Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X July Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If this adds anything of value to the X delivery conversation...My nephew & his wife ordered a MX 70D 6 seater coil suspension on March 19th in Decatur, GA store after their test drive. At that time, they were given a rough estimate of "mid-late 2016" delivery. Since then they've upgraded to 75 & now to air suspension. Recently they were assigned a DS, who yesterday gave them a July delivery estimate.
Do they have a VIN yet?

Hey folks - This is my first post to TMC. However, I have been reading and following this forum (and pretty much everything Tesla related) since 2012! I finally pulled the trigger and put in an order for my Model X yesterday. Here are the specs:
Model X 90D Black/Black, 6 seat, AP, Weather Package (yes I got the weather package in spite of living in Georgia :) - That was part of the agreement with my wife!). The delivery estimate is for sometime in July. However, reading through the posts here, I am not so sure if they will actually deliver in July.

Congratulations! And welcome!

The delivery was slowed after the first quarter rush, but Tesla have seemed to have found their stride and is now delivering more with higher quality builds. I'm pretty sure that you'll get your X in July/Aug.

Us 75D'ers have been patiently waiting (some of us for years), but we're excited to see more 90Ds into the hands of new owners with much better quality and less issues.

Reactions: beths11 and Diavel
Hey folks - This is my first post to TMC. However, I have been reading and following this forum (and pretty much everything Tesla related) since 2012! I finally pulled the trigger and put in an order for my Model X yesterday. Here are the specs:
Model X 90D Black/Black, 6 seat, AP, Weather Package (yes I got the weather package in spite of living in Georgia :) - That was part of the agreement with my wife!). The delivery estimate is for sometime in July. However, reading through the posts here, I am not so sure if they will actually deliver in July.
Congratulations and welcome!

Welcome!

Blk/blk. Did you get light headliner? Tow package or accessory?

I got the black headline. I am considering upgrading to white leather seats. However, with a two year old, I am not so sure about white seats! I did not get the tow package.

Blk/blk/blk may be too dark inside. That was our first choice but decided to do the white interior. I have a 3 yr old and planning more. Non-pup so non perforated. Elon spoke highly of the white with non perforated for children and it's stain resistant properties and you can get seat protectors or nice seat covers for those times you just don't want to care about it. But it does look glorious with the contrast and black.

At least consider the accessory hitch. If vehicle is packed on a trip with people, you may not have enough space forneveryone's belongings. Ohhhman has an excellent and true argument on future proofing for higher resale value.

Blk/blk/blk may be too dark inside. That was our first choice but decided to do the white interior. I have a 3 yr old and planning more. Non-pup so non perforated. Elon spoke highly of the white with non perforated for children and it's stain resistant properties and you can get seat protectors or nice seat covers for those times you just don't want to care about it. But it does look glorious with the contrast and black.

At least consider the accessory hitch. If vehicle is packed on a trip with people, you may not have enough space forneveryone's belongings. Ohhhman has an excellent and true argument on future proofing for higher resale value.

Thanks @Diavel. I have a few days until the order gets confirmed so I might take a look at the white seats. I was trying to avoid the additional $2.5k but oh well... whats another 2.5% :) I had actually never even considered the accessory hitch as I did not plan on towing anything. However, you have a good point about resale value. I will take a look at the thread that you mentioned.

Thanks @Diavel. I have a few days until the order gets confirmed so I might take a look at the white seats. I was trying to avoid the additional $2.5k but oh well... whats another 2.5% :) I had actually never even considered the accessory hitch as I did not plan on towing anything. However, you have a good point about resale value. I will take a look at the thread that you mentioned.

Note that accessory hitch is different than tow hitch.

Do you guys know if it is possible to install the LED fog lights post delivery? That is the only thing I like in the premium package and I don't want to pay $4.5K for it!

I bet your best bet is to see if it has been done on the S. I know people have done the parking sensors on "classic" S'. Turning on the fog lights on my S is done through the software. Even if the wiring harness is there, it may require a different switch or some form of update through factory if they are ok with it. Browse the S forum and look at historical retrofits if plausible.

If and when you do find out it's viability, please let us know.

I am going to park myself in this thread optimistically until I know otherwise.
Vin 61xx. DS told us production could start mid-May for delivery end of June. He was confident of this despite our skeptisism as it allowed bid quarter builds to be d liveried by end of quarter...
15th of May we called him and asked if/when production might start and he told us it 'could be sometime' and denied saying this, right up to the point I s not him a copy of his message saying exactly that! Whereupon he told us it was a mistake and other orders where confirmed since would be in front of us as they had an earlier reservation number.

Now I believe there are lots of reasons we could be getting a later delivery, production delays due to QS, batches of 75Ds getting made or Wanting to fill orders closer to home (US & Canada) and suggested these but he was insistent that it was insistent it was because of earlier reservations being given priority even if they ordered later. If that is what Tesla is deciding to do, that is fine. It is there order book to build as they think fit. I am more concerned that my DS is just saying this because he doesn't have any idea and wanted to come up with a reason.

What does bother me is that after only two interactions with my DS I now have trouble believing what he has to say. I have a lot of patience for someone delivering unwanted news if it is the truth but I don't handle BS well.

Sorry, needed to get that off my chest. Hoping for July but hey, who knows.

I am going to park myself in this thread optimistically until I know otherwise.
Vin 61xx. DS told us production could start mid-May for delivery end of June. He was confident of this despite our skeptisism as it allowed bid quarter builds to be d liveried by end of quarter...
15th of May we called him and asked if/when production might start and he told us it 'could be sometime' and denied saying this, right up to the point I s not him a copy of his message saying exactly that! Whereupon he told us it was a mistake and other orders where confirmed since would be in front of us as they had an earlier reservation number.

Now I believe there are lots of reasons we could be getting a later delivery, production delays due to QS, batches of 75Ds getting made or Wanting to fill orders closer to home (US & Canada) and suggested these but he was insistent that it was insistent it was because of earlier reservations being given priority even if they ordered later. If that is what Tesla is deciding to do, that is fine. It is there order book to build as they think fit. I am more concerned that my DS is just saying this because he doesn't have any idea and wanted to come up with a reason.

What does bother me is that after only two interactions with my DS I now have trouble believing what he has to say. I have a lot of patience for someone delivering unwanted news if it is the truth but I don't handle BS well.

Sorry, needed to get that off my chest. Hoping for July but hey, who knows.
It is not easy for you to wait here since you are in China.