Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X June Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow ... really disappointed to read about your experience particularly the attempt to remove substance from paint.. with tshirt... I would give feedback to manager.. you will be getting a survey... use that opportunity to communicate this. I'm interested in the after market LED's - what and where did you get them. Thx
Just got mine back from full xpel wrap (whole car + seat backs+ door sills). Really looks great and gives me piece of mind about the paint.

I did receive the survey, and I completed it with some level of detail in the notes area. I don't know actually receives or reads the survey, but I hope it gets to the right place.

For the lights, is the full Model X set at this link: Ultra-Bright LED Interior Light Kit (4 Bulbs)

And here for an article referencing them: Upgrading Tesla Model X lighting with Ultra-Bright LEDs

Good to hear this is back in your hands! Still most of a week until I get mine. Besides there film on the outside, and the tint, and seat backs and third row headrest backs, they're going to doorsills, trunk ledge, and see if film protection might help the scratched areas on the dark ash trim. Funnily enough, the place I'm using does do some detail work for Tesla, when they have more deliveries than Tesla can handle they themselved. It was pretty apparent that I wasn't one of the lucky ones there!

Looking forward to getting the car back, and will post photos of the completed job then.

• Helpful
Reactions: XHokie and WABarb
Sorry to hear about the delivery experience... I've had my S for nearly three years and both Rockville and Tyco have been awesome -- Our X was pretty much flawless on the outside... we are officially reporting the 2x vision at night though.

How are you adding the aftermarket sounds ? My wife wants a boat-horn on her X

My husband's S delivery from there last year was fine, and service has always been pleasantly and responsive... Dunno what happened. Maybe just end of quarter rush.

Aftermarket sounds. I believe it's an arduino board, but might be a raspberry pi controller. That is mounted in a box with a speaker attached, and then a cable with push button to activate it will be run to somewhere in inside, where I can reach it. Short press played sound 1, double press plays sound 2, and long press plays sound 3. The sounds are stored on as mp3s on a microsd card, if I recall correctly.

I think we are going to see if the frunk liner comes out without too much ado, and then mount both the speaker and an ez pass transponder behind the nose cone. Unlike the prior style Model S, the nose cone is not designed to be removable on the X.

This project is likely to be done next week. The box is made and everything is tested and works; need to get it mounted.

If more details are wanted, let me know and I will get them as soon as I can!

I am really disappointed in Tesla. I hope that the bad stories we are hearing are the exception and not the rule.

I'm disappointed in their training of customer-facing staff, from how to answer the phone and not randomly giggle, to how to validate a customer's concern, even if it is not immediately resolvable.

I am NOT disappointed in their vision, their vehicles, their sense of humor (blaming hubris for not meeting goals? That's just funny.), etc. Since most of my Tesla interaction is with the car, from here on, and not with questionably trained staff, I feel comfortable with the purchase.

Yes, yes it should! There are a few people at that location who are just great. Friendly, knowledgeable, polite, and a pleasure to work with. Unfortunately, none of them were involved with my delivery.

Sorry to hear about your not so positive experience with delivery. I will also be taking delivery of my X at the TyCo store location probably late July or early August. If you don't mind saying, who was your DS? I haven't heard much from mine yet, but didn't expect to hear anything until sometime in July really. If you don't want to say or would rather direct message, I understand. Any other advice to a future X owner that you would care to share, particularly to the TyCo location or for taking delivery of the X? Curious, did you use the Delivery Checklist that's been posted on TMC?

TIA

Picked up my X this morning from SLC. To my surprise it had a new firmware update from the last 24-48 hours. The FWDs now only open to umbrella mode by default (but only if there's something above?), and you can then open them the rest of the way if you want. Best part - after opening fully, you can save the location to always open fully!

Fit and finish was pretty dang good. Panels all looked aligned fine. After parking in a steep driveway, then going back home it looked off by a millimeter, but went back to normal later. Seals seem fine. There were a few that at first looked a little odd, but upon closer inspection it was the end of a strip or something and it was supposed to be that way. The front triangle windows are great. Seemed much better than @MikeL's April/May X (the only other X that I've had time to inspect that closely). No wind noise at speed. Strangely there were a few marks on the white seats around a seat belt buckle, and one in the headrest area. But it didn't bother since it looked so beautiful otherwise, and I have to be realistic that this thing is gonna take some wear with 4 small children. No paint problems that I could find. It wasn't quite as shiny as it could be since I requested the predelivery detail not include a wax or seal, as I'll be taking it in to get wrapped. They were super nice about that - even offered to have me bring it back in and they'd do it for free if I changed my mind about the wrap, or it wasn't a full wrap.

