Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X July Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ah, DuplexDianne, your magic potion was requesting a 7 seater. That moved you to the head of the line, even though your order was for the 75D battery pack, a much less expensive configuration than the 90D battery pack on my order. Given that your reservation # was around 13.5 K, and mine was at around 8.3K, I suspect that the 5 seat configuration is the kiss of doom for early arrival of any Model X. You accelerated right past me, and I live 15 miles from the Tesla factory. Let's hear back from you if your hoped for early July delivery turns out to be true, or gets pushed back by the Tesla production reality line blues. Good luck!
Last I heard late last week was that my X was getting prepped for delivery...Holiday slowed things down, but should be here sometime this week?!! I hear it is one of the first 75D in the Austin area...

My Model X "landed" at my SC last Sunday. I actually got to see and touch it, while I was there picking up a Tesla Wall Connector. There were about 40 other MS and MX on the lot freshly delivered too. I was told by my DS that I'd be contacted pretty soon about scheduling delivery. It's been 7 days. No calls. No updates. Should i be worried that there's something wrong with my car? :oops:

My Model X "landed" at my SC last Sunday. I actually got to see and touch it, while I was there picking up a Tesla Wall Connector. There were about 40 other MS and MX on the lot freshly delivered too. I was told by my DS that I'd be contacted pretty soon about scheduling delivery. It's been 7 days. No calls. No updates. Should i be worried that there's something wrong with my car? :oops:
Hmmm..I better re-word my statement. My car was being readied for transport last week. It is likely enroute. I'm guessing prepped for delivery means being detailed and looked over by the SC....hope that will be this week...so who knows when I will see it depending on what they discover.

They have so many Xs to get through, I suspect that it's a volume issue, not necessarily something with your vehicle. They're going to be swamped for the next few months.

They have so many Xs to get through, I suspect that it's a volume issue, not necessarily something with your vehicle. They're going to be swamped for the next few months.
Hmmm..I better re-word my statement. My car was being readied for transport last week. It is likely enroute. I'm guessing prepped for delivery means being detailed and looked over by the SC....hope that will be this week...so who knows when I will see it depending on what they discover.
DS texted me that my car has indeed arrived onsite...it was in the garage, that's why we didn't see it when we drove by the SC yesterday!

Reactions: BrianD
@Oloron I was told midday yesterday that my X was still at the factory waiting in line for a truck. They said that fewer trucks are going because of the holiday Monday but hopefully either today or Tuesday it will leave. They said estimated arrival of mine is between the 4th and 11th but hopefully this Thursday or Friday. Maybe the same applies to your X. Heard anything? Might be worth seeing what's up because they said something when I called about seeing if they could expedite it.

Our X is still at the factory awaiting transport as of today - apparently not much got done last week that wasn't related to end of quarter factory deliveries. :)

Between transport and final prep at the SC, likely looking at something like the very end of next week. (~15th) They were careful to say they wouldn't really know more until it actually shipped, though. Hope yours managed to sneak out before mine did!

@Oloron I contacted my DS in Dedham (Ryan) very early and asked about the status. He said that the estimated arrival time from transit is anytime from now to the 11th, but says it might be here today or tomorrow due to his estimations. He said it might/should be available Thursday/Friday. I would recommend that you call too and see if yours is on the same truck. If so, a little pushing might mean they will also prep yours for delivery before other people's. Lemme know what they say just in case the truck came in today :)

@Oloron this is so weird, we published posts at the same time and I didn't even see your reply before posting it. Great minds think alike (at the same time) I guess! I'm sorry to hear this, it was strange, at the end of last week they said it was still at the factory but showing delivery between the 4th and 11th. Maybe mine is still there, not too sure. I would think with similar location/paint it would be but who knows. The 1st time I called late last week, they said it "was in transit, let me see if I can get an ETA". Then they looked it up and were like "ah, it says between the 4th and 11th, all they have to do it pick it up from the factory and you're good". So i was like ??? it's still at the factory? That doesn't mean transit. And they said yeah it's still there but will be going soon. Then this latest time they said "yeah it's in transit, still 4th to 11th but probably this Thurs/Fri". So I dont feel too strongly... If you can, could you let me know exactly what they said? We have a trip planned for this weekend so I'm a bit nervous. Thanks! :)

If you can, could you let me know exactly what they said?

I don't remember the exact words, but they said it was still at the factory awaiting pickup. Main thing from them was that they would have more information once it was actually being transported and they had the transportation manifest.

They estimated arrival in Dedham late next week (~13th-15th) with delivery to us a couple days after. I'm supposed to get an update on our trade-in late this week, so I'm assuming I'll get an update on transport, etc. then as well.

I was obviously hoping for sooner (we have a short trip on the 15th that we were hoping to use the X for). That said, I figure I've lived this long without a Tesla, another week or so isn't that big a deal in the grand scheme of things. :)

Most annoying thing is that every time we take the trade-in to a gas station, we keep thinking "maybe this will be the last time we ever have to fill it up!"

p.s. Congrats to @DuplexDianne and @jrichey for getting close to delivery!

Thank you so much @Oloron. If delivery for mine is indeed earlier I will check the lot to see if yours happens to be there. There have been a number of people on these forums which have been told their car will arrive at the SC in 1-2 weeks, but then stopped by the SC for various reasons and seen it in the lot. I believe I recall your exact VIN from a post a while ago, plus the blue will help. If it's not there, then think that it could have finished production later than ours and is probably better quality! :D

I emailed my DS to get an update, and ask if my X was part of the 5,000+ vehicles reported in transit at the end of Q2.

I received this reply:
Rockville MD DS said:
Your Model X did complete production, but was not one of the ones to enter transit. The car should be heading this way later this week and is scheduled to arrive in the next 10-12 days.

The excitement is palpable. I'm wondering now if we'll be part of the surprise arrivals that are happening to our friends in the North and South.

I was told I could come in as early as Thursday but my GF is away and I felt like it would be a slap in the face to her if I didn't wait for her. After all, she is the one who introduced me to Tesla in the first place and "forced" me to take an MS for a test drive several years ago... So Friday it is! I'm so excited!

• Love
Reactions: ModelX