Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X June Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If I pre-cool my X AC while my Tesla is in the garage using the app, the compressor can be heard throughout the house.

I can run all 5 of my home thermostats and not here any of my exterior AC units. Is the heater also this loud?? Never got a chance to test it as I am in SoCal.

I got a April 2016 S loaner and I thought it was broken for being dead silent.

Please Tesla, fix that noise with a OTA update.

If I pre-cool my X AC while my Tesla is in the garage using the app, the compressor can be heard throughout the house.

I can run all 5 of my home thermostats and not here any of my exterior AC units. Is the heater also this loud?? Never got a chance to test it as I am in SoCal.

I got a April 2016 S loaner and I thought it was broken for being dead silent.

Please Tesla, fix that noise with a OTA update.

It is loud on the S too. I'd imagine it would be louder on the x as its bigger and needs to cool a larger space so bigger motor perhaps. It's definitely the compressor for the Ac. It's even louder when it's hot outside. I usually shut off the Ac and turn it back on. The sound comes back but sometimes goes away right away. Try turning the Ac on and off intermittently with a few seconds in between and see what happens.

Though it may not be best for vehicle but i doubt it. My s is still going strong and the Ac is much better than the loaner's Ac that I received with a drive unit exchange.

Ugh what a pain, apparently my x has just gotten done getting painted and is in its early stages. Factory is closed from the 1st to the 5th of july. My delivery date is on the 30th of June.

Airfares are already expensive and a last minute flight for three is even more and if I book a flight, I'll be stuck in the Bay Area waiting and then factory shuts down which means it may be 2 trips.

Sigh... As fate would have it with my luck and anxiety, I get to be right at a suspenseful point and caught between a unique issue once again.

What to do...

Hey! I'm on Thursday at 2pm! It would be great if you land that date and time. Maybe we can do the factory tour together. I'll be going with my wife and son (who is 4). Crossing fingers they let him in. He's been asking to go in for months now.
If your 4yr old is 48" he can go. My 9yr old barely makes it, but all 3 of my kids are tiny for their age.

From my DS, and I'm sure it's posted somewhere:
Factory Tour Requirements
  • You may bring a group of 4 people, including yourself.
  • Everyone must be wearing long pants, sleeved shirts (short or long), and closed toe shoes.
  • All children must be taller than 48 inches; please note that our factory has a strict guideline for children that they must be over 48” to attend as it is very loud and is not ideal for infants or small toddlers.
  • No photos or videos inside the factory.
We won't be taking the factory tour this time...we're just gonna pick up the X and hopefully go on the tour (4 of 5 of us) soon.

Hope we can squeeze in for delivery on 6/30!!! I believe there's deliveries on July 1? I just know there's no factory tours on 7/1.

Reactions: Diavel
I picked her up this morning. not a lot of fan fare but she was the bell of the ball. to my eyes she looked good and what a blast to drive 0625161027a.jpg 0625161027b.jpg 0625161034.jpg 0625161900_HDR.jpg 0625161901_HDR.jpg

Attachments

• 0625161027a.jpg
    0625161027a.jpg
    225.1 KB · Views: 108
Picked up our Model X this evening and drove it back from Chicago to Michigan. So far, I love it. One very minor fit and finish issue (driver's side FWD doesn't line up quite right at the back top). Autopilot is amazing. :)

VIN 49XX, 90D/20"/Autopilot/7 seats/Black, otherwise base configuration.

Reactions: MikeC
Ugh what a pain, apparently my x has just gotten done getting painted and is in its early stages. Factory is closed from the 1st to the 5th of july. My delivery date is on the 30th of June.

Airfares are already expensive and a last minute flight for three is even more and if I book a flight, I'll be stuck in the Bay Area waiting and then factory shuts down which means it may be 2 trips.

Sigh... As fate would have it with my luck and anxiety, I get to be right at a suspenseful point and caught between a unique issue once again.

