Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X June Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My DS has been dodgy about giving me an exact production date, but has started nailing me down on financing, and says he'll generate my MVPA within a week, and I should apply for financing next week. Expect late June/early July delivery. Can't say as I blame him for managing expectations given the X's history, but it sure feels like they're going to be delivering a lot of X's over the next few weeks to meet Q2 numbers, and I'll be one of them.

Just got my P90DL (6 seater) on Saturday in St. Louis. Vin 51XX. I have to say, it exceeds my expectations. Ordered in at the beginning of March and was slated for late April-May. My DS said back then it would come the first week of June and he was right. The delivery took a couple of weeks because they have to fill up a train to deliver to the Midwest, then unload the train and figure out the logistics to get it to the local SC. Mine sat for 5 days in the train yard awaiting the carrier to bring it from Joliet, IL (outside Chicago) to St. Louis. Turnaround was only 1.5 days to inspect and prep it for delivery. It was mostly issue free - just some small items like molding gaps, a scratched center console (they are replacing it), etc. Drove flawlessly and is a thrill. Sending it for a clear bra and OptiCoat tomorrow and then I'll be brave enough to take it out in the wild.
IMG_7219-2.JPG FullSizeRender-17.jpg

Reactions: W84M3
The delivery took a couple of weeks because they have to fill up a train to deliver to the Midwest, then unload the train and figure out the logistics to get it to the local SC. Mine sat for 5 days in the train yard awaiting the carrier to bring it from Joliet, IL (outside Chicago) to St. Louis. Turnaround was only 1.5 days to inspect and prep it for delivery.
View attachment 179745 View attachment 179746

Congrats on your delivery, curious where/how you were able to get specific info on the transit from CA?

Just got my P90DL (6 seater) on Saturday in St. Louis. Vin 51XX. I have to say, it exceeds my expectations. Ordered in at the beginning of March and was slated for late April-May. My DS said back then it would come the first week of June and he was right. The delivery took a couple of weeks because they have to fill up a train to deliver to the Midwest, then unload the train and figure out the logistics to get it to the local SC. Mine sat for 5 days in the train yard awaiting the carrier to bring it from Joliet, IL (outside Chicago) to St. Louis. Turnaround was only 1.5 days to inspect and prep it for delivery. It was mostly issue free - just some small items like molding gaps, a scratched center console (they are replacing it), etc. Drove flawlessly and is a thrill. Sending it for a clear bra and OptiCoat tomorrow and then I'll be brave enough to take it out in the wild.
Welcome to the club and congrats on the X. Where are you having the Clear Bra and OptiCoat done? Congrats again!

I was in the July delivery group but just got moved up according to the email from my DM this morning copied below

"You were feeling the vibes because your Tesla went into production and was completed in less than a week! Too soon for me to even take notice! It will be in transit soon and has an estimated arrival time sometime next week. Once it arrives, our service team will do a Pre Delivery Inspection to ensure all is good & we can schedule a definite delivery date and time!

So we can shoot for a potential delivery next week sometime. I will let you know once it arrives."

X90d white with white interior vin 7054 location pa confirmed 4/26/16

Let's hope he is right

Reactions: goneskiian
My X90D was reserved January 2015; Ordered 1/5/16; Confirmed 1/12/16; Production completed 5/2/16; Arrived in Decatur, Atlanta over Memorial Day weekend via rail. I ordered a Midnight Silver with Ultra White interior, 6 Seats with all options.

I spoke with my DS (Zach) today. He told me that the inspectors are replacing some seals. They've ordered them and supposedly they are either here or almost here. Hopefully, I'll take delivery later this week.

Fingers crossed!

Reactions: omega731
Beautiful!!

My X90D was reserved January 2015; Ordered 1/5/16; Confirmed 1/12/16; Production completed 5/2/16; Arrived in Decatur, Atlanta over Memorial Day weekend via rail. I ordered a Midnight Silver with Ultra White interior, 6 Seats with all options.

I spoke with my DS (Zach) today. He told me that the inspectors are replacing some seals. They've ordered them and supposedly they are either here or almost here. Hopefully, I'll take delivery later this week.

Fingers crossed!

CONGRATS ENJOY! Make sure to post pictures for us!

Based on the Vin numbers being noted I’m getting the impression that Model X is significantly behind the stated production goals.
  • Tesla reported 750 units/wk by end of March
  • Musk mentioned Model rate to be 1000/wk by end of Q2
If these goals were being met Vin # 12000 would be scheduled for delivery in the month of June.
This is certainly not the case!

Welcome!
Would love to understand your math.
These forums do not represent all Model X owners.
As another pointed out - not a lot of forum activity from non US orders/status.

If you are an EV owner or Tesla owner pls share info with us... If you have an order what are your order dates/ vin or other Tesla model info?

Good news! DS called this afternoon saying my car arrived over the weekend and passed all the pre-delivery inspections. It is ready to be picked up. I have a delivery appointment for Wed afternoon.

From what I gathered:

- The car was transported to Boston by truck, no train as some have suggested.
- The pre-delivery inspection was done today and, according to the DS, no issues were identified on their "extensive pre-delivery check up" (we shall see). He said the cars being shipped recently are of a higher build quality than earlier units. I mentioned to him all the horror stories on the online forums and he said he is aware of them. I am keeping my fingers crossed that he is actually being honest.
- He sais their delivery schedule is pretty packed for the week, so they must have received a batch of Xs. Has anyone else from the area received the call?

Reactions: WABarb
@logan, that is great news, I have no new news on my 55XX coming to Tx so clearly not on your schedule. Please keep us posted on your delivery.
Another update. It's being delivered tomorrow at 5pm! They had accidentally double booked my delivery and my DS has been slammed with so many deliveries that she will be staying after hours to get my X to me. Very happy to have a DS that goes above and beyond! I will have the car for about 2 days and will drop it off on Friday morning for Suntek PPF, window tint and Opticoat Pro install.
Now if only I had an HPWC connected with power ;)
I have my HPWC installed via a sub-meter but there's no meter in my sub-meter since I'm doing with the brand new Austin Energy EV360 program which charges a flat rate of $30/month for unlimited charging outside of the hours of 2pm-7pm M-F. Very good deal by my math. However, since i'm one of about 6 people in Austin trying to get this done the program isn't fully ready and they won't have the necessary meter in place till July/August. Electrician will come back out to put a dummy jumper thingy in the sub-meter to complete the circuit and I'll just pay the ~$.12kWh for the time being.