Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X June Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, I too got some random, though interesting news today. My DS replied to my email inquiry from last week (I try to not overly bug the guy).

Car was ordered end of April and confirmed on May 4th (74XX). I was initially told production was expected to start end-ish May for an end of June-ish delivery.

DS told me today car is out of production and is going through final inspections/track testing and will be ready by this weekend for delivery. Sucky timing as I'm out of town for the week, so this will have to wait a few more days.

Model X P90D, Deep Blue Metallic, 22" Onyx Black, Black Leather Seats, Black HL, 6 Seat, AP, PUP, Air Suspension, vin 74xx. Confirmed 5/04 - SF Bay Area

New poster here, hoping for some advice, insight, and/or commiseration regarding my upcoming X delivery.

As a newbie, I can't edit my signature yet, but here's the relevant info:

X 90D | Deep Blue Metallic | 20" Silver | Tan 7 Seats | Figured Ash | Sub Zero | Auto Pilot | Air | UHFS |
Reserved: 9/2013 | Confirmed: 12/30/2015 | VIN: 50XX

Brief timeline:
Placed reservation 9/3/13. Placed order 12/23/15. Order confirmed 12/30/15. Vin number is 50XX.

At the end of March, we received an email saying the car was going into production at the end of March. On 4/19, we received an email saying the car was finishing final assembly in California and would then be awaiting transport from CA to Paramus, NJ.

On 5/20, we received an email saying the car had arrived in NJ and awaiting the final inspection. We were asked at this time to provide Proof of Insurance, etc. Our DS indicated he expected us to take delivery somewhere between May 25-27.

On 5/24, we received an email from our DS saying that the car had failed the inspection and parts were ordered on 5/21 and he would keep us updated as to the status.

We were so excited about the car that on 5/25 in the evening, we decided to drive over to the service center lot and see if we could find our car. It was the first blue X we looked at! (There were a lot of blue Xs on the lot, which bolstered a theory that they were batching paint colors. Anyway...)

There didn't appear to anything wrong on the outside, but looking inside, we saw this.

5htuo0f0v

Obviously the interior driver's door panel has been removed, and you can see the diagnostic equipment in the center...

This was a little surprising to us, and we were anxious and interested to hear what was going on. Our DS has indicated he would get back to us after the holiday weekend, but he did not. We finally called him and he replied on 6/3. He explained that there was a creaking sound when the car was being driven which is why it failed inspection. They did not carry the part needed to fix it on hand and said the problem had been escalated to Fremont. Fremont was aware the part was what was holding up delivery and was supposed to expedite it. Our DS promised to get back to us on 6/6 or 6/7 at the latest. I called him after 5 p.m. today (6/7) and got a status update, which is basically that there is no update. They are still waiting on parts with no update as to when they might become available. DS promised to call us by 6/9.

Anyone have a similar story or any advice? Any thoughts on what may be wrong with the door? It is frustrating for me that they really have no ETA, and I don't think communication has been very forthcoming or timely. I realize I've been waiting for this car for years, so what's a few weeks more, but it's almost worse to have it so close and yet so far...

So, I too got some random, though interesting news today. My DS replied to my email inquiry from last week (I try to not overly bug the guy).

Car was ordered end of April and confirmed on May 4th (74XX). I was initially told production was expected to start end-ish May for an end of June-ish delivery.

DS told me today car is out of production and is going through final inspections/track testing and will be ready by this weekend for delivery. Sucky timing as I'm out of town for the week, so this will have to wait a few more days.

Model X P90D, Deep Blue Metallic, 22" Onyx Black, Black Leather Seats, Black HL, 6 Seat, AP, PUP, Air Suspension, vin 74xx. Confirmed 5/04 - SF Bay Area

Wow, you got put in production quick, your location and build no doubt. Congrats!

Been following this and previous threads on Model X delivery. Finally got word today from my DS that my X, vin 44xx is on its way to Tampa. Expect pick up on 21 June. It is a 90D, 6 seater, with most everything except performance mode.

Got the call. Picking up our X at 11am tomorrow in Dania Beach.
90D, Silver, black on black interior. Firm order complete early Feb. vin 38xx. Built earlier, but waited at factory for 3rd row seat issue. Finally arrived. Planning Xpel & OpticoatPro in about 8-10 days.

Where are you getting these done at? I'm here in S. Fl as well and would appreciate a good referral in case i do this...

I was hoping we'd be on the same truck/train...but you seem to be too far ahead of me. Or are you?

I suppose your DS told you about the truck?
Yes, DS said truck not rail... Did not go as far as to say how close it is, but did say he will let me know when he has seen it with his own eyes. There seems to be a lot heading this way, they still need time to do an inspection, I'm thinking we are 5-10 days away from actual delivery. I will be pleasantly shocked if sooner.

About a month ago everything "locked down" in MyTesla for pending Model X orders. It was definitely an option before (cash, Tesla financing, lease, or customer arranged financing iirc). I'm not sure what new orders are seeing, but regardless you should be finalizing payment with your DS.
We just gave them a personal check at pickup, seemed straightforward to me

Congrats. Tell me if you could about your Denver delivery experience...
Were you rushed? Was Chris your DS? Anything a non EV owner should know about? I have a Denver delivery too when my 5-seat 90D is built. Did anyone recommend wrapping your car? Thanks
Thanks! Yes, Chris was our DS and was awesome. He took his time to explain everything. We asked to have an abbreviated delivery, since we were leaving for vacation the following day and we had our two little kids with us. Everything took about an hour and we were probably the ones trying to rush out of there! LOL! He did give a recommendation for a clear bra when I asked during a previous visit. I thought the delivery experience was really good, they had the car inside, cleaned up, charged, ready to go!

Reactions: WABarb
Is this in Mt. Kisco? Do you happen to know if there's a super charger there that's open for Tesla owners? I'll be traveling to Westchester from VA a few times, and I didn't see any superchargers in the area when I looked online, other than possibly one at the Mt. Kisco showroom.
I going there to pick up my X tomorrow, will check to see if they have put some in. I don't remember there being any the last time I was there but who knows. The closest supercharger if you are going through that area would be in Greenwich, CT on the Merritt Parkway.

• Informative
Reactions: F123456

Did your car's status even changed in My Tesla?

so to add to the news, got the email from my DS today vin 79xx inproduction and should be finished next week for delivery before end of month. Central NC, trying not to get to excited but its hard to do.... everyone enjoy your deliveries, post pic's

Wow, more great news! I like hearing this type of news because it seems to indicate that Tesla is keeping to their estimated delivery dates for people who have ordered in the April/May timeframe. Given I ordered at the end of May with a July timeframe for delivery on the east coast, I hope my order is also on time. @Amoroso6 how long after your order was confirmed did you get a VIN? Curious when I should expect to hear something from my DS...not expecting any real news anytime soon, but hopefully by the end of this month...?

the order was c
Wow, more great news! I like hearing this type of news because it seems to indicate that Tesla is keeping to their estimated delivery dates for people who have ordered in the April/May timeframe. Given I ordered at the end of May with a July timeframe for delivery on the east coast, I hope my order is also on time. @Amoroso6 how long after your order was confirmed did you get a VIN? Curious when I should expect to hear something from my DS...not expecting any real news anytime soon, but hopefully by the end of this month...?

my order was entered on 4/28 and confirmed on 5/5 and i got mu MVPA and vin on 5/6