Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Investor Discussion (TSLA)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I could not find any (recent) threads specifically discussing the Model X as and its relevance to the stock price. I think we should have a single thread to keep track of Model X developments.

I mentioned a few weeks ago that I had received an email from someone at my local service centre (Vancouver, BC) who had said that the Model X will be available by Q2 2015 and that test drives will be available by the call of this year.

I spoke with Jerome Guillen who was at the opening of the new Vancouver store on Friday and asked him about this. He said that the Model X will be available "in 1 year" (which is Q2 2015), but scoffed at the idea that test drives will be available this fall. So my local person was 50% right! :) I am going to email him again to ask about this test drive info as he was obviously mistaken. But it was good to hear that there doesn't seem to be anymore anticipated delays in Model X production (I think we can does this off as a potential risk during the upcoming ER).

I should have asked him about the unveiling of the Model X beta model, but didn't get the chance.

Could you move his post? I'd love to quote / comment, but in the right spot

I think discussing Model X as it relates to TSLA is fine here. If there are discussions you'd like to have regarding Model X outside of that, feel free to post in the section Nigel linked. I've updated the title to reflect what discussion should take place here.

I spoke with Jerome Guillen who was at the opening of the new Vancouver store on Friday and asked him about this. He said that the Model X will be available "in 1 year" (which is Q2 2015), but scoffed at the idea that test drives will be available this fall.
To me this sounds like an acknowledgment by Tesla that Model X will slip even more. The last public statement had been "Founders and early Signatures end of 2014, Production in early 2015". This sounds more like "Founders and early Signatures in May 2015" - so that's another 3-4 months slip...
Which is not what the market expects.

To me this sounds like an acknowledgment by Tesla that Model X will slip even more. The last public statement had been "Founders and early Signatures end of 2014, Production in early 2015". This sounds more like "Founders and early Signatures in May 2015" - so that's another 3-4 months slip...

I think the market has already been primed to expect a few months of delays
Charged EVs | Elon Musk: Model X is a harder design problem but worth the wait

Elon Musk said:
It’s damn hard to make an SUV that’s beautiful and yet incredibly functional at the same time. Actually, it’s a harder design problem than the Model S... I really am quite insistent that the production version be superior to anything we’ve demonstrated before...

I think discussing Model X as it relates to TSLA is fine here. If there are discussions you'd like to have regarding Model X outside of that, feel free to post in the section Nigel linked. I've updated the title to reflect what discussion should take place here.

Thanks. I meant it as a discussion related to stock price/movements. Thanks for updating the title to reflect that.

Well, if not May, but another quarter of delay is not impossible. They may deliver 1-10 Signatures in very late Q4, do the rest of the signatures in Q1 and ramp agressively in Q2 after they worked out the issues. I bet those Falcon doors are more problematic than anything else. The last thing we want is durability and quality issues a couple months after deliveres. That would really tank the stock.

Isn't it fair to discuss whether TSLA might be affected, when and how by the possible X unveiling? The D event resulted in a hefty drop in the stock price immediately following news that should be very good for investors longer term.

Isn't it fair to discuss whether TSLA might be affected, when and how by the possible X unveiling? The D event resulted in a hefty drop in the stock price immediately following news that should be very good for investors longer term.

Once the D event was announced TSLA went up because of all the speculation about what the event would entail. Since the first people to get invitations were SigX reservation holders the thought was that it might be the X reveal. After the reveal, while the D news was good, it was not as good as expected and the price of TSLA dropped.

The X reveal will be a positive catalyst for TSLA short term and if the vehicle is as good as many expect, reservations grow and TM continues to produce 50% more vehicle yoy then it will also be a good long term catalyst

[/B]After the reveal, while the D news was good, it was not as good as expected and the price of TSLA dropped.

A 691 horsepower car that does not use any gasoline............we have lost perspective. I'm not a conspiracist, but the oil companies and auto manufacturing companies spend enormous money advertising with almost all media conglomerates. Collectively they have a vested interest in keeping Tesla down. As Tesla Motors continues to succeed, it will become harder and harder to separate signal and noise.

A 691 horsepower car that does not use any gasoline............we have lost perspective. I'm not a conspiracist, but the oil companies and auto manufacturing companies spend enormous money advertising with almost all media conglomerates. Collectively they have a vested interest in keeping Tesla down. As Tesla Motors continues to succeed, it will become harder and harder to separate signal and noise.

No argument from me. Just indicating my feelings on why the TSLA price went up with the 'D' announcement and down after the 'D' reveal. Buy on the rumor, sell on the news seemed to be the situation.

A 691 horsepower car that does not use any gasoline............we have lost perspective.

I would say that the "D" event was great in an unexpected way, rather than not up to expectations.

I was one of those who expected an X Beta reveal at that event. The "D" powertrain demonstration gave me great confidence in Tesla's ability to deliver the X, despite the car not making an appearance there.