delivery at EOQ. I’m surprised they still have problems with chrome trim alignment around the windows. My 2017 trim is horrendous, but was acceptable at the time relative to other new cars.