Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X June Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So just got an update from my DS, X is in paint and still on track for delivery by the end of the month. so close, its killing me. I even thought of flying out to pick it up in CA but cant get away ah well. the team here seems to be good so hopefully they will catch alot of these issues I have been reading about before i see it. Anyone else have any experience with the Raleigh, NC SC?
good thing - you would also have to pay CA tax if you pick up there.... :( I thought about doing the same thing....still waiting...

So just got an update from my DS, X is in paint and still on track for delivery by the end of the month. so close, its killing me. I even thought of flying out to pick it up in CA but cant get away ah well. the team here seems to be good so hopefully they will catch alot of these issues I have been reading about before i see it. Anyone else have any experience with the Raleigh, NC SC?

Interesting. My VIN is only a few hundred above yours and was assigned on 5/20. But my DS still tells me I should be expecting mid-late July delivery. That doesn't fit with the recently reported sharp upswing in production. Like you I have a well equipped 6-seat 90D. I'll be very happy if I get the car in July as still promised.

And I have a VIN 600 below yours, nearly identically configured but Metalic blue with black leather.. I am told another 10 - 14 days before production and delivery to Utah "hopefully by July 14th"..
I think my DS is very conservative in his estimates as @ccutrer has commented before.

Very nice. Is paint one of the last stages? I'm so excited as well. Would just like a solid delivery week lol, im in California so hopefully soon.

Nope, paint is the FIRST stage after the body shell is welded together. Everything else gets assembled onto it after that.
I the factory they have MANY (as in over 100) shells that are already painted, hanging on tracks above the production floor, waiting to go through the final assembly line.

Take a look at this video..

Last edited:
Reactions: ksquared
Very nice. Is paint one of the last stages? I'm so excited as well. Would just like a solid delivery week lol, im in California so hopefully soon.
No I actuall think it's one of the first after body assembly before drive train and interior. But I also think they go by quickly. Just ready today that tesla anouced they are hitting their targets of 2000 s and x per week.

50 days ? I have been waiting 137 days so far but who is counting.

I know that Tesla time is not linear but how is it possible that my car just went to QC which typically takes a week and then goes onto a train which takes 12-14 days and still should be ready for pickup in 10 days.

Someone told me that 17 cars where delivered to the downtown Chicago Tesla store so I biked over there to check vins but mine was not there yet. Not that I am obsessed or anything.

picking up our vehicle wednesday at 6 6/15 thats just 50 days from confirmation to delivery.. tesla is stepping up their game!

Congratulations! Please post a few pictures or videos...mine will hopefully look similar to yours, sans 6 seats, I went with 7. I hope mine is also delivered in about the same amount time (which would fall into July as estimated when I ordered), though I have yet to see any traction on my order either via my DS or My Tesla page. Then again, only been a couple of weeks since my order confirmed, so I guess I should be patient and wait.

Congratulations! Please post a few pictures or videos...mine will hopefully look similar to yours, sans 6 seats, I went with 7. I hope mine is also delivered in about the same amount time (which would fall into July as estimated when I ordered), though I have yet to see any traction on my order either via my DS or My Tesla page. Then again, only been a couple of weeks since my order confirmed, so I guess I should be patient and wait.

Will do!

Nope, paint is the FIRST stage after the body shell is welded together. Everything else gets assembled onto it after that.
I the factory they have MANY (as in over 100) shells that are already painted, hanging on tracks above the production floor, waiting to go through the final assembly line.
Where are you seeing these "over 100" painted shells on tracks waiting for final assembly? The line of S's all painted up are in final assembly.

picking up our vehicle wednesday at 6 6/15 thats just 50 days from confirmation to delivery.. tesla is stepping up their game!
Nice! My vin is nearly 500 under yours and the earliest I could pick up is this Friday here in WA. Arguably a lot closer than PA! :rolleyes::p;)

UPDATE
90D
"Great News! Your Model X is wrapping up production and is about to head to our delivery center. We would love to get you tentatively scheduled. Could you call me at your earliest convenience and we can arrange an appointment time. Congratulations!! "

Reactions: DuplexDianne
Picked up last night, very pleased with build quality, I'm keeping notes to write up a personal opinion after a few days of "typical" use. So far, extremely positive. This car is unreal to say the least. I did get a sunshade, and yes I installed it. I live in Florida after all :cool:

AAAAAAH! YOU BEAT ME! I'm hoping to have mine this week

Reactions: systemcrashed
Where are you seeing these "over 100" painted shells on tracks waiting for final assembly? The line of S's all painted up are in final assembly.

Nice! My vin is nearly 500 under yours and the earliest I could pick up is this Friday here in WA. Arguably a lot closer than PA! :rolleyes::p;)

Sorry if I implied that was in the video, it is not. Saw that detail in person , live "not Memorex"

Reactions: goneskiian