What to do...
You should be OK I think. Mine took 3 days from starting production to being ready to transport to the SC. They are very motivated this time of the quarter.

Reactions: Diavel

What to do...

One piece of advice. You should have every conceivable piece of document with you either in physical or electronic form since you are coming in from afar. On my Wednesday pickup, my DS did not mention that I need the Article of Corporation for my trade-in Model S since it was leased through a corporation and we cannot proceed without it. So I have to drive home and made a scan then email to him. It is fortunate that I live <30 minutes from the factory but I was late for a meeting.

Just a FYI since you are flying in, going home to pick up a piece of document is probably not an option. ;)

• Informative
Reactions: WABarb and Diavel
So for those of you who took delivery over the past few days, what was the "Vehicle to be delivered on or about" date on page 2 of your final MVPA, compared to actual Delivey?

Mine was never updated since 5/15 when I confirmed the order. In fact, the status was "In production queue" until the night I picked up the car. Not until then, it changed to "Delivered".

Picked up my car from Tyco on 6/23. The delivery process was not great, but I'm glad to have my car, at least. Fit and finish were mostly fine -- there was some paint on one are of chrome, rubbing compound and adhesive on a few places, trim/seal sticking up above the driver side FWD, a LOT of light scratches on the dark ash trim on the passenger side of the dash and a few more on the center console tray. Nothing insurmountable,of course. And the firmware wasn't updated (display showed the alarm clock, and indicated that it needed to be scheduled/there was an update available). And the charge port door wouldn't open with a button press of the charger, which they decided was an issue with their charger and not the port door. Both of those are easy for me to deal with after the fact, so I let it be.

The main problem was that the delivery person kept insisting that "Oh, they just come like that. It's normal," instead of actually, you know, getting the detail guy out and fixing the problems. He also felt that rubbing HARD on the paint with his t-shirt, scratching it with his nails (to try and get paint off chrome), etc., was clever. Painful to watch, and somewhat unstoppable. I had mentioned to them that the car was going to get a full wrap within a day or so, and so how would they like to handle the scratches that they were willing to acknowledge should not be there. Since I'm obviously not fond of scratches on this vehicle, leaving the car unwrapped wouldn't be a good idea. They answered that they would put scratch repair for some of the scratches on the due bill, and I could bring it back sometime (they didn't have any touchup paint). So I asked how that would be handled, since I would have had the car wrapped by that point. I was told that they would replace the wrap/reimburse the cost of the wrap for that panel and I could have it done at the place who did the original wrap. Great -- can we add that to due bill, so that it's clear what has been promised? I was told No, they cannot add that to the due bill, because it's not part of the car. So we wrote it on some other piece of paperwork from them. Would the DS please initial or sign this, so we have something to go on when we come back for paint work on a wrapped vehicle? Um, er, uh, let me go and check if I'm allowed to do that... And then she came back later with copies of the paperwork in a folder and handed it to me with no further mention. At that point, I didn't have the fortitude to press the issue, and let it be. It's possible that most of those scratches on the paint will be hidden/fade into the film anyway. Mostly it was the attitude to which I have objections.

Also, the paperwork for registration was incorrect. This may be important, especially for VA residents, to keep an eye on. The dealer handles the registration, and they have a preprinted form that apparently one is supposed to sign without reading. They check off all boxes stating that it is for personal use only, no section 179 deduction will be taken, no depreciation for mileage will be reported, etc. I was able to get somebody to reprint the forms, and they printed one that I could fill out correctly. That was given to me by a different delivery person, since mine (and the car) were being looked over by the detailer, finally. (No, scratches were not removed. But excess adhesive was, at least.) While I was filling out the registration, delivery guy came over and told me to just sign it, and they know how to fill it out. I enquired if they knew my intended usage of the car, business or personal, etc., and he told me again to just sign it. So, I had to put the pen down, and ask very clearly again, whether or not he knew that I wanted a 179 deduction? Because I do. And the original form handed to me said I do not. Eventually he acknowledged that they do not know my intended usage, and I can fill out the form correctly.

