TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model X Keeps Unlocking

Discussion in 'Model X' started by Zayna317, Jun 2, 2018.

1. Zayna317

Zayna317 New Member

Hi! This is the first time I post. My model x is currently charging and keeps unlocking. I keep locking it remotely, but it just unlocks 15 seconds later. The keys are not near the car and I can’t quite figure out what the issue is.

2. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

How do you know it is unlocking? Do you walk up and can open the doors with the key far away? If so, you haven't accidentally left the second fob in the car somewhere, have you?

3. HugoBoss

HugoBoss Member

Turn off passive entry. The keys are Bluetooth so it keeps detecting the keys and unlocks randomly.

4. animorph

animorph Active Member

And it may not be unlocking if it's just the outside lights coming on. That's just the first step as you approach. Happens all the time as I walk around the house with the fob. But the mirrors stay folded until I enter the garage.

5. gjunky

gjunky Trifecta: Solar and both cars are EVs

Stay well clear of the car with the keys and check the mobile app to see if it is locked. That way you don’t have to look at the car.