Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X June Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I thought that after all the snooping around these forums for the past several weeks, particularly around the topic of model X quality, that I thought it appropriate to post my first message on these forums – just took delivery yesterday of mine yesterday.

Order Date: May 1, Delivery Date: June 22 (VIN 7334). P90D Model X, Silver, Black Onyx, all options except L.

Actually, I was pretty apprehensive as I have had very little exposure to the Model X, and just reluctantly sold my Model S (vintage 2013 ~4000-ish P85) in May, so driving around my carbon cars for a while had me craving a new Tesla, but a little uncertain on the X. Well, how to put this – anxiety melts to excitement pretty fast (about the same as the 0-60 in the X) – exceptional delivery experience in Salt Lake City (Charles), and immediate albeit very limited driving feedback so far: ridiculous/insane/love it.

This forum is been incredibly helpful for me – I’ll now start reviewing the various opinions on paint protection, exterior and setbacks.

Thx all,

IMG_0885.JPG IMG_0886.JPG IMG_0887.JPG

Picked up our car this morning. 90d vin 4936. Drove 35 miles. Now waiting for a tow truck. Car is undrivable. One of the third row seats was broken when we picked it up so not the best introduction to Tesla so far. Tesla customer service is great though. They are sending an uber to take my family home and I will go to the service center to pick up a loaner model S. Tow truck might be a while though.

Last edited:
I thought that after all the snooping around these forums for the past several weeks, particularly around the topic of model X quality, that I thought it appropriate to post my first message on these forums – just took delivery yesterday of mine yesterday.

Order Date: May 1, Delivery Date: June 22 (VIN 7334). P90D Model X, Silver, Black Onyx, all options except L.

Actually, I was pretty apprehensive as I have had very little exposure to the Model X, and just reluctantly sold my Model S (vintage 2013 ~4000-ish P85) in May, so driving around my carbon cars for a while had me craving a new Tesla, but a little uncertain on the X. Well, how to put this – anxiety melts to excitement pretty fast (about the same as the 0-60 in the X) – exceptional delivery experience in Salt Lake City (Charles), and immediate albeit very limited driving feedback so far: ridiculous/insane/love it.

This forum is been incredibly helpful for me – I’ll now start reviewing the various opinions on paint protection, exterior and setbacks.

Thx all,

View attachment 182356 View attachment 182357 View attachment 182358

Looks sick, I can't wait, my DS says still on track for delivery next week but hasn't set a specific day yet.

I got a warning saying that the suspension was disabled immediately followed by a warning saying that the front motor was disabled. I could drive for another 30 seconds so I could get of a busy road. Then the car completely stopped. Now I get more warnings about the car needing servicing and the 12 volt battery being low. Tow truck will be here in one hour and the uber has already come to pick up my family.

Our X finally made it home. We picked it up at the Scottsdale Service Center this morning. A great experience!

We then took it to pick up my wife's clients for a day of house showing (she is a realtor). We drove it for about 70 miles and we were all very excited to do this in the new car. All the doors were opened a lot today and seemed to work great. Just was reminded that there are no sensor on the inside of the Falcon Doors and got banged in the head by them once. No harm done (to head or door). Getting people out of the front and the falcon doors is a bit awkward. We'll see if this improves with us using it. Having the option to run the AC from the mobile app before you get in was great. We could keep the car cool in today's 113f without any problem.

Yes, I received the sunscreen and had Tesla put it in today (did I mention 113f?)

The light coming through the falcon door top windows is too bright on a day like this. We will probably have that tinted more (an AZ problem I am sure)

Overall, the car looks good. We didn't inspect it too much at delivery. It was inside and hard to see and it was too hot outside. We looked at it more in the light later and I think the driver side falcon door should be aligned better than it is now. It is pretty close though. I didn't drive it at high speed yet without he AC blasting but I didn't hear any annoying wind noise either.

Overall, a great first day. Tomorrow, when I show it to a few more people, I will take some pictures. I LOVE the red :)

Thx all,
Congrats on the car. Check with Envision and Luxe for detailing, tint, wraps, etc. Join our Utah thread and we can all get together one day for a cars and coffee :)