Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X June Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One week prior to delivery date, in my case this is still unknown. But I didn't want to have my credit checked again. The reason I am skeptical is that those higher VINs are on the west coast and may actually be put ahead of east coast orders with lower VINs due to their proximity to the factory. I would love to be wrong about this.

Interesting thought. I'm VIN 80xx and am indeed on the west coast. Also been a reservation holder for 2+ years but not sure how much this matters. Still, end of June delivery seems quick to me.

I just got off the phone with my DS! He actually called me back after sending him a few emails over the passed couple of days...

He said:
My 90D vin 76XX, is scheduled to go into production the week of the June 6th. That could shift or move but they seem to be on track right now with their current Model X plan.

The current estimated delivery is sometime between the end of June and July.

As most of you noted, he was very hesitant to give me actual dates and reiterated that timelines can change. He also said not to use MyTesla as any sort of guideline, as it's not really being updated.

He also noted about Elon Musk's recent tweet about correcting the Canadian pricing that is currently lower for new customers than those of us who reserved well in advnsce. Although he doesn't know exactly when it will be done, he assured me, especially since Musk publicly stated it, that it will happen soon. And once he knows any information he will promptly update me.

And update for those worried about a production delay. Called my DS today and my car is still on track for production to begin end of May (he was careful not to state a specific date), but Fremont had said the 23rd to me a couple weeks ago. Looking at an end of June delivery. Not sure if they will push me to Q2, if the logistics doesn't work for them getting it to FL in time. That would be my only concern.

How did you get info from Freemont? What number did you call. My DS is not very responsive and I tried calling Tesla (corporate number) and was told talk to my DS - even after I said I could not get info out of my DS... Last time I talked to her - she was laughing so much (at something going on in the office) that she could hardly talk to me- no apology/explanation..just rude.. not feeling the love. :( Waiting for them to weed out underperforming DS.. A post delivery DS survey would help Tesla - could differentiate lack of info / Tesla specific problems vs poor customer service DS. Also could point out which DS were able to overcome lack of Tesla info.

How did you get info from Freemont? What number did you call. My DS is not very responsive and I tried calling Tesla (corporate number) and was told talk to my DS - even after I said I could not get info out of my DS... Last time I talked to her - she was laughing so much (at something going on in the office) that she could hardly talk to me- no apology/explanation..just rude.. not feeling the love. :( Waiting for them to weed out underperforming DS.. A post delivery DS survey would help Tesla - could differentiate lack of info / Tesla specific problems vs poor customer service DS. Also could point out which DS were able to overcome lack of Tesla info.
I just called the corporate number, ended up talking to a representative named Nick, he was actually very helpful and forthcoming with info regarding seat recalls, delays, etc. He was the one who initiated the MVPA process through my DS, next day had a call from my DS telling me MVPA will be ready shortly. Must have been a supervisor? I have no idea anymore, none of this process makes any sense to me, so I have stopped trying to piece together a predictive pattern of any value.

• Informative
Reactions: WABarb
The source code in my tesla page has a BUILD_TAG_rc_201605052007, does that mean that my MX90D was birthed on 05/05/16? I would like to know when Tess was born. This would make sense since my DS states that my ETA is around June 22nd. Does anyone have a build tag similar to mine at this point?

The source code in my tesla page has a BUILD_TAG_rc_201605052007, does that mean that my MX90D was birthed on 05/05/16? I would like to know when Tess was born. This would make sense since my DS states that my ETA is around June 22nd. Does anyone have a build tag similar to mine at this point?
That's likely the tag for when the code running the website was built.

Reluctantly, I'm coming to the realization that the June deliveries thread is where I need to be. My MX entered production in late March, but has been in "waiting for transit" mode in Fremont for four weeks and counting, with no estimate in sight for when it might start its train trip to New Jersey, and then by truck to Massachusetts.

Is it typical for there to be such a long time between completing production and transport? Or does this suggest that there might have been quality problems and rework required? I'm all for getting it right, but the four-week delay at the factory has me concerned.

No additional updates from our DS so am still assuming ours will still start production at the end of May with an end of June delivery. That being said, I was checking the source as well and wondered if anyone saw a different 'First Available' date in the delivery section and/or if really means anything given there are dates through November listed:

<p class="section-description hidden">Pickup options are not available now.</p></div><div class="column last"><fieldset class="pickup-date pickup hidden form-wrapper" id="edit-pdd-date-fieldset"><div class="fieldset-wrapper"><h4 class="section-sub-header">Preferred Delivery</h4><div class="hidden"><div class="form-item form-type-select form-item-date-dropdown">
<span class="form-select-overlay"><select id="edit-date-dropdown" name="date_dropdown" class="form-select"><option value="2016-06-06|first-available">First Available</option><option value="2016-06-06">June</option><option value="2016-07-01">July</option><option value="2016-08-01">August</option><option value="2016-09-01">September</option><option value="2016-10-01">October</option><option value="2016-11-01">November</option></select></span>
</div>

VABarb, I think you and I have the same DS (Jessie out of Tyco?). I know she was out of the office for a few days, post an auto reply to an email I sent. She did recently send an email to me indicating that my X should enter production at the end of May or early June, for delivery on late June. She seems to be most responsive to very short emails, with no more than 1-2 questions in them. Hope that may help? Good luck...

• Informative
Reactions: WABarb
This was in my source code. Several Dates listed...

<span class="form-select-overlay"><select id="edit-date-dropdown" name="date_dropdown" class="form-select"><option value="2016-06-06|first-available" selected="selected">First Available</option><option value="2016-06-06">June</option><option value="2016-07-01">July</option><option value="2016-08-01">August</option><option value="2016-09-01">September</option><option value="2016-10-01">October</option><option value="2016-11-01">November</option></select></span>

Really hoping they pick the first "option" :p

This was in my source code. Several Dates listed...

<span class="form-select-overlay"><select id="edit-date-dropdown" name="date_dropdown" class="form-select"><option value="2016-06-06|first-available" selected="selected">First Available</option><option value="2016-06-06">June</option><option value="2016-07-01">July</option><option value="2016-08-01">August</option><option value="2016-09-01">September</option><option value="2016-10-01">October</option><option value="2016-11-01">November</option></select></span>

Really hoping they pick the first "option" :p

So yours is identical to mine which makes me think they have no meaning (though our VIN's are close... ours is 6279). guess we will know the real date when it actually occurs. ;)

The source code refers to the design studio and is meaningless. See the word dropdown in the code. It's when you order a new one and select delivery preference. It was discussed in another thread. I'm a 75D and sadly need to wait for the July thread :(