Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Launch invites have gone out

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My invite did arrive at 7 AM as well. RSVP went smoothly at 10 AM with an email confirming a short time later.

It is NOT unusual for Tesla Motors to send invitations to events with short notice. Some event invites have arrived the same week. That is why I kept the calendar clear and skipped an out-of-state drive just in case. I am pleased to attend, as the first production Model X Signature delivery dates are not known at this time. Seeing them in person will help balance any additional wait time.

My Signature Red Model S will get another thousand miles on the odometer for this trip. Superchargers could be busy, so planning some extra events to arrive early could be wise. Winchester Mystery House would work as early as 9 AM on Tuesday. http://winchestermysteryhouse.com/rates_schedules.cfm It might be practical to leave a bit later on Wednesday and enjoy the Walt Disney Family Museum and their new Dali and Tomorrowland exhibits. Home | The Walt Disney Family Museum - Disney Museum is CLOSED on Tuesdays! Also note: The Computer History Museum is CLOSED on Monday and Tuesday. Hours Admission | Computer History Museum

Here is a close-up of the text on my email:

Model S Charging.jpg

(It helps to have the 5K iMac with Retina Display. Makes the Design Studio for Model X look great!)

Last edited:
Happy to pick someone up at SFO or SJC, even OAK and give you a ride to the event as your +1.

I'll even put you up at my home!

Did someone already take you up on this offer? I have some SouthWest miles I could burn for this.

I tried a PM but your inbox was full.

Anyone else want to make the same offer (pickup and stay)? Haven't asked my wife but we are empty-nesters and I have time to spare. :)

Last edited:
My invite did arrive at 7 AM as well. RSVP went smoothly at 10 AM with an email confirming a short time later.

It is NOT unusual for Tesla Motors to send invitations to events with short notice. Some event invites have arrived the same week. That is why I kept the calendar clear and skipped an out-of-state drive just in case. I am pleased to attend, as the first production Model X Signature delivery dates are not known at this time. Seeing them in person will help balance any additional wait time.

My Signature Red Model S will get another thousand miles on the odometer for this trip. Superchargers could be busy, so it might be wise to leave early and enjoy the Walt Disney Family Museum and their new Dali and Tomorrowland exhibits. Home | The Walt Disney Family Museum

Here is a close-up of the text on my email:

View attachment 95033

(It helps to have the 5K iMac with Retina Display. Makes the Design Studio for Model X look great!)

You buzzkill you.

If one can't accommodate Tesla's whims and accept their decisions at face value, one might be excused for feeling a bit bad on TMC at times. :)

On a more serious note, good to see the invites go out - and as an Euro-Sig holder, yes I got an invite, which I appreciate.

Nice.
But I have to say I'm ticked off that us east coast owners (yet again!) get so little notice. It's a minimum two day trip in the middle of the week, with 8 days notice. Even if I could juggle my agenda for next week, I checked and I'm looking at $800-1,000 by the time I've got flights, hotel, parking, taxis or car rental, and incidental expenses.

So many of us have asked so many times for a bit more advance notice on stuff like this but oh well....:frown:

With so many Model-X delays, why would you expect the invites to go out on time? :)

Seriously, I'm sure these guys are really busy trying to ramp up the production line. I'm guessing that this little "event" is an after-thought to them. A bunch of employees were probably eating cold pizza last night at 11pm and someone said, "do you think it would be a good idea to invite some customers on September 29th?"

Damned if they do, damned if they don't it appears.

haha. indeed. and, tbh, the larger Tesla gets, the more this will be the case.

- - - Updated - - -

Let's see today is about the last day you could order an S and get delivery in Q4. I believe the timing of the invites was totally " competent " and designed to not reduce 4th Quarter S sales.

Good note. Not accepting that as "in the plans all along," but not counting it out either. I think Model S demand is a very important factor to Tesla now that many here discount too quickly, partially because it hasn't been an issue for so long.

- - - Updated - - -

It has to start late, right?

Well, they may still need some time to get the door alignment right. ;)

I wonder if this is going to be just founder deliveries or the event like the D announcement where they had test drive cars. Sure would suck to fly out from the east coast just to watch a few people get their cars :smile:
IMHO, may I suggest that the handoff of key fobs to several Founders could still occur at the Fremont factory earlier in the day. A private event, like what occurred for Model S, is more of an employee appreciation with the first Founder production cars rolling off the line. IMHO, Tesla Motors could even have some Signatures rolling off the line for standard delivery. Video of the Founder's handoff could be shown to us that night.

The "Model X Launch Event" will be the gathering we have been waiting for. Elon and company can reveal everything to the news media and the buyers in the style Tesla Motors is famous for. I look forward to seeing some of you there. A name tag with your TMC member name would help.

I'm still looking for a +1 invite. If there is anyone outside of CA who is on the fence about going, let me entice you by covering your air ticket with FF miles :)

Edit: coolcarx has graciously offered to take me. Thanks to all the others who also offered. TMC is a great community.

Last edited: