Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X July Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone. New to the board here. Hopefully this info will be helpful.

I ordered the 75D and was originally told July delivery. I received a call a week ago saying that unless I upgraded to the air suspension, delivery would get pushed back til September. The air suspension was discounted by half.

Anyone else get that call?

Blk/blk/blk may be too dark inside. That was our first choice but decided to do the white interior. I have a 3 yr old and planning more. Non-pup so non perforated. Elon spoke highly of the white with non perforated for children and it's stain resistant properties and you can get seat protectors or nice seat covers for those times you just don't want to care about it. But it does look glorious with the contrast and black.

At least consider the accessory hitch. If vehicle is packed on a trip with people, you may not have enough space forneveryone's belongings. Ohhhman has an excellent and true argument on future proofing for higher resale value.
@Diavel can you point me to this thread about future proofing? TMC has just way too many threads and a not so friendly search function!

@Diavel can you point me to this thread about future proofing? TMC has just way too many threads and a not so friendly search function!

Hard to find as it isn't a thread and more about discussing why getting the two option would be better.

First there is the air suspension requirement and most x orders will probably be 5 seats and most of those won't have the air suspension. If you do not have air suspension then you can get the tow package. That is one reasonably priced option for the multiple added utility it provides.

In essence, most X when it comes to resale will probably benefit from a slightly higher resale value with the tow package which is only $500 more than the accessory hitch.

All I need to do is haul something (jet ski, atv, motorcycle or just moving some stuff and it's already paid for itself as I don't have to rent a truck. You could also ask @ohhhman directly his opinion. I wasn't hard to convince so I got it.

I'm sure @ohmman will chime in here too but I'll share my rationale.

Bottom line is that the Tow Package is pretty cheap insurance for the "Maybe I'll want to tow something in the future" folks. That's why I paid for it. I plan on just using it for a hitch mount bike rack, but thought I might want to tow a small camper, uhaul, or utility trailer in the future. I originally committed (in my mind) to the tow package because the original accessory hitch was only a 1.25" receiver and I wanted the more robust 2" version.

Now we've got Tesla being Tesla and delivering full Tow Packages to those that ordered the Accessory Hitch. Whatever. :rolleyes:

Reactions: WABarb and ohmman
Thanks, @goneskiian, for using my actual tag. Appears I was mentioned a few times but didn't realize.. sorry for that.

I feel pretty ambivalent about most options, and I'm almost always open to being wrong, but I have a lot of confidence that this is a good, cheap option for future proofing. As @goneskiian posted above, the 1.25" would have had a lower carrying capacity, and would have even weight limited a cargo rack. The 2" is a much more flexible accessory hitch, so it's not a bad value. But if you're talking about equivalence, it's the price of a cosmetic trim upgrade which gets you zero utility vs. something that gets you at least the option of a great deal of utility. And I'd argue that the trim upgrade holds zero resale value, while the tow package holds at least some value at resale. So it's probably even cheaper.

Cargo space is limited in the X for fixed size objects. If you have a lot of small or medium sized objects, it's pretty great. But if you have one large item, you're kind of screwed. With a tow package, you can haul very large items on a rental trailer. You can rent a travel trailer for a weekend and take a trip you never thought you would. It opens a lot of doors.

If you're confident those doors aren't ones you'll ever need to open, and the extra cost is a burden, then there's probably little reason to upgrade. But for me, it was the easiest box to check on the configuration page. I value it at $1500-$2000, so it seems a bargain.

Thanks, @goneskiian, for using my actual tag. Appears I was mentioned a few times but didn't realize.. sorry for that.

I feel pretty ambivalent about most options, and I'm almost always open to being wrong, but I have a lot of confidence that this is a good, cheap option for future proofing. As @goneskiian posted above, the 1.25" would have had a lower carrying capacity, and would have even weight limited a cargo rack. The 2" is a much more flexible accessory hitch, so it's not a bad value. But if you're talking about equivalence, it's the price of a cosmetic trim upgrade which gets you zero utility vs. something that gets you at least the option of a great deal of utility. And I'd argue that the trim upgrade holds zero resale value, while the tow package holds at least some value at resale. So it's probably even cheaper.

Cargo space is limited in the X for fixed size objects. If you have a lot of small or medium sized objects, it's pretty great. But if you have one large item, you're kind of screwed. With a tow package, you can haul very large items on a rental trailer. You can rent a travel trailer for a weekend and take a trip you never thought you would. It opens a lot of doors.

If you're confident those doors aren't ones you'll ever need to open, and the extra cost is a burden, then there's probably little reason to upgrade. But for me, it was the easiest box to check on the configuration page. I value it at $1500-$2000, so it seems a bargain.

Oops! I will spell your tag correctly next time I refer to you.

Looks like there was another error I stated that can't be edited. Rather obvious but the tow package can only be chosen of you have air suspension.

Do you really think you'll have your MX in July despite not having a VIN yet? I've been assigned a VIN for my 90D in Miami, and although I've been told I should get it in July I'm wondering if that's wishful thinking. Fingers crossed.
I would add a minimum of 3-4 weeks to whatever optimistic estimate Tesla gave you when you ordered. Production was supposed to be at a 750 Model X/week clip, they aren't producing that rate yet according to the deliveries of lower vins, maybe once they are done catching up you could expect an 8-week turnaround.

I'm slated for a July delivery as well. Wife leaving the country in August and this is going in her name. I guess I'm not receiving the vehicle until September when she gets back.

another option is if I can prepay and get it done? I know I shouldn't be doing this but I don't want my wife to leave for a week and have the X ready at the same time.

Thoughts?

I'm slated for a July delivery as well. Wife leaving the country in August and this is going in her name. I guess I'm not receiving the vehicle until September when she gets back.

another option is if I can prepay and get it done? I know I shouldn't be doing this but I don't want my wife to leave for a week and have the X ready at the same time.

Thoughts?

They didn't even check my ID when I went in for pickup

Thoughts?
You should be able to bring a personal check. Sign her papers with a Power of attorney form. You also could Fedex papers.

• Helpful
Reactions: Diavel
You should be able to bring a personal check. Sign her papers with a Power of attorney form. You also could Fedex papers.

Ahh!!! Love this forum. Didn't think of that and makes absolute sense. Problem should be solved.

Update: spoke to tesla, they said they need a wet signature so tesla will.send me docs to sign and I just come in with signed paperwork and the check. No need for POA.

Last edited: