Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X inventory?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I picked up my car today. It was a typical Tesla interaction from my personal experience; rushed and half-done. Aside from some issues that Service will need to care for (surprise!), the car is an obvious upgrade over my 90D. It was immediately obvious how much better the ride quality is with Raven. And it's peppier.

Issues:
  • Car was stuck in transport mode, took a bit to get that fixed
  • Nothing was "installed" on the car - floor mats in bags in the frunk, trailer hitch in a bag with its carrying case separate, no screws for license plate, Slacker not configured, etc. As I told my wife, "with Tesla sometimes it's like a build your own vehicle."
  • The temporary tags were affixed with some screws that the delivery staff found. They used two screws on the paper tags, which of course did nothing to keep the tag in place. I heard something behind the car and pulled over to find it dangling by a single screw. I just removed it and drove without it. I'll put the frame in place over it, which should solve that problem.
  • The driver's side door window contacts the frame when it closes, to the point I have some concerns that it may shatter if we close it too hard. The misalignment also means that the window whistles loudly when at speed. It should be a straightforward adjustment, but it won't happen until after we return from our trip, sadly.
  • The passenger side chrome is wonky between the falcon wing door and the front door. Should be an easy adjustment for them.
Overall, not bad, and I've been around long enough to know that's kind of how it can go. And the car is pretty sweet. I averaged 270Wh/mi in mixed driving with highway driving at 80mph. Cool!

Congratulations!! You’re gonna love the Raven. It’s just an improvement in so many ways... when I was looking, I first started considering a used X, but the Raven is so improved there’s no way ....

Sorry your delivery experience wasn’t perfect. I have to give major kudos to the Paramus NJ center. Both or 3 and X deliveries were great - fully detailed, fully charged, just ready to roll. Only issue as I mentioned was a loose clip in the B pillar. Fixed that quickly and we’re good to go.

Keep us posted on the towing experience with the Raven - really want to see if it feels any different for you. It’s a great vehicle; the better suspension and handling alone are worth it!!

Reactions: ohmman
Congratulations!! You’re gonna love the Raven. It’s just an improvement in so many ways... when I was looking, I first started considering a used X, but the Raven is so improved there’s no way ....

Sorry your delivery experience wasn’t perfect. I have to give major kudos to the Paramus NJ center. Both or 3 and X deliveries were great - fully detailed, fully charged, just ready to roll. Only issue as I mentioned was a loose clip in the B pillar. Fixed that quickly and we’re good to go.

Keep us posted on the towing experience with the Raven - really want to see if it feels any different for you. It’s a great vehicle; the better suspension and handling alone are worth it!!
Other than efficiency and ride feel, what else are noteworthy about Raven comparatively to old ones?

Other than efficiency and ride feel, what else are noteworthy about Raven comparatively to old ones?

I think that's enough but ...

- Seats - this is 100% subjective but I love the newer seats. They also give the 2nd row a little more foot room due to the shape.
- Wireless phone charger - very nice; not a game-changer but nice.
- Newer permanent magnet front motor
- Full one-pedal driving (this is BIG -- I'd really have missed this from my 3.)
- Fully adaptive air suspension
- Full 250kW charging at V3 Superchargers

Really great vehicle... I'm beyond thrilled with it.

Ordered a custom MX on Sept 9
Never got a VIN assigned but got a call from the local service Center my car “matched” and I could pick it up next week.

i asked her went the car was produced and she said Sept 23.

I am in east coast Canada so confused as to how this car would be produce and shipped here within a week and that I was “matched” and not produced

I declined and told them I wanted a car produced in October to avoid end of quarter issues and they were basically disgusted and told me if I didn’t take it it could be Nov or Dec. I stood firm and they reassigned me.

If my car is produced from the factory shouldn’t the VIN show up before I get the call?

Ordered a custom MX on Sept 9
Never got a VIN assigned but got a call from the local service Center my car “matched” and I could pick it up next week.

i asked her went the car was produced and she said Sept 23.

I am in east coast Canada so confused as to how this car would be produce and shipped here within a week and that I was “matched” and not produced

I declined and told them I wanted a car produced in October to avoid end of quarter issues and they were basically disgusted and told me if I didn’t take it it could be Nov or Dec. I stood firm and they reassigned me.

If my car is produced from the factory shouldn’t the VIN show up before I get the call?

Not necessarily. And to be frank - they're probably right. It very well could be November or December.

Personally, I think it's somewhat unreasonable to a) request and b) believe that vehicles built in specific months are better than any others. You rejected a car without having ever seen it. I understand their frustration; they're doing all they can to get you a vehicle as quickly as they can - and without so much as a thought you rejected it. I'd be frustrated if I were them, too.

Reactions: mspohr
Not necessarily. And to be frank - they're probably right. It very well could be November or December.

Personally, I think it's somewhat unreasonable to a) request and b) believe that vehicles built in specific months are better than any others. You rejected a car without having ever seen it. I understand their frustration; they're doing all they can to get you a vehicle as quickly as they can - and without so much as a thought you rejected it. I'd be frustrated if I were them, too.

maybe
But I have a 2016 MX that is a lemon and it’s been impossible to get them to fix the issues .. from windows that don’t close properly to excessive wind noise to doors that won’t open half the time .. I rather increase my odds of getting a car with as few issues as possible

• Informative
Reactions: cusetownusa
@Plan B im holding out too. I have been planning a year end purchase but I’m beginning to get spooked by quality issues and the “shudder”. I read that thread and kinda got freaked out. We bought our S new in 16 and love every second of it. It’s been a great car with minimal warranty work needed. The X seems scary.

The X isn't scary, I love it...had several. As for the shudder issue, that is a valid issue but if you can always drive it before you pay for it or ask service to check the car for it before you pay for it.

And the quality from 2016 to now is way better. I simply cannot find one that I can justify to my self paying $89+ for.

The X isn't scary, I love it...had several. As for the shudder issue, that is a valid issue but if you can always drive it before you pay for it or ask service to check the car for it before you pay for it.

And the quality from 2016 to now is way better. I simply cannot find one that I can justify to my self paying $89+ for.

Yea but it’s my understanding the shudder shows up after 10k+ miles. And they have replaced CV joints but are waiting on engineering to issue fix now. In that thread there’s a good video breakdown of mechanically what the problem is....

I know quality has improved on the X since 2016 but I still would like to buy the $90k+ car with confidence!

Reactions: DanCar
Took delivery of my new inventory Model X long range plus at Devon, PA . Car looked great. Noticed that the plastic cover for the Tow hitch receiver was missing. Have a mobile appointment to get a new one installed.

Great contact less service. Team was great. Traded in my 2018 model S 100 D. Love the Raven Model X. Super excite!

Time to get it front wrapped and ceramic coated:)

Reactions: johnking
Ordered a white on black 7 seater LR+ this past weekend. During completion of the order process, the website offered a 2020 white on white 351-mile range 7 seat LR+ for $1700 less than "sticker" on the 371-mile, I presume 2021, model I ordered, which equates to about a $3200 markdown when you factor in the $1500 white interior "upgrade". Declined as we really don't want the white.

There seem to be more 2020's popping up on inventory, two more just popped up in the past two days within the reach of my STL tesla center.

Yep. My guess is they will be unloading the G packs this quarter.
Hope so. My use doesn’t need the extra range or the fast charging but I wanted all the other little tweaks of the raven updates. Used Raven inventory in my neck of the woods was zero and even used 100D’s were really not much cheaper than new so I just ordered. But if a car that rolled off the line in the last month or so suddenly starts getting $5-10k slashed off the price I’m probably gonna jump on it.