I did get a sunshade.

None of this was a big deal, but it certainly soured what should have been a nice delivery experience. For what it's worth, I'm sure they were as frustrated with me as I with them. All the same, I did get a gift bag with mug and pen -- @VABarb, I'm surprised you didn't; guessing it was just an oversight on their part.

After that, we took the car home, and installed the after-market (brighter) LEDs throughout the vehicle. Love the extra in the trunk and under the front seats and front footwell especially -- what a difference! I was thinking that, with the pedestal seats, things are likely to fall and get misplaced under there, so the extra lighting may help. They look great! Most were an easy swap; one or two were difficult to remove (trunk hatch in particular).

The following morning, my husband installed the BlackVue 650CH dash-cam for me, and the wiring is completely hidden. Like some others here, he ran the wires through the channel for the rearview mirror. And then we took the car to go and have the wrap and tint done, and there it sits for the next few days.

Oh, two questions for X owners out there:

1) Is the horn REALLY difficult to press? Mine doesn't sneeze (we are making an add-on so that I play sounds for a sneeze, bicycle bell, or "Excuse me, please" from inside the car soon), but pushing it seems to require an inordinate amount of force. I will say that I have pretty much no arm strength, and it could just be me. There doesn't seem to be a way to try a polite tap of the horn, because of the amount of force needed to push on it.

2) Firmware updates. I picked up the car, and it indicated that it had an update to install. I installed upon arrival home, and the release notes indicated that the update was to change the behavior of the FWDs, and that they would open to one of two positions, depending upon surroundings and that can also be geo dependent. The update also added auto open to the driver's door upon unlocking from the keyfob. All good. Update said it completed successfully. But then the following evening, it showed a firmware update available. I installed, and it gave me the same release notes. I'm not sure if this normal behavior, for an update to sometimes try and install itself twice? It hasn't prompted me since in the app, but I also don't have the car now, so maybe it's because it is not on wifi? I don't know.

Picked up my car from Tyco on 6/23. The delivery process was not great, but I'm glad to have my car, at least. Fit and finish were mostly fine -- there was some paint on one are of chrome, rubbing compound and adhesive on a few places, trim/seal sticking up above the driver side FWD, a LOT of light scratches on the dark ash trim on the passenger side of the dash and a few more on the center console tray. Nothing insurmountable,of course. And the firmware wasn't updated (display showed the alarm clock, and indicated that it needed to be scheduled/there was an update available). And the charge port door wouldn't open with a button press of the charger, which they decided was an issue with their charger and not the port door. Both of those are easy for me to deal with after the fact, so I let it be.

The main problem was that the delivery person kept insisting that "Oh, they just come like that. It's normal," instead of actually, you know, getting the detail guy out and fixing the problems. He also felt that rubbing HARD on the paint with his t-shirt, scratching it with his nails (to try and get paint off chrome), etc., was clever. Painful to watch, and somewhat unstoppable. I had mentioned to them that the car was going to get a full wrap within a day or so, and so how would they like to handle the scratches that they were willing to acknowledge should not be there. Since I'm obviously not fond of scratches on this vehicle, leaving the car unwrapped wouldn't be a good idea. They answered that they would put scratch repair for some of the scratches on the due bill, and I could bring it back sometime (they didn't have any touchup paint). So I asked how that would be handled, since I would have had the car wrapped by that point. I was told that they would replace the wrap/reimburse the cost of the wrap for that panel and I could have it done at the place who did the original wrap. Great -- can we add that to due bill, so that it's clear what has been promised? I was told No, they cannot add that to the due bill, because it's not part of the car. So we wrote it on some other piece of paperwork from them. Would the DS please initial or sign this, so we have something to go on when we come back for paint work on a wrapped vehicle? Um, er, uh, let me go and check if I'm allowed to do that... And then she came back later with copies of the paperwork in a folder and handed it to me with no further mention. At that point, I didn't have the fortitude to press the issue, and let it be. It's possible that most of those scratches on the paint will be hidden/fade into the film anyway. Mostly it was the attitude to which I have objections.

