TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model X June Deliveries

Discussion in 'Model X: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by systemcrashed, May 3, 2016.

1. VABarb

VABarb Member

Got email yesterday from my DS... My car is in production.... WoooHoooo!!! Pretty sure that I will wind up with June delivery - 1 wk (if lucky) production 3 wks delivery by rail. That puts me in first week in June. Although - I'd be happy to be 'booted' into the May thread...:rolleyes:. Email didn't say more than that - she will update me as more information is available.

• Like x 2
    • Disagree x 1
  2. llngoc

llngoc Member

A thing that puzzled me is that when you are in the Design Studio, the expected delivery date is still showing as June for 90D and P90D. My DS told me that I can expect a late June/Early July delivery but I really want a June delivery.

3. matblk

matblk Member

A soon-to-be 90D owner over on reddit just got an update form her DS revising the May/June delivery to July/August. [link] I ordered within a day of this person and have not been told of any significant delays...yet.

4. dapao

dapao Member

Same boat. I think they are just using hunger marketing strategy.

5. Mompom

Mompom Member

That's me. :)

6. mep

mep Member

Chicago 6 seater 90D as well with VIN 62xx. So a bit earlier than you I would think.
    I am checking the Grand SC about once a week for new MX arrivals. After a flair of new cars (highest production VIN ~3890) a few weeks ago no new deliveries in the last two weeks.

7. bobinfla

bobinfla S-Vin 4086 Rdstr-Vin 0019

P90D VIN 0840 Confirmed Jan 20th. DS called two weeks back to say going into production last week and expect delivery early June.

8. K-MTG

K-MTG Sunshade Captain of TMC

That is late for such an early VIN! Did you already get your MVPA for the car or have been asked to pay?

9. bobinfla

bobinfla S-Vin 4086 Rdstr-Vin 0019

Yes, there is an MVPA loaded up in my My Tesla page, no, I haven't been asked to pay. When we got our Model S we just handed them a check on the day we picked it up, and I've been assuming it will be the same for the X.

I don't really mind the wait and will be happy that they've had some time to work out all the issues before they got to mine. Besides, I don't really understand how I got such a low VIN, as I didn't actually put my reservation in until 10/2/15.

10. K-MTG

Check the 2nd page of the MVPA it shows an estimated delivery date

11. Crackem

Crackem Member

I don't see a date on my MVPA

Attached Files:

12. K-MTG

Looks like yours didn't update yet

Attached Files:

13. gjunky

gjunky Trifecta: Solar and both cars are EVs

Just heard from my DS. 58xx with June delivery is not in production yet :(
    Was hoping to have it for my June 4th San Diego trip but that seems very unlikely now

14. K-MTG

Did you get your MVPA which list the estimated delivery date?

15. heytae

heytae Member

Is there any truth to the story I've heard that the more expensive orders are getting produced ahead of others? IE: P90DLs getting made before 90Ds, etc.

I'm wondering because I just confirmed our order on May 5 for our P90DL (VIN 7451) and was told that we should have it in June. That seems faster than what others are reporting here, so maybe that's because those aren't the P models??? Or someone's being too optimistic with me. ;)

16. DiveDeep

DiveDeep Member

I suspect you may be right. I got my confirmation and VIN (73xx) on May 4th and was told production in June and delivery in August! 90D air suspension, sub-zero winter pkg, 6 seat, PUP, leather, high amp charger.. UT not so far away to blame shipping for a big delay.

17. ccutrer

ccutrer Active Member

I haven't heard of recent VIN assignments (besides for Canada), so it's possible maxed out cars are still getting priority. I'm a middle priced 90D confirmed in mid April, and I'm realistically expecting a July delivery.

18. ccutrer

ccutrer Active Member

Is Carlos your DS? He's mine, and I suspect he's quite conservative with estimates after the major March delays. Of course, given Tesla Time, it's not without cause.

19. heytae

heytae Member

Wow, that's crazy! I hope it's sooner than that for you.

20. heytae

heytae Member

Wow, I guess there are signs that this is true. Sorry to hear that it's longer for you guys. Despite being a beneficiary of how Tesla is doing it, I'm not sure it's the most fair way. Good luck!

• Helpful x 1