Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X is still Updating ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,
I've had my Model X about a week now. Today I got a "software update available" notification on my phone. I had some time so I went into the car and initiated the update. That was almost 5 hours now.

I've had a Model S for 3 years and never waited so long for the update to complete.

My Tesla app says "Software Update In Progress". The car on the touchscreen says "Checking Status".

Is this normal? Why so long?
thanks in advance,
Steve

Same issue with our S when we were upgraded to 2018.48.1 last Friday. Tried rebooting and it is still stuck. SC said that it is updated and ok but our Tesla App still says update in progress. Tried closing/opening the Tesla app with no luck. SC said to try reinstalling the app but my wife's phone also has the same status. Sounds like the "OK" signal was never sent back to the mother ship.

Connect your vehicle to your home Wi-Fi. Sometimes it can be delayed pending a Wi-Fi connection, or can be a software glitch on the app itself. Restart the app and vehicle itself

Agreed. I even installed another Wifi Access Point next to my garage to ensure my car had great 2.4GHz and 5GHz connectivity. Updates without maps take under 20 minutes. With the maps under an hour.