Also, the paperwork for registration was incorrect. This may be important, especially for VA residents, to keep an eye on. The dealer handles the registration, and they have a preprinted form that apparently one is supposed to sign without reading. They check off all boxes stating that it is for personal use only, no section 179 deduction will be taken, no depreciation for mileage will be reported, etc. I was able to get somebody to reprint the forms, and they printed one that I could fill out correctly. That was given to me by a different delivery person, since mine (and the car) were being looked over by the detailer, finally. (No, scratches were not removed. But excess adhesive was, at least.) While I was filling out the registration, delivery guy came over and told me to just sign it, and they know how to fill it out. I enquired if they knew my intended usage of the car, business or personal, etc., and he told me again to just sign it. So, I had to put the pen down, and ask very clearly again, whether or not he knew that I wanted a 179 deduction? Because I do. And the original form handed to me said I do not. Eventually he acknowledged that they do not know my intended usage, and I can fill out the form correctly.

I did get a sunshade.

None of this was a big deal, but it certainly soured what should have been a nice delivery experience. For what it's worth, I'm sure they were as frustrated with me as I with them. All the same, I did get a gift bag with mug and pen -- @VABarb, I'm surprised you didn't; guessing it was just an oversight on their part.

After that, we took the car home, and installed the after-market (brighter) LEDs throughout the vehicle. Love the extra in the trunk and under the front seats and front footwell especially -- what a difference! I was thinking that, with the pedestal seats, things are likely to fall and get misplaced under there, so the extra lighting may help. They look great! Most were an easy swap; one or two were difficult to remove (trunk hatch in particular).

The following morning, my husband installed the BlackVue 650CH dash-cam for me, and the wiring is completely hidden. Like some others here, he ran the wires through the channel for the rearview mirror. And then we took the car to go and have the wrap and tint done, and there it sits for the next few days.

Oh, two questions for X owners out there:

1) Is the horn REALLY difficult to press? Mine doesn't sneeze (we are making an add-on so that I play sounds for a sneeze, bicycle bell, or "Excuse me, please" from inside the car soon), but pushing it seems to require an inordinate amount of force. I will say that I have pretty much no arm strength, and it could just be me. There doesn't seem to be a way to try a polite tap of the horn, because of the amount of force needed to push on it.

2) Firmware updates. I picked up the car, and it indicated that it had an update to install. I installed upon arrival home, and the release notes indicated that the update was to change the behavior of the FWDs, and that they would open to one of two positions, depending upon surroundings and that can also be geo dependent. The update also added auto open to the driver's door upon unlocking from the keyfob. All good. Update said it completed successfully. But then the following evening, it showed a firmware update available. I installed, and it gave me the same release notes. I'm not sure if this normal behavior, for an update to sometimes try and install itself twice? It hasn't prompted me since in the app, but I also don't have the car now, so maybe it's because it is not on wifi? I don't know.
Wow ... really disappointed to read about your experience particularly the attempt to remove substance from paint.. with tshirt... I would give feedback to manager.. you will be getting a survey... use that opportunity to communicate this. I'm interested in the after market LED's - what and where did you get them. Thx
Just got mine back from full xpel wrap (whole car + seat backs+ door sills). Really looks great and gives me piece of mind about the paint.

Mine doesn't sneeze (we are making an add-on so that I play sounds for a sneeze, bicycle bell, or "Excuse me, please" from inside the car soon), but pushing it seems to require an inordinate amount of force.

Sorry to hear about the delivery experience... I've had my S for nearly three years and both Rockville and Tyco have been awesome -- Our X was pretty much flawless on the outside... we are officially reporting the 2x vision at night though.

How are you adding the aftermarket sounds ? My wife wants a boat-horn on her X