Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Launch In Oz

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Exiting times! Anybody get one of these?

Screen Shot 2016-08-05 at 7.14.07 PM.png

I'm surprised that they'll have a real one there, as opposed to a cardboard cut-out or a hologram.
There's no mention as to whether we'll be "taken for a ride":D
A ride would be nice, although I'm not holding my breath as I think no they will have a LHD on display which can't be driven on our roads. It will still be nice to see the car in the flesh and take seat inside to get an idea of how it will be once we get delivery. I'm sure I'll be pleased. Tesla family here we come!

(My first post - Hello everyone).

I got my invite though will have to miss it since I will be o/s. Disappointing because Tesla launch events looks pretty cool from the videos I've seen. Plus haven't seen a car event before where the hours are "... till late".

Def worth checking out the car if you can though. I had the local guys arrange a test drive my wife and me recently when we were in NYC. Then confirmed my order last week. I have to say I was blown away by the car. It is like nothing else. The windshield really changes the experience. And the doors and the three rows etc work really well.

I went from 50/50 before I saw and drove the car to 100% after 20 minutes. It is that cool. Used the autopilot down the west side highway in Manhattan... The X I have ordered is for my wife and I had planned to get an S in a year or so for me. But now considering getting a second X.

JD

Reactions: Kayto
(My first post - Hello everyone).

I got my invite though will have to miss it since I will be o/s. Disappointing because Tesla launch events looks pretty cool from the videos I've seen. Plus haven't seen a car event before where the hours are "... till late".

Def worth checking out the car if you can though. I had the local guys arrange a test drive my wife and me recently when we were in NYC. Then confirmed my order last week. I have to say I was blown away by the car. It is like nothing else. The windshield really changes the experience. And the doors and the three rows etc work really well.

I went from 50/50 before I saw and drove the car to 100% after 20 minutes. It is that cool. Used the autopilot down the west side highway in Manhattan... The X I have ordered is for my wife and I had planned to get an S in a year or so for me. But now considering getting a second X.

JD

Welcome and congrats on your order!
You're experience is how I felt when I test drove the MS, one drive and you're hooked!

I'm really looking forward to experiencing the X, and this is coming from a MS owner. Our MX on order is for my wife too. She has been keen on the Tesla since I bought my MS. I think we will have the best of both worlds. I'm really looking forward to the launch party. We went to the store opening in Syndey and had a great experience.

• Funny
Reactions: OzSimon
Welcome and congrats on your order!
You're experience is how I felt when I test drove the MS, one drive and you're hooked!

I'm really looking forward to experiencing the X, and this is coming from a MS owner. Our MX on order is for my wife too. She has been keen on the Tesla since I bought my MS. I think we will have the best of both worlds. I'm really looking forward to the launch party. We went to the store opening in Syndey and had a great experience.

Yeah. I rented a S P85D the other day and loved it. And I think the S is one of the best looking cars on earth - ICE or EV. Will probably still get one - or a loaded 3 if I can wait that long. I mean we don't need two SUVs. It just, getting back in S after the X, as great as the S is, it feels like, a car. A high tech, incredibly powerful car, but still a car. The X feels... different. Hard to explain. I think it's the windshield.

Anyway enjoy the event!

Yeah. I rented a S P85D the other day and loved it. And I think the S is one of the best looking cars on earth - ICE or EV. Will probably still get one - or a loaded 3 if I can wait that long. I mean we don't need two SUVs. It just, getting back in S after the X, as great as the S is, it feels like, a car. A high tech, incredibly powerful car, but still a car. The X feels... different. Hard to explain. I think it's the windshield.

Anyway enjoy the event!
I think I might have to do a few car swaps with my wife once she gets her X! :p