Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Launch In Oz

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I received my VIN too!!! - 5th Oct
I still don't think I'll see mine until next year.
Yes, I just checked and the VIN is there :) woo hoo! It is about 2 years to the day since I had a chat to one of the first model S owners here and googled Tesla re the model X given 4 kids with the youngest in primary school were not going to fit in the S - even in the boot. I did the reservation shortly thereafter... Like Championi, my guess is that the boat ride etc means "the Early Half of 2017" will live up to the term "Early" after-all.

Hey,can't say too much, but did anybody get an invite to an event on the Gold Coast at the end of this month, featuring Models X & S?
...possibly on an 'abandoned airstrip' LOL
Me too. It's not a abandoned strip, it's the best flying club in Australia and a great place to show off the vehicles. I think only SE QLD reservation holders got invite- at least that's what I was told.

A few photos from the Qld launch at the flying club...enjoyed the experience! Thanks guys :)
IMG_1889.jpg
IMG_1893.jpg
IMG_1897.jpg
IMG_1899.jpg

Last edited:
Meet Model X

Does any Queenslander know where abouts in the Robina centre they have them on display? Wanting to go this weekend, says to contact them for the location but I don't think they will respond right away

Does this picture from their facebook page help?

I don't know if that is Robina centre or a shot from another pop up display. Looks like it is in front of K-Mart wherever it was.

Attachments

• IMG_3655.PNG
    IMG_3655.PNG
    1.2 MB · Views: 56
Does this picture from their facebook page help?

I don't know if that is Robina centre or a shot from another pop up display. Looks like it is in front of K-Mart wherever it was.

Photo from a different centre unfortunately, that's definitely not the Kmart in Robina Town Centre. Might just go down tomorrow or Sunday at the latest and find it, will post back the location if anyone else was interested!

Has anyone got their delivery date?

Just received this in my inbox:

The wait is over! The first Model X test drive cars are landing in Australia. Be one of the first to test drive Model X – one of the safest, quickest and most capable sport utility vehicle in history.

Electric from the ground up, Model X offers a thrilling drive experience with up to 542 kilometres of range. And it’s ludicrously fast, accelerating from zero to 100 kilometres per hour in as little as 3.1 seconds.

Model X sports an elegant and functional design, including Falcon Wing doors, seating for up to seven people, and a panoramic windshield that offer effortless access to the cabin and an expansive view overhead.

Test Drives will start in the New Year and you will be contacted by a Tesla representative to confirm your booking.

Reactions: baillies