Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X January 2017 Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Okeydoke - I'll play:

Five minutes ago I got a text saying my Model X P100D is scheduled "for delivery right at the end of January". That's a nice advance from last week's "late March"!

Reactions: SSD420
confirmed mine in October, requested 2017 built. I will not look forward until I see my X enters production, the VIN I got is also a 2016 VIN.

BTW, anyone you have experience on your trade in? Tesla gave me an offer for my S in October, by the time my X is ready they will need to re-appraise my S. I am not comfortable with this process, since my trade in value might be significantly less than what Tesla originally offered to me.

Ordered Model X 90D, white, white 5 seater.

Order placed: 12/06/16 5:02pm
Confirmed: 12/13/16
Assigned VIN: 12/23/2016
Started production: 12/23/16 5:13pm
Completed production: 12/24/16 12:10pm
Could have delivered it before the end of the year!
But we pushed it back after 01/15/2017

Ordered Model X 90D, white, white 5 seater.

Order placed: 12/06/16 5:02pm
Confirmed: 12/13/16
Assigned VIN: 12/23/2016
Started production: 12/23/16 5:13pm
Completed production: 12/24/16 12:10pm
Could have delivered it before the end of the year!
But we pushed it back after 01/15/2017

Congrats! If it's not asking too much, can you give us the first three digits of your VIN?

Model X 75D (coil)

Ordered Feb 26th...
Promised delivery so many times I have lost track... June, July, November, December... and now January.
Production FINALLY started November 25th and was just completed in late December. My Tesla updated to "your vehicle is being prepared for delivery" just yesterday.

My big annoyance with Tesla is they pressed and pressed us to upgrade to the Stupid Air Suspension (SAS) and promised the car would be produced and delivered by years end so that we could take advantage of the $7500 tax credit on our 2016 taxes but at the last minute failed to deliver the car. There was a work around that still allowed us to take advantage of the tax credit on the 2016 taxes but it meant I had to take time out of my schedule to talk with our CPA, our lender and our DS. What a pain in the ass.

I spotted this transport while I was charging at the Buttonwillow Supercharger on December 26...perhaps one of yours is on here? (And am I the only one here disappointed to see Teslas traveling via dino fuel?)
i-Cxp5N6m-X3.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: ggnykk
Model X 75D (coil)

Ordered Feb 26th...
Promised delivery so many times I have lost track... June, July, November, December... and now January.
Production FINALLY started November 25th and was just completed in late December. My Tesla updated to "your vehicle is being prepared for delivery" just yesterday.

My big annoyance with Tesla is they pressed and pressed us to upgrade to the Stupid Air Suspension (SAS) and promised the car would be produced and delivered by years end so that we could take advantage of the $7500 tax credit on our 2016 taxes but at the last minute failed to deliver the car. There was a work around that still allowed us to take advantage of the tax credit on the 2016 taxes but it meant I had to take time out of my schedule to talk with our CPA, our lender and our DS. What a pain in the ass.

What was the cause of the delay? I ordered on Nov 3rd and wanted a Feb 2017 delivery but in the end I got a Late December 2016 delivery instead.