Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X June Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Stopped by the service center on a whim tonight to see what vehicles were being delivered and guess what? Mine was there!!

So excited. It looks amazing. I can't wait to get behind the wheel.

Quick question to the group as I don't have a great eye for detail, do the doors look misaligned to you? Worth mentioning or not?
They are misaligned at the handle for sure. I'm not sure many are made without this problem. I would focus more on the bottom of the door alignment. If the rear FWD door sticks out much it will be hit by road debris and chip. Anything over 1/8" would make me not happy. The problem is it's basically a take it or leave it situation. As far as I know the only fix is body work and repaint. In the picture you can see a chip at the edge already.

Attachments

• ard.jpg
    ard.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 100
Well, here I am now in June delivery. Looks like my hopes of delivery in May are crushed today. Even though my X has been sitting at the service center in NJ since at least May 20th, it seems no closer to being ready for delivery. My update today was that they are waiting on parts. It could be one part, it could be 100's, no details available. Also evidently what they are waiting for may not come too quickly as it's a supplier issue. Or maybe it will. They are just not able to say. I can not get over my disappointment. This is compounded by the lack of concrete information to base my expectations. So close.....and yet so far. I post this as a cautionary tale for others. Don't think that just because your car is through production and then transported across the country and with your delivery team, that it means your delivery is imminent. You just never know.....

Well, here I am now in June delivery. Looks like my hopes of delivery in May are crushed today. Even though my X has been sitting at the service center in NJ since at least May 20th, it seems no closer to being ready for delivery. My update today was that they are waiting on parts. It could be one part, it could be 100's, no details available. Also evidently what they are waiting for may not come too quickly as it's a supplier issue. Or maybe it will. They are just not able to say. I can not get over my disappointment. This is compounded by the lack of concrete information to base my expectations. So close.....and yet so far. I post this as a cautionary tale for others. Don't think that just because your car is through production and then transported across the country and with your delivery team, that it means your delivery is imminent. You just never know.....
did you ask if taking delivery, and then bringing it back in when parts arrived was an option? Not advisable, but maybe its an option.

service center indicated they can fix this. If yours is misaligned, I'd definitely talk to your service center. Not sure how long it will take or the final quality, but to me it's worth a few days if they can improve it.

They are misaligned at the handle for sure. I'm not sure many are made without this problem. I would focus more on the bottom of the door alignment. If the rear FWD door sticks out much it will be hit by road debris and chip. Anything over 1/8" would make me not happy. The problem is it's basically a take it or leave it situation. As far as I know the only fix is body work and repaint. In the picture you can see a chip at the edge already.

So I am Maryland waiting for VIN 42XX, 90D, Premium, 7 seat, loaded. Was told it entered production May 9, and was finished on May 23. As of today, however, it still has not entered transit according to my DS. He says I am still on track for a June delivery. The website continues to simply say the car is confirmed and in the production queue, however. What's up with that?

Got a confirmation from DS that my end of production will be this week. 3rd/4th week of June looking solid.
Vin 55XX, 90D, pearl white, 7 seater ultra white, 22" blk onyx wheels, PUP, tow.
Going to Georgia/N. Florida
We might be on the same truck/train car. I just got confirmation that my MX is in QC, and will hopefully be delivered by the end of June to the Nashville, TN, area. 90D, VIN 46XX.

Last edited:
My DS called me today (first time she has initiated contact) to let me know my X entered production today. VIN 55xx, going to VA. She said we are on track for a late June or early July delivery, but will know more when production finishes. She didn't know if rail or truck would be the transport method.

So I am Maryland waiting for VIN 42XX, 90D, Premium, 7 seat, loaded. Was told it entered production May 9, and was finished on May 23. As of today, however, it still has not entered transit according to my DS. He says I am still on track for a June delivery. The website continues to simply say the car is confirmed and in the production queue, however. What's up with that?

Hey @kennybroh Welcome! I have similar status. I'm in Richmond Va and will be picking up X at TYCO. Mine had similar production start and end dates (see my signature line below). Tesla is shipping by rail now and it could take up to 3 weeks to transport to east coast. don't rely on the website. The website is not updated and your DS is the best source of info. (there are several threads that talk about this). For a discussion on this... see this link:
"Factory Gate Routing" -- What Does it Really Mean?

My DS called me today (first time she has initiated contact) to let me know my X entered production today. VIN 55xx, going to VA. She said we are on track for a late June or early July delivery, but will know more when production finishes. She didn't know if rail or truck would be the transport method.
Welcome! @F123456 see response above to @kennybroh Hope this helps.:)

Thanks, @VABarb. I'm happy Jessie initiated contact this time! Do you have a date for your pickup?
No problem... I don't have any date other than mid to late June that Jessie said in last email. Oh well.. got my garage modified (raised door and installed jackshaft 8500), installed nema 14-50 outlet, and now I'm investigating xpel installers... If I don't get the X soon - I'll have spent more money than the car costs... waiting for it!!!:Do_O

I'm attempting to do something similar. I haven't had the garage door company come out yet to tell me what they offer. My question is that my current opener works at 2x speed on OPEN and 1x speed on CLOSE. Open = 7 seconds, Close = 14 seconds. Will these side mounts be able to open the door as fast as my current one? I don't want to wait 14 seconds!!! #FirstWorldProblems

• Funny
Reactions: WABarb
I'm attempting to do something similar. I haven't had the garage door company come out yet to tell me what they offer. My question is that my current opener works at 2x speed on OPEN and 1x speed on CLOSE. Open = 7 seconds, Close = 14 seconds. Will these side mounts be able to open the door as fast as my current one? I don't want to wait 14 seconds!!! #FirstWorldProblems

I wonder how people parked their Tesla's in the garage before electronic garage door openers were invented