Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X July 2017 update cf. prior

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone confirm the changes that were made/added to the July 2017 update?

1) fog lights were added
2) more power
????

What's your question exactly?

These two are all installed in terms of hardware. They're software limited in terms of operation. Any car built after July 2017 should have them automatically activated. Any inventory car built prior and purchased after July 2017 should have had their firmware updated to activate those features.

What's your question exactly?

These two are all installed in terms of hardware. They're software limited in terms of operation. Any car built after July 2017 should have them automatically activated. Any inventory car built prior and purchased after July 2017 should have had their firmware updated to activate those features.
I’m looking at buying a used 5 seat 75D & trying to figure what the changes were as it’s a July 2017 build

I’m looking at buying a used 5 seat 75D & trying to figure what the changes were as it’s a July 2017 build

If the build date-as stamped on the panel is July 2017, then you are looking at the latest AP2.5 version. Back then the PUP was a stand-alone option, which the fog lights were a part of IIRC. These were also all uncorked from the factory.

Pre-July 2017 models were also uncorked, but not consistently. It depends if the previous owner requested it. As an example; I have a 2016 60D; upgraded to a 75D that’s uncorked. They would not uncork it without the upgrade.

If the build date-as stamped on the panel is July 2017, then you are looking at the latest AP2.5 version. Back then the PUP was a stand-alone option, which the fog lights were a part of IIRC. These were also all uncorked from the factory.

Pre-July 2017 models were also uncorked, but not consistently. It depends if the previous owner requested it. As an example; I have a 2016 60D; upgraded to a 75D that’s uncorked. They would not uncork it without the upgrade.
So the only difference for July 2017 is AP2.5 ?
(That doesn’t really matter if you have AP2.0 because Elon suggested for FSD, AP2.0 hardware will probably need to be updated)
I am aware of the fold flat seats in the 7 seater for July 2017, but I am just referring to the 5 seater

With the Dashcam feature update, seems it was August 2017 for AP2.5