Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Key Fob Passenger Door

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just picked up my Model X car last week and I can’t figure out how to only open my front passenger door with the key fob. I do know how to open the drivers side by double click top then double click for passenger. But is there a way to open only the front passenger door by itself with the key fob? It’s driving me crazy. Thanks

Perhaps your passenger would not mind riding in the back seat? You CAN open the passenger side FWD ;)

OTOH, this is definitely a first world problem. After all, on how many cars is it possible to open ANY of the doors with the fob. <sigh> LOL

Reactions: KerryOH
It is lame. I almost had my driver door hit by a car on the street while trying to just open the passenger door for my wife.
Unless the problem is that you don't want to push the button on the door, there are alternatives. For instance, if you have walk up unlock disabled or only unlocking the driver door, then you can open an FWD and all doors will unlock. This allows you to push the button on the passenger door to open it without opening the driver door in the event that you are street parked.

ETA: Not arguing re: lameness, just saying that a work around is available.