Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Launch invites have gone out

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In reviewing what we know about this event:
- It will be held at the old Solendra factory, not the Tesla Factory
- Members asked to show up between 7pm-7:30pm

It would seem to me that they will be having a private Founder presentation with all the Tesla employees at the Factory sometime Tuesday afternoon, similar like the Model-S event. Then afterwards, they would take 1 (or more) Model-X to a reveal event at the old Solendra plant and have a little Q&A session with the Model-X. Maybe even some hands-on.

If the above is correct, then this is potentially an after-thought to try to settle some outstanding perceptions generated in the forums.

I'm honestly surprised at the # of folks complaining about this. Y'all were mad when you thought they weren't going to have an event and now you're mad they're having one but didn't notify you in a window appropriate for you. Just be happy they're having an event!

Totally!

I believe Tesla has acted with complete consistency here. When Elon tweeted "About time to unveil the D and something else" that was October 1st. The event was October 9th... 8 days later.

Today's invites have gone out 8 days prior to the event. Complete consistency. I'm not sure why anyone would think insufficient time was given.

Totally!

I believe Tesla has acted with complete consistency here. When Elon tweeted "About time to unveil the D and something else" that was October 1st. The event was October 9th... 8 days later.

Today's invites have gone out 8 days prior to the event. Complete consistency. I'm not sure why anyone would think insufficient time was given.

I don't know... off the top of my hat, just to throw something out there... maybe because they think 8 days is insufficient for the invites of a non-professional (as in not covering this stuff for a living), long-distance, even international audience?

Besides, I doubt two events = complete consistency.

Totally!

I think you missed the rest of the conversation where it was pointed out that nobody has been creating a drama.

FWIW, plenty of folks gave input after the D event on exactly the subject. I was told only on Thursday that there would be no event, on Monday i got the invite. Things obviously changed, I just wished they had changed a week earlier. No drama.

Any more than 8 days and you have too much rampant anticipation, people freaking out, analysts saying stupid stuff etc. etc.

(not to say that the borderline is 8 days and 9 is too much, but you get my point)

It's not a life-or-death event... it's not a commercial event... people who don't attend won't suffer unduly. It's livestreamed. (You can guarantee a lot more people will be watching this livestream compared to the Dual-Motor unveil. I shudder to imagine the number of viewers of the Model 3 unveil event next March) Eight days' notice is fine IMO, and I know it is not fine in your opinion... we are just expressing our opinions here and I do not aim to change yours.

NOTE - if we are talking about consistency here, the P85D-at-the-airport photo was leaked to this forum the day after the invite. We should all be on the lookout for final production copies of the Model X :)

About time to unveil the D and something else - Page 29

- - - Updated - - -

I think you missed the rest of the conversation where it was pointed out that nobody has been creating a drama.

FWIW, plenty of folks gave input after the D event on exactly the subject. I was told only on Thursday that there would be no event, on Monday i got the invite. Things obviously changed, I just wished they had changed a week earlier. No drama.

Sorry, was just reacting to the post by dengar22. I am personally not bouncing off the ceiling or anything. I watched the livestream of the Model X unveil, and I'm looking forward to the end of this long wait!

In reviewing what we know about this event:
- It will be held at the old Solendra factory, not the Tesla Factory
- Members asked to show up between 7pm-7:30pm

It would seem to me that they will be having a private Founder presentation with all the Tesla employees at the Factory sometime Tuesday afternoon, similar like the Model-S event. Then afterwards, they would take 1 (or more) Model-X to a reveal event at the old Solendra plant and have a little Q&A session with the Model-X. Maybe even some hands-on.

If the above is correct, then this is potentially an after-thought to try to settle some outstanding perceptions generated in the forums.
I'm pretty sure this is the same plant that Tesla took over if anyone is interested:
Solyndra Fab 2 - YouTube

Not alluding to any previous comments here, I just want to say: I'm stoked! It's happening. I think many of us can't quite fathom that the "final" Model X is finally going to be unveiled in ~1 week. Holy cow.

This bird of prey is probably going to do to the premium SUV market what the Model S is doing to the premium sedan market... or worse. Aside from grabbing the attention of people who love wicked acceleration, it's going to grab the eyes of anyone who notices that the doors are not normal. The windshield is going to amaze some people. The comfortable and easy-to-access back seats are going to bring a Tesla grin to more people. The storage space (in most regards) is ridiculous. And then there are still reportedly some big surprises regarding cool features.

This will be the new standard for SUVs.

I'm stoked! :D

Last edited:
Six - I haven't (yet) received an invite. I just called up the phone number in the configuration email (or you'd call Customer Service / Delivery if you don't have the configuration email as yet) and asked about it. They confirmed that I should have been on the invitation list, and are figuring out how to get the invitation sent out.

I'd suggest giving them a call - I think you'll have it sorted in no time.

I have been told I should have an invite but still do not have one. I hope one will be forthcoming. I assume I am registered as being OK for marketing e-mail. I did get an invite to the "D" reveal. (actually ended up playing "excited crowd" in the official video:biggrin:)

No invite for me :(

I'm opted-in for marketing emails (received one when a nearby supercharger opened a few days ago), S owner and hold both Sig X #1100 and P #1618.

Not sure how they missed me, but maybe they need to rethink their choice in CRM...Just sayin