Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Launch invites have gone out

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was just about to say the opposite, I wish they would keep the 'eyes' of the Model S. just another disappointment...

LEDs/DRLs have been on the bottom since day 1, right?

tesla-model-x-7_600x0w.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

More importantly, is the lighting on the "T" and under the nose cone split for real or just for the marketing shot?

More importantly, is the lighting on the "T" and under the nose cone split for real or just for the marketing shot?

I think it's a marketing shot.

That setup - just the T and the line beneath being highlighted - looks very cool. So much so, I'm now planning on heading to the local wrap shop to get the entire oval chrome all around on my Model S wrapped in black while leaving the T and the underline alone. I don't think I've seen anyone try that before on here; it's usually the case that everything but the T was wrapped/plasti-dipped.

I can't really make it work in a crazy tight schedule for next week without feeling like I probably wouldn't get the best value. I would love to be there but don't feel I should stretch.

I've RSVP'd no - hopefully this means another of you will get my spot.

"incompetence"? The person who told Several Sig reservation holders may have just responded with something like "not that I know of" and then the Sig reservation holders may have carried the message forward to others as "there is no event planned" then other people may have carried that forward as "No Model X event", etc...this is how the famous game of "Telephone" works.

As a "Communications" major, it is highly under-rated how much people take it for granted not realizing how messed up the message can get through interpretation, relaying that interpretration, and translating someone's interpretation that was relayed, etc.

I think this is exactly why dirkh can call it incompetence. Alternate scenario: someone steps Up and says "we HAVE to get these expectations managed, so don't say this don't say that and if pushed hard just say Abc and if they don't let go then head them over to me"
As a customer and a fan I love tesla but there is no benefit to anyone in pretending some things can't be nudged upwards. I trust their tradeoff making capacity however so as long as hey choose to screw up in ways than don't put their mission at risk I'm happy. I am bummed for those that need advance time to plan- executives, doctors on call, families with child care needs -please someone periscope it out and announce it here!

X Prod #13 invite

Is it only Signature reservation holders getting the invites? Better, has any non-Sig reservation holder gotten an invite. Interesting that they seem to be going out to foreign countries and East coast this time around.
I'm prod #13 and received an invite. I am a Model S Sig driver, so they may be reaching out to all Sig owners.

I am probably going...from east coast (Delaware)......Wish they gave a little more notice....need to change work and family schedules more difficult at last minute.

Are you bringing your wife? If not, any chance you want to bring along another east coaster? :) I'm working down a few different paths for an invite. Sadly, I haven't yet received one directly from Tesla.

Nice.

But I have to say I'm ticked off that us east coast owners (yet again!) get so little notice. It's a minimum two day trip in the middle of the week, with 8 days notice. Even if I could juggle my agenda for next week, I checked and I'm looking at $800-1,000 by the time I've got flights, hotel, parking, taxis or car rental, and incidental expenses.

So many of us have asked so many times for a bit more advance notice on stuff like this but oh well....:frown:

Totally agree. Even for people on the west coast this is an issue. Things like getting time off work with such a short notice is an issue. Only reason I can think of for a Tuesday even with a short notice is they don't want too many people showing up.

Last edited:
Seeking a +1, I already have one +1, but definitely need another for my significant other :) Irony is that I used to be X Sig #63, but had to let it go in order to get our Model S in 2013. Here's hoping...

Any other Model X Signature Reservation holders NOT get an invite? I have a Model X signature reservation and have not received an invite.

Only response I have received from Tesla this morning are two denials that an event is happening on the 29th. They seem to have propagated that message well :)