It had 14 miles on the odometer at delivery, and they had charged it to 100%. I was glad - drove 147 miles today, at much higher than rated Wh/m (so much fun). The car is simply put, amazing. Absolutely amazing. Any one of the features is enough to drop jaws, but you just keep going through one after another. Got some great reactions from family and friends who we had kept it a secret from. First the fact that I got a Tesla (and the confusion about it being an X, not a 3; the latter everyone knows I have a reservation for) brings grins. Then you open the doors and jaws drop. Then they notice the huge windshield and they freak out. Take'em for a drive and accellerate, and they giggle. Demonstrate autopilot with lane changes, and they freak out again. Seriously, today was way better than Christmas since I was a kid. I must say, though - I've only been in P's before, and while the acceleration is still amazing in a regular 90D, I could definitely tell it just didn't have quite as much oomph as a P. Guess I'll be spending more $$$ on my 3 (X is technically the wife's for toting around the family). Also solves my dilemma about getting a larger battery or not with my 3, since it should be required for P.

The doors have been opened and closed a gazillion times today, in every way imaginable. Passenger door didn't want to shut automatically only once, and I think that's cause it was mad that it didn't want to open with my Ford Focus' mirror a tad too close. Other than that they've been flawless. Fits like a glove in the garage. I raised my garage storage several inches last week, and I have about four inches clearance with the doors fully opened on standard suspension height. LOVE the countdown in inches to the front wall when you pull in.

Yes, I got a sunshade, but I don't plan to use it ever. Tint is pretty good; throw on some sunglasses and it's perfect. We originally said we would get the front windows tinted right away, then decide on the rest. Already decided we'll do the rest (besides the windshield), at the same level as the front.

Got the hitch receiver for the tow package; haven't tried it yet. Gonna be a bit before I go fetch my utility trailer to try it out.

Anything else? I didn't know how lane departure warning works (like virtual rumble strips). That was awesome, a definite squeal of delight moment realizing what was going on. Now I just have to survive commuting in my relative piece of junk Focus for probably two years until I get my 3, while my wife drives the kids around in this remarkable piece of the future called a Model X!!!

This post is gushing, and I completely believe every word of it. Awesome.

2) Firmware updates. I picked up the car, and it indicated that it had an update to install. I installed upon arrival home, and the release notes indicated that the update was to change the behavior of the FWDs, and that they would open to one of two positions, depending upon surroundings and that can also be geo dependent. The update also added auto open to the driver's door upon unlocking from the keyfob. All good. Update said it completed successfully. But then the following evening, it showed a firmware update available. I installed, and it gave me the same release notes. I'm not sure if this normal behavior, for an update to sometimes try and install itself twice? It hasn't prompted me since in the app, but I also don't have the car now, so maybe it's because it is not on wifi? I don't know.

Sorry to hear about your not so positive experience with delivery. I will also be taking delivery of my X at the TyCo store location probably late July or early August. If you don't mind saying, who was your DS? I haven't heard much from mine yet, but didn't expect to hear anything until sometime in July really. If you don't want to say or would rather direct message, I understand. Any other advice to a future X owner that you would care to share, particularly to the TyCo location or for taking delivery of the X? Curious, did you use the Delivery Checklist that's been posted on TMC?

TIA

Advice:

1. Check over the registration paperwork! Especially if you're going to claim any tax benefit (section 179 deduction or mileage deduction), it's MUCH easier to submit the correct paperwork in the first placed then to try changing it later.
2. Take another adult with you, to help check over the car and to make sure you don't feel outnumbered.
3. Focus on cosmetic issues, seals, and anything for which you might otherwise be responsible after leaving.
I did use the checklist, at least somewhat. I'm glad I had it with me, at least.

