Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Launch In Oz

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We are taking delivery of our X on Wednesday, as a companion to our S.

The issue is insurance: IAG (NRMA etc) does not have the X on their systems yet, but may by Wednesday. Tesla are offering a product via QBE, but you cannot buy this online an the hold times are long.

What are others doing with insurance, especially in NSW?
You don't hold for insure my tesla- email them off the tesla web site and they call you.

+1 And here is the direct address of the that gave me once I'd filled in the form in case that speeds things up... [email protected]
We did ours by email with Marshadvantage too - given no one else in Vic had the model X on their list two weeks ago. Also, I have a non tag account (via Eastlink) for the toll roads in Melb as don't use the CityLink that often and means one account for multiple cars and no fiddling with tags etc. On Saturday I tried to put the X on the account but the only Tesla option was an S. I put in an enquiry and got an email today saying they'd just added the X to their list. !

Ordered: 23-Dec-16
Confirmed: 30-Dec-16
Current estimated ETA from DS: Late March/April
VIN ending in 0354xx

Has not hit production yet

Received a call from my DS today, production of my car has been pushed from 13-Feb to 6-Mar due to the factory shutdown Tesla confirms retooling of factory for Model 3 this month, will ‘pause’ Model S/X production for a week

He indicated that Sydney deliveries take between approx 6-8 weeks from the start of production.

I'm now looking at an estimated ETA of Late April/May

Hey Champ, cant tell really since DS refused to divulge the boat ID. But i think the cars were in bonded store for about a month waiting the homologation approval.
Spot on KT. We were away in January and way back when ours was in production in October, my DS was trying to figure out if we would be able to collect it before we went. By my calculation I think he allowed 9 weeks for US longshoring, shipboard time and the Australian local delivery but as you note, didn't allow anything for homologation. At that point too they were very keen have Australia in the list of countries with deliveries in Fiscal 16 in the US, so he thought the October build was meant to allow time to get it to us by 31 Dec. All history now, but as you say, the wait has been worth it.

@VOTS01 That's fantastic news, because you didn't get delayed by the factory shutting down, for model 3 production.
I emailed Adam at Tesla yesterday and he has told me that my X is at the port, it's been assigned a vessel, however, it hasn't beeen assigned a container. With any luck our X's may be on the same same ship heading down to Australia.

Reactions: alexeiw123
First Model X in Tassie has been spotted :)

A freshly delivered Tesla Model X, the... - Tassie Car Spotters | Facebook

EuezvEE.png

Reactions: *KT*