Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Launch In Oz

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ooh nice bit of information. I'll chase James for the ship number on the 24th. (it has taken all my strength not to bug him daily).

Searates.com estimates the journey will take 21 days.

21 days is not going to be long at all, thats assuming the ship won't stop anywhere else on the way here.

Im guessing/assuming that our cars will arrive on the same ship. So do they all get shipped to Sydney then transported around the country from there?

21 days is not going to be long at all, thats assuming the ship won't stop anywhere else on the way here.

Im guessing/assuming that our cars will arrive on the same ship. So do they all get shipped to Sydney then transported around the country from there?
I think you will find it takes longer than 21 days. My boat seemed to come the long way (30 + days) and good luck getting a ship number!
Now KT and I are waiting for the upgrade, just like we waited for the car. Tesla just keeps on giving!
Love the car though, mine has been perfect so far and (my biggest worry) the operation of the doors is tremendous- the sensors work really well.

Reactions: *KT* and championi
Spot on KT. We were away in January and way back when ours was in production in October, my DS was trying to figure out if we would be able to collect it before we went. By my calculation I think he allowed 9 weeks for US longshoring, shipboard time and the Australian local delivery but as you note, didn't allow anything for homologation. At that point too they were very keen have Australia in the list of countries with deliveries in Fiscal 16 in the US, so he thought the October build was meant to allow time to get it to us by 31 Dec. All history now, but as you say, the wait has been worth it.
Congrats ozwill- on its final arrival. I hope your is as flawless as mine!

Good to hear your X is going strong Oz.
Mine was due to be delivered by a certain "O" man last Thursday but was caught up in the floods in WA that cut the rail line to Perth. Needless to say that at the moment my car and all the others that were coming to Perth now have an undefined delivery date :(

Good to hear your X is going strong Oz.
Mine was due to be delivered by a certain "O" man last Thursday but was caught up in the floods in WA that cut the rail line to Perth. Needless to say that at the moment my car and all the others that were coming to Perth now have an undefined delivery date :(
How annoying!
I'm sure it going to be worth the wait. So close.. hang in there mate.

What is the timeline and process from ordering to confirming to "patiently" waiting for delivery in terms of dealing with the DS, payment, actual delivery? How do you get notified that production has begun? What's the usual timeframe from production to delivery (yes I know, how long is a piece of string)? Any info much appreciated.

Hey @Tozla
My timeline is not really a good indication as I delayed my delivery in order to get a 2017 plated vehicle. This is my timeline so far.

I ordered on the 3rd of July 2016
Confirmed 10th July 2017
Vin received 5th Oct
In Production 2nd Feb
In Transit 9th Feb
Confirmed by Adam to be Leaving Dock in California 24th Feb
Expected delivery late March / Early April.

Hey @Tozla
My timeline is not really a good indication as I delayed my delivery in order to get a 2017 plated vehicle. This is my timeline so far.

I ordered on the 3rd of July 2016
Confirmed 10th July 2017
Vin received 5th Oct
In Production 2nd Feb
In Transit 9th Feb
Confirmed by Adam to be Leaving Dock in California 24th Feb
Expected delivery late March / Early April.

When was your original expected delivery?

My timeline so far:
I ordered on 9th Feb 2017
Confirmed 16th Feb
I noticed this morning (21st Feb) that a VIN has been assigned.
????
Expected delivery late May.

Interested in the ???? part of the timeline.

At some point I expect to receive the wall connector. The DS gave me the name of a recommended installer but said I can use my own electrician.

Do you guys recommend using the guy who does this (install these connectors) for a living or use my own electrician who knows my house like the back of his hand but has never installed one of these?

How did you find the communication from the Tesla DS? It's early days but down the track I don't want to pester the poor guy but if I don't get updates every now and again I'm not sure I'll be able to control myself. :p

@championi - that wait from Intransit to confirmed leaving dock seems like it would be a killer. Car being ready to go but just sitting there waiting for a ride home. :)

Any other experiences/timelines welcomed.

@Tozla They should install superchargers in the pacific, of course that would make more sense once Elon finishes the tunnel!

@VOTS01 So I just received another update from Adam.
My X is due to arrive at the dock in Sydney on the 27th of March (a little over a month at sea).
He is estimating delivery on the 6th of April.

Put those puppies on a plane. Sea travel is so last century.

Reactions: championi