Just got off the phone with my DS here in Seattle. Delivery tentatively scheduled for the 25th. Woohoo! :eek::D:cool:

Might have been able to do it sooner but heading out of town next week and won't be back until the 23rd or 24th. :mad::(

Anyway, I'm happy to finally have an official "delivery month" thread to post in! Nothing like being an "end of quarter" rush delivery! :eek::rolleyes:;)

Update! Call this afternoon from DS in Seattle that my X is out of production and on it's way. Delivery could be as early as next Friday (the 17th). Of course I'm leaving town Tuesday and won't be back until the end of the following week. :eek::(
Didn't end up takng delivery yesterday. Too much going on this weekend. Will pick it up tomorrow though. Getting pretty excited.

Congrats to all the many June deliveries! Sorry to hear about the not so great experiences.

Looking forward to NOT contributing to the "issues" threads, and definitely contributing to the other fun threads.

Cheers!

Reactions: Diavel
Didn't end up takng delivery yesterday. Too much going on this weekend. Will pick it up tomorrow though. Getting pretty excited.

Congrats to all the many June deliveries! Sorry to hear about the not so great experiences.

Looking forward to NOT contributing to the "issues" threads, and definitely contributing to the other fun threads.

Cheers!

I see everyone in line with me a couple of months back almost getting their X's. We're almost there people. Hopefully I get mine by this month like stated. Otherwise, I will be living vicariously through you all until the factory queues up again after the 5th.

Reactions: WABarb and mlouie23
Took delivery today. No issues noted with the car. Firmware 2.24.30 so expect an update in next while.

Stuff with the car: Sunshade. Hitch is now in a fitted canvas case with Tesla branding and a handle. Pigtail for brake controller. Front plate mount. UMC bag with 6-15, 14-50, and J1772 adapters. QuickStart guide. Cup holder inserts, phone charger inserts. Towing eye.

Swag: two Tesla ballpoints - really heavy nice ones. Tesla umbrella. Two Tesla lapel pins. Black Tesla T mug. Heavy paper gift bag. No fob pockets.

Impressions: doors seem to be working well. More power than my 2013 S85 is noticeable. More stable than the single motor S. Better front visibility. Rear visibility marginal, not because of the seat (mine has no middle seat and I keep row 3 folded) but the tinting of the rear glass and the narrowing top to bottom makes it seem both dim in the mirror and narrow in the vertical. I have no concern about the fixed spoiler as it is much thinner than, for example, a Prius'. Subwoofer on premium sound system is plenty powerful.

I can't yet figure out the phone charger install, but am sure I will find a video or something.

About reflections in front window. Yes in certain lighting there is visible reflection of the grill, not mitigated by seating position. I'm not bothered by it. Also, the A pillar and HVAC vents reflect on the side, which is also true in the Model S. Black headliner reduces the A pillar reflection to nearly nil.

Took delivery today. No issues noted with the car. Firmware 2.24.30 so expect an update in next while.

Stuff with the car: Sunshade. Hitch is now in a fitted canvas case with Tesla branding and a handle. Pigtail for brake controller. Front plate mount. UMC bag with 6-15, 14-50, and J1772 adapters. QuickStart guide. Cup holder inserts, phone charger inserts. Towing eye.

Swag: two Tesla ballpoints - really heavy nice ones. Tesla umbrella. Two Tesla lapel pins. Black Tesla T mug. Heavy paper gift bag. No fob pockets.

Impressions: doors seem to be working well. More power than my 2013 S85 is noticeable. More stable than the single motor S. Better front visibility. Rear visibility marginal, not because of the seat (mine has no middle seat and I keep row 3 folded) but the tinting of the rear glass and the narrowing top to bottom makes it seem both dim in the mirror and narrow in the vertical. I have no concern about the fixed spoiler as it is much thinner than, for example, a Prius'. Subwoofer on premium sound system is plenty powerful.

I can't yet figure out the phone charger install, but am sure I will find a video or something.

About reflections in front window. Yes in certain lighting there is visible reflection of the grill, not mitigated by seating position. I'm not bothered by it. Also, the A pillar and HVAC vents reflect on the side, which is also true in the Model S. Black headliner reduces the A pillar reflection to nearly nil.

Try this link for the iphone adaptor installation:

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...?key=S3hXTi1US0RJVkp5elU4M2o1MGhKaGRkNDY0U3JR

It is kinda a pain to get the wire fish through though but it should be just a 10 minutes job, max.

• Helpful
Reactions: matblk