Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

model x kinda like x6?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i really hope in person the x does not resemble the bmw x6...which i find a bit 'bulbous'.

Tesla-Model-X-Side-View-in-motion.jpg

BMW-X6_Concept_2007_1600x1200_wallpaper_04.jpg

From my point of view the BMW X6 is one of the most absurdest cars ever.
It is big, high wind drag, high fuel consumption, very low trunk space and useless at all.

I hope the Model X will be better. But I asked several times myself why Tesla build a SUV and not an Van or a station wagon.
For example: same design like the Model X but with less chassis clearance, like a normal car.

X6 is the most awesome looking ICE any regular person is able to buy without selling their left leg and kidneys.

The largeness, impracticality considering its size, 4 seater... Its so useless i absolutely love it!

If Model X is half of what X6 is. - I will love it!

I agree the X6 is not practical, economic or the least environmentally friendly. And I did drive one, it had the worst view out back in any car I've been in. But it did have some raw power. And I actually remember the first time I saw one on real life - I immediately associated to a powerful big cat animal (puma, tiger, ceetah) and was in awe.

But I asked several times myself why Tesla build a SUV and not an Van or a station wagon.
For example: same design like the Model X but with less chassis clearance, like a normal car.

Wagons don't sell well in America, as such I suspect that Model X was done as a business move. Yes, it's very much an American way of thinking but the success of Model X (and Model S) may give rise to a wagon Model S or at least a wagon Gen 3.

I don't see the Model X as an SUV. It's more like a minivan, considering the minimal ground clearance.

We still do not know what the the ground clearance is going to be or any of specs for that matter because they have not even made the beta yet. That being said, Bonnie was able to get a Tesla representative to measure the clearance on their show Model X last year. He estimated about 8.5 or more inches. That is healthy enough clearance for me and well over any unmodified minivan as it should be.

The Model X has chance to be one of the first vehicle ever to have good ground clearance and driving characteristics due to the low CG provided by the battery placement and stiff frame provided by the batterie's container same as in the Model S. I hope the Model X is more than just a Model S with more interior space. That would make it a station wagon as Agentsmtih suggested. I believe Tesla is aiming for something different with the Model X. We will see in a while ...

X6 is the most awesome looking ICE any regular person is able to buy without selling their left leg and kidneys.

The largeness, impracticality considering its size, 4 seater... Its so useless i absolutely love it!

If Model X is half of what X6 is. - I will love it!

i totally agree. the x6 looks like it has some major balls. much more aggressive and masculine looking than the current model x design. i wanted the performance model of the model x to be more ballsy like the x6... http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/show...ns-you-would-like-to-see-in-the-Model-X/page8