TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Model X is home! Initial impressions and Video.

Discussion in 'Model X: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Pjjava34, May 19, 2016.

1. Pjjava34

Pjjava34 Member

#1 Pjjava34, May 19, 2016
    Last edited: May 19, 2016
    We took delivery of our metallic silver 90D on Wednesday here in Atlanta and I've been meaning to post pics and some initial impressions. It turned out to be an incredibly busy day at the office after I took delivery and I've yet to come back to my favorite place to share the goods.
    What I can tell you is it is worth the wait! This thing is amazing!!!

The build quality seems to have improved dramatically on my May 5th build car and I frankly couldn't find much to add to the due bill upon delivery. I feel like this forum has made me far too critical and I was trying to force myself to see something that needed fixing, aligning or adjusting even though there wasn't anything. The few times I've driven it around town for errands have been met with so much excitement and intrigue by passerby's. Someone actually asked me if it was the Model 3.

We had a family of 4 drive past us on on a busy road with both their windows open and the father (driving) and the grown son (in the backseat) taking pictures of our X while in motion.

The Falcon Wing Doors are far from a gimmick and work brilliantly! We have two boys (ages 2 and 4) and putting them in their car seats has always been a complete pain in the butt, but it is now something I look forward to. I think if you have young kids and are thinking about the X, those FWD serve their function incredibly well. It's almost akin to putting your kids into a car seat inside a convertible. There are no obstacles anywhere near you and your child that would impact a simple place in car seat and strap in motion. Of course there are limitations if the sensor fail but the trade off if it doesn't fail is heavenly for you and your child. Our little ones constantly bumped their heads in our previous cars during the process of us tilting them sideways and angleing them in between the roof line and door frame in the already tall car seat position.

Once they are inside, we've noticed they are both in love with the little window above their heads which is the FWD glass top. Our 2 year old is still rear facing and I believe it is the first time the poor guy has ever been able to see anything from his vantage point....clouds, rain, tall buildings he loves it
    I'm uploading a short movie at the moment of our awesome delivery/first experience driving home, auto pilot and all! I will post the link in the morning.

Attached Files:

• Like x 17
    • Informative x 1
  2. Diavel

Diavel Member

Congratulations!!!

What's in the bag and box? Gifts or just for the key fob?

Feel free to post more pics and the gorgeous non-pup white interior. We don't have enough pics of those.

While you're at it, if it's not too troublesome to post pics of the matte obeche against the white leather. :)

Congrats again and hope it stays probably problem free! Hope you got the adjustable spoiler too.

• Like x 1
  3. goneskiian

goneskiian Active Member

Congratulations!

4. systemcrashed

systemcrashed Please Reboot

Great news! May 5 build date, and you got it 2 weeks later, awesome. gives me hope if they get mine built in May to get it next month. Enjoy!

5. loganintx

loganintx Member

How did you know it was the 5th of May? Dee feeeth of May!!!

6. digicool

digicool Member

Congrats pjj. Your car looks awesome. What is the VIN?

7. Pjjava34

Pjjava34 Member

DS informed me and I believe it is also on the side panel of the car along with the vin.

8. Pjjava34

Pjjava34 Member

Thank you! 49XX

9. Pjjava34

Pjjava34 Member

DS informed me and also on side panel of car I believe.

10. Pjjava34

Pjjava34 Member

A nifty large Tesla umbrella, a nice matte black mug with the T logo, and a Tesla "T" pin.

• Like x 1
  11. Pjjava34

Pjjava34 Member

49xx

12. Jon

Jon Member

Great to hear how everything is going. I believe my build date is just a few weeks after yours.

I especially appreciate hearing about the ease of getting kids in. We have four kids all in car seats. Hopefully the third row is as easy to access as the second row seats.

Cheers,

Jon

• Like x 1
  13. X-Man

X-Man Member

Totally appreciate this post. I agree...this forum is getting me to question my order since I've heard so many quality complaints. Thank you for sharing your experience and congrats!!!

• Like x 1
  14. passcore

passcore Member

Great post and pics! Can't wait to pick up mine .. Hopefully in July. I will also be picking up in Atlanta (Marietta actually).

• Like x 1
  15. MattXowner

MattXowner Member

Active or fixed spoiler?

• Like x 1
  16. mhan00

mhan00 Member

You're a lucky man. Beautiful car, even more beautiful wife.

• Like x 2
  17. Pjjava34

Pjjava34 Member

Active!

18. Festerfeet

Festerfeet Member

Looks great in silver, congratulations.

• Like x 1
  19. Sean So Lowe

Sean So Lowe Member

I've been following your video blogs, they are great! Keep em coming!

• Like x 1
  20. Pjjava34

Pjjava34 Member

Thanks Sean!