Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X !! Is it a good choice???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Let's say there are more >500 new MX owners every week. Do you see >500 new posts about MX issues? Forums are bad for gauging quality especially when Bulls and Bears fight.

I'm not downplaying anyone's issues here but, the forum is a bad place to get a real sense of whether you should pull the trigger or not. Typically, there are only enthusiasts and people looking for/reporting solutions to a problem. This, a good sample, does not make. I have been guilty of not returning to a forum once all issues I had were resolved. Few non-enthusiasts will actively look for a forum to report how great the car is, when there are no issues to begin with. Yet, this group makes up the majority of owners/buyers. I am sure the impression I left on forum participants in the past was that there was a problem and I needed help figuring it out, how it was fixed but that there was a problem, nonetheless. I realize that some people on TMC have some serious and significant issues, but Tesla has been good about finding a good resolution, I feel that at this stage in their game it is advantageous to have that relationship with the early adopter, whether it be free active spoiler, ludicrous upgrade, tow hitch...etc. they know there are things they are working to overcome. If I end up with some of these issues, I will try to help Tesla figure out and provide as much info to help resolve it.

I've had my X for 4 months now. Never had a problem with the doors, the windows, or the seats. It's been back to the Service center 3 times. First time because the windshield wiper wasn't working right (fixed in less than a minute), for the 3rd row recall (third row had never been a problem but they replaced it, and also replaced the front quarter panel window seals even though I had no problem with those either), then it was just in because the charge port door kept reporting as open when it was closed. They said the open mechanism was cracked and they replaced that. The past two times they drove a loaner out to me (I'm about 1.5 hours away from the nearest Service Center). The first time I showed up for my service appointment only to find out that it had been made at a different Service Center, but Springfield went out of their way to not only fix my minor problem, but to spend 2 hours going over my X to make sure everything was ok. I've read the horror stories as well but I've never seen anything like that. Not with my X, not with Tesla service.

I was just in Germany for a week and had a decent Opel 4 door sedan, but everytime I drove it I missed my Model X. It was just a car, not my Tesla. If you hate attention then don't buy an X. Random people will come up to you and ask questions and ask to take a picture of your X. Open the Falcon Wing doors and people will flock to see what it is. I can't promise you will have as perfect an experience as I have, but I can promise you that the Model X will be an amazing ride. I look for reasons to drive it (Chinese food takeout tonight, I picked it up ;))
Thank Medodel.
That is a great post raving Tesla. Looks like, you are very happy with Model X. I am hoping the same for mine, when it arrives. Thanks again.

Got my X (VIN 38xx) six days ago and LOVE it! More than a person should ever love am inanimate object My two sons and I fought over who would go pick my husband up at the airport last night LOL. We have had no issues, but knew going in that when you purchase any car in its first year, let alone one with such advanced technology, there is a large potential for problems. I'm confident that Tesla will make things right if that happens.

Reactions: xkwizit and madodel
At 6,000mi I've had many major issues. Issues a car in this price range should not have. So far Tesla has answered all my concerns. There is unlikely another car to be made with the FWD's. It's a fabulous experience to put the wings up and watch the smiles. Insurance is high and warrantee cost after 50,000mi is TBD. It way not be the most practical car for the money but could be the most fun. As long as you understand the pitfalls of your purchase you should be very happy.
IMG_7424.JPG

Reactions: madodel
Thank you everyone, who share their thoughts. I now firmly believe that by the time, I get my model X, it will be a better build. These ongoing glitches will hopefully be resolved. If there are any leftover, I trust Tesla to work hard and resolve those too. Looking at the past Model X owners, despite issues, there are very few owners who are really unhappy. Surprisingly, quite a lot still give Like their model X. That gives me so much satisfaction that I made a right choice by selecting